Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 12:16:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  Arcade Games, Pinball, Crane Games, Redemption Games and Other Stuff
| |-+  Arcade Games **Video**
| | |-+  60 in 1 jamma wiring question
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 60 in 1 jamma wiring question  (Read 9633 times)
BR549 Auto Sales
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 499

« on: May 05, 2012, 02:05:45 AM »

I have a 60 in 1 pcb and I have a switching power supply and the jamma harness. How do I connect the jamma harness to my existing upright Pacman cabinet? I believe that I have the switching power supply wired correctly, I need a decription as to how to hook the jamma harness to my existing monitor on the Pacman cabinet. I was going to use a seperate cord for the ac on my switching power supply and keep the existing power supply in the cabinet to power the monitor (unless someone knows a better way to do so) I see that there are led lights on my 60 in 1 arcade classics board, which led light should be lit once I apply power to the game? I tried to use a 19" computer lcd monitor at first (which plugs directly into the 60 in 1 board) but the screen said no signal when I powered it up. I would actually rather use the computer monitor if i could, if there is a way to get it to accept the video signal from the 60 in 1 board.

Thanks,

David
BR549 Auto Sales
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2012, 05:29:32 AM »

I may have made some progress, I found the pin outs to the pacman connector and have them running to my jamma portion of video wires. I powered the game up and it went through a long sequence of check-ok tests and then it went to a screen that says "service next" at the bottom of a screen of red, green, blue and white squares. Any idea as to what this is?

Thanks,

David
slotsteve
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 139

we are opened a home sale store on us 58

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2012, 09:29:05 AM »

just make sure your pac man power supply is not putting any power to 60 /1 . those old pac man boards  get ac from the p/s which is changed to dc on the old p/m board , take your time doing it its not  hard, once you do 1 you,ll   be wiring them in 30 mins tops
steve
BR549 Auto Sales
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2012, 11:33:15 AM »

I am using seperate power, the original cabinet power supply for the game monitor and I have the switching power supply powering the 60 in board. I believe I am getting close to completing the main wiring process, but when I power it all up I get a scrolling "verify ok" checklist then it comes to the color bar test and at the bottom of the screen it says "service next" How do I advance from this screen?

Thanks,

David
« Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 01:04:40 PM by BR549 Auto Sales » Logged
slotsteve
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2012, 05:57:08 PM »

check dip swicth,s  i sent you last book i had with board but it worked here in jammed game there might also be a button  making ,it  putingt in in service mode
BR549 Auto Sales
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2012, 06:42:49 PM »

The dip switches are set correctly on the board. So far, all I have wired into the jamma harness is player 1 button, player 2 button, and all 4 of the joystick switches. Do I need something else wired in to get it out of this "service next" mode?
slotsteve
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2012, 07:02:26 PM »

check your wires make sure they are on  right lugs sounds like service sw is closed  are you have a ground touching
BR549 Auto Sales
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2012, 10:40:20 PM »

do I need to wire the  orange sevice switch wire from the jamma harness to something? Can't tell where it goes. Still stuck on the "service next" screen
slotsteve
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2012, 10:45:23 PM »

touch sevice wire to  ground on other side of 1st player start button  quickly   i still  think you got  it stuck in setup some how send me a pic of what you have on screen
buybest@aol.com
BR549 Auto Sales
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2012, 05:04:39 AM »

I was a grounding issue, the game is up and running now.

Thanks for the help.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.