Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 21, 2024, 01:45:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Reel Games. (Moderator: a69mopar)
| | |-+  Newbie with a Bally E-1209
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Newbie with a Bally E-1209  (Read 4533 times)
JEREMIAH
Contributing NLG Member
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 60

« on: March 21, 2011, 02:26:35 AM »

Greetings all,

I have finally taken the plunge into the reel slots with a purchase of a Bally model E-1209. The machine is not working properly but I got a good price for it, (I think), And started tinkering with it today.
It has the usual issues with bulbs needing replacement and needing a good cleaning and service. The glass looks good and so does the chrome. I don't know much about slot repair but I have a
PE video poker machine and have messed with it a little. The first issue of concern is that the reels don't stop correctly when the handle is pulled, then the machine tilts with either a 71 alarm code or a 43
and the reels free-wheel to a stop. I did notice that the reel reader lights work on all 3 reels when a coin is inserted. This of course is after several resets and actually having to remove and unplugging the reel mechanism,
re-installing it, powering up and trying again.

I would also like to find out if there is a way to test the hopper to see if it is functioning properly. The machine accepts coins and registers them ok when not in tilt mode but i haven't been able to
get any movement out of the hopper mechanism. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I would also like to find out where I can get parts, bulbs and some manuals for the machine. I also dont have the keys for the door or the reset on the side of the cabinet. Thank you in advance for your consideration.
JEREMIAH
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2011, 11:05:51 PM »

applause Hello All,

Update to previous post. After completing a run-through of the testing proceedures and giving some careful attention to the hopper
and the reel mechanisms with the old standby WD-40,(I know this isnt the best thing to use because it gets gummy and attracts dust) The E-1209 is ALIVE!!!!!!
I am having an issue when feeding the nickels in. Occasionally it tilts during coin insertion.
Also, can somebody tell me what controls the coins to make them go into the hopper or the drop?
When i get this tilt condition I can open the door and reset, but any coin insertion after drops into the cabinet.
After the handle is pulled the coins go back to dropping into the hopper.
Any help, as usual, would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. American Flag
Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 308

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2011, 01:23:46 AM »

Hello... The Bally E-Series machines, the first coin goes down the over flow shoot. After that they go into the hopper.. You said the your machine is still tilting, what codes showing up in the display? Is it still the 43 and 71? The 43 code refers to the 3rd reel reader, and the 71 code I believe refers to the switch on the front door at the lock. Check its operation and wires. For the bulbs and parts you need, check with Barry at Foxsslots. His EBay store should have what you need. As for the manuals, click on the link, Robert E. Suit's Slot Notes and look at what he has for down loads. If you can't find it there, then check back at Foxsslots, he has manuals too..

Good luck with your machine...  Odie

If it's jammed, force it... If it breaks it needed to be replaced anyway...
JEREMIAH
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2011, 04:17:51 AM »

Hello and Thank you for your response,

After lubricating the reel mechanism the tilts of alarm#43 and #71 have stopped but I am getting a #20
which is a coin switch jam alarm. Dont know why yet. When the machine is first powered up and then the door is closed,
the first coins inserted drop into the overflow, all 5. Then after the handle is pulled and the reels stop, a relay kicks in in the coin mechanism and all coins inserted after drop in
the hopper. Could there be an issue with the reset key on the side of the cabinet? I do not have this key and need to replace the lock
Thank you
Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2011, 09:45:40 AM »

it's perfectly normal for these machines to let the first pull coins go into the over flow shoot. I just blocked my off with an old sock rolled up and stuffed inside the shoot. That way I can reach them since my machines does not have a stand that has to opening for the over flow.. For the code 20 check the operation of both coin switches if your still has both. First one under the coin acceptor, and second one on the bottom of the door where the coins come out going into the over flow..

JEREMIAH
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2011, 01:29:28 AM »

Great. Thank you,

I like the sock idea rotflmao At some point I will toss the lower cab for a better one. This one has seen better days.
I cycled a bunch of coins thru when I got home and no jam alarm so.....I'll have to check and maybe disassemble
the mechanism and clean it or maybe get a new switch. Thanks for your help. I'll keep you posted American Flag
proten
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 210

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2011, 01:53:22 AM »

I had the same problem with my E2212.
All I did was hook a spring on the deflector
and hooked it in the activated position.
Pull the deflector back to the door with the spring.

Paul

One step at a time.
JEREMIAH
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2011, 02:38:04 AM »

:25-That is a great idea....I'll do that...Thank you. propeller
2Moons
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2011, 12:18:24 AM »

Hello
When you get around to bulbs. Take a look at this link.

http://cointaker.com/main.sc;jsessionid=4240C0B0BFB4698F883E45B3CC2BDA5D.qscstrfrnt04

I have used these LED replacements & they work well and look cool. Not mention that they are cheep.
2Moons
JEREMIAH
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2011, 01:36:57 AM »

applause Great I'll check that out....Thank you
Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2011, 01:54:51 AM »

Hello
When you get around to bulbs. Take a look at this link.

http://cointaker.com/main.sc;jsessionid=4240C0B0BFB4698F883E45B3CC2BDA5D.qscstrfrnt04

I have used these LED replacements & they work well and look cool. Not mention that they are cheep.
2Moons

Thanks for the information and link 2Moons, I have a few of the older Ballys and I was thinking of changing out the bulbs if possible, now I see that it is..

Karma + to you..  Gary

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.