Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 21, 2024, 06:41:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Reel Games. (Moderator: a69mopar)
| | |-+  balle e-2000 help!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: balle e-2000 help!  (Read 2304 times)
pindork1
« on: March 21, 2012, 06:38:35 PM »

let me start by thanking everyone for the help with my fortune one machine in the past. i picked up a couple e-2000 slots and one im having some trouble with. this is a three reel three pay line machine. the first reel is not indexing all positions. in test 5 it sees maybe half of the positions on the first reel. i thought maybe the index board was having trouble so i tested the photo-transistors and they all seem to be working. i then moved the board to reel two and board two back to reel one. i still have the same problem with reel one. so im thinking the problem may not be with the board. i have cleaned all connections in the harness and checked continuity on the plugs on the reel assembly. any other ideas of what to check? im thinking i may have a problem with the io board. thanks in advance for any help!!
mike
FOXSSLOTS1
Resigned NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 323

Me at work

« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2012, 07:37:40 PM »

check the contacts on the molex edge connector going to the reel - they are brittle and break easily - check back to the reader control board.  make sure that the reels are correct - that is - if it is a 22 stop make sure all the discs are 22 stop. 
pindork1
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2012, 03:02:51 AM »

thanks for the tips! i will check the stop discs and check the molex plugs. thanks again!!
pindork1
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2012, 07:54:07 PM »

well i checked all the pins none are broken. i plugged all the harnesses in and tested for continuity from the pins on the index boards to the molex plugs going to the io board with no probems. could this be a problem on the io or the mpu? thanks again!!
pindork1
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2012, 03:05:56 PM »

i was just working on this slot and noticed something. when im in test 5 the reel test, when the reel reader picks up one of the positions say single bar it reads 1 on the display. when i move the reel the 1 stays on the screen until it recognizes another position? all the other reels go blank if moved from a pay position until another pay-line is picked up by the reel reader. it only does this on the first reel. also when the first reel is on a pay-line that it doesn't recognize the other reels have trouble reading their position? any ideas? thanks again!!
Judge
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 1

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2012, 09:22:36 AM »

You can try this to prove where your fault is. Leave the reel position readers where they are but swap the plugs of reader 1 and reader 2 around and see if the first reel indexes. If it does index and reel two does not index I think you have a faulty reel position reader board (Reader 1). If reel one still does not index your problem is possibly either the reel reader control board or the I/O board.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.