Mini Photon - What am I doing wrong??? - SOLVED!

(1/5) > >>

angryninjas:
Ok, so I bought a mini photon for my IGT S Plus.  No matter what I do, I can only get the decimal point to show up, no numbers.  Here is my setup, followed by my process.  What am I missing?

MACHINE INFO:
-------------------------
IGT S Plus
Triple Diamond 5 coin, 5 line
Game chip SP872
Reel chip SS6994
Progressive plugged into molex in the top box
10 Mhz board with 8 dip switches instead of 7
Dip Switch settings:  1-6 are ON, 7-8 are OFF (as per the progressive sellers instructions)

PROCESS AND SETTINGS:
------------------------------------
- I start with game chip installed and working
- Turn off machine, remove game chip, install set90 chip, replace board and turn back on
- I get a 65-3, followed by a 90.  I turn the jackpot key, 65-3 goes away.  Just left with the 90
- Press spin, it shows a 0 for communication type.  Won't let me change it to a 1 or 2 for miser or sas, so I assume thats ok
- Press spin, it asks for sas address, which I leave at 000
- Press spin, goes to bill pay mode.  I leave this at 0
- Press spin, goes to bill acceptor mode.  I change this to 1 for enabled, but this setting never sticks.  I'll reactivate later with a set15 chip?
- Press spin, goes to country code.  I leave at 37 for USA
- Press Spin, goes to progressive selection.  I change to 3, which is circled on sellers instructions
- Press spin, goes to progressive levels.  I change this to 1, as circled in sellers instructions
- Press Spin, goes to progressive type.  I leave this at 1 for alternating
- Press spin, goes to denomination.  I change this to 25 for a quarter machine
- Press spin, it goes to the standalone progressive mode, and the digits are selectable on the progressive meter
- for 9-1, I change the value to 1000, and press spin
- for 9-2, I change the value to 99,999.99, and press spin
- for 9-3, I change the value to 10.00 for 10 percent, and press spin
- for 9-4, I change the value to 1000, and press spin
- At this point, it goes back to the initial "90" displayed, showing the chip version.  I hit the test button one more time to get a zero in the paid window, then turn off the machine.  So I replace the set chip with the game chip, turn the power on (meter only shows a decimal point at this point), and get a 61 error.  I hold the white test button, wait for the ding and a 61-1 code, close the door and turn the jackpot reset key.  My 61-1 is no cleared and I get a 65-2 error code.  I hold the white test button and it clears.  Game reels turn on their maiden spin and the game is functional... BUT... the progressive meter still just shows the decimal point.

I've searched and read other posts related to this, but the ones I seen they are able to get the meter to at least display the initial amount or something, I can't even get that far.  It's driving me crazy.  What am I doing wrong?  I'd just try it in my S2000 instead and see if that works, but I don't see a connector compatible with that molex, so I don't think that it's compatible.  Am I doing something wrong?

Foster:
Set 90 is not needed do progressive on a SP872
I think it applies to most SP chips with numbers below 1000.

so try going into the 9 settings with the game chip in.

Here is the PSR for the SP872

angryninjas:
I hope it's that easy!  Never thought to look there.  I'll give it a try in a little bit and let you know.  Thanks!

angryninjas:
Ok, took a look through my section 9 options.  I can get to section 9-1, and when I hit the spin button there, it gives me an alternating "0" and "9" in the credit window, and a 00 in the winner paid window, which I can change to numbers 1-9... but changing those numbers don't seem to get me to where I can set the progressive options.  and does not enable the meter when booting the game back up.  My dip switch 5 is on, so I don't see why these options wouldn't come up.  Turning the jackpot key or hitting the change button doesn't do anything when I'm at the 9-1 menu, so I don't even know how to get to 9-2, 9-3 etc.  It should also be noted that I can't seem to find the 0-31 menu, which tells it what kind of progressive it is.  Shouldn't it appear when I'm hitting the white test button and see 0 in the credit window?  I only have a few options with 0 in the winner paid window and 31 is not one of them... maybe I'm missing how to find it, because I can't even get to 30 (country select), 34 (award options) or any of those sub menus in the 0 section.  I tired turning the jackpot key when I had 0 in the credit window, but couldn't find any of the 31,34,37 options (etc).  I must just be in the wrong place or something.  This is all without the set90 chip.  I can get to these options with a set90, but none of them get me anything but a decimal point on the meter when I put the game chip back in.  What can I do?

angryninjas:
Anyone?  I can't seem to change the settings once I get to section 9, option 1.  When I hit spin reels on that (which is lit up), it alternates between 9 and 0 in the credit window and has a 00 in the winner paid window.  and there's no way I can find 9-2, 9-3, or 9-4.  I THINK I need to find the option 31 so that I can tell it that its a stand alone progressive attached, but I can't find that anywhere..., but maybe thats because the dip switches override that so it doesn't show, since my dip switch 5 is on, which basically tells it that its got a progressive attached.  I don't know, I can't figure it out, even with the PSR.  The progressive meter just stays at 0000000 through the entire setup menu.  I can get to the options and proper setup sections using my set90 chip, and setup all 4 progressive options which show on the meter, but it only shows the decimal point on the progressive meter after I apply the settings and put the game chip back in.  Very frustrating.  

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page