Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 12:30:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Reel Games. (Moderator: a69mopar)
| | |-+  'RESET' on message center system 5000
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 'RESET' on message center system 5000  (Read 3820 times)
mctuerk
Contributing NLG Member
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 22

« on: April 02, 2009, 09:03:33 PM »

the only message i can read in the massage center is 'reset' after one minute reset changes to 'U?U?U?U?U?U?U
the operator instructions manual says call a senior service technician. what is the problem???
(i exchanged the defective power supply and the 2340 battery)
can  someone help me to make the machine work again?
 bawling

... only those who grow up and remain children are human
blueridgeslots
703 730-0821
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1262

703 730-0821

« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2009, 07:04:36 PM »

Needs Ram Cleared

Selling Quality Tested and Guaranteed Slot Parts and Machines at Wholesale

http://stores.ebay.com/BLUE-RIDGE-SLOT-SERVICE
mctuerk
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2009, 07:59:09 PM »

thanks - exactly that's my problem. i don't know how to do. i tried some different methods - when i removed the j15 and placed it to j14 the display only shows  SAFERAM ENABLED - nothing more happens - do i need clear chips for a b5000 ??? it's not a +one

Hotrod
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2009, 05:26:55 PM »

Before anything can be done. Back up battery on cpu must be in good condition. At lease 3.0 volts. If it is a ni-cad or nimh. It would be a good idea to replace, if older than 5 yrs. If it’s a lithium battery or lithium disc. It should show a voltage of at least 3.0 volts. If not than replace. Batteries should be replaced with like types. DO NOT REPLACE LITHIUM WITH NICAD OR VICE VERSA. SERIOUS PROBLEMS WILL OCCUR. some battery shops will solder a new battery on for a small fee, if you purchase it from them,

There are three variations on how to clear a bally 5000/plus. The earlier (5000) model. Which can be identified by only having one set of chips on the main cpu. (No piggyback board attached.) This one needs special clear chips. Remove program chips U-12/U-15. Replace with clear chips U-12/U-15. Place cpu back in machine turn power on. Display should cycle through checking saferam, clearing saferam, saferam cleared. Turn power off. Remove clear chips and replace original program chips in slots U-12/U-15. Saferam is clear.

Regular 5000/plus most 5000 will clear cpu: Turn power off, pull I/O board* out enough to break its connection from motherboard. (Leave two front ribbon cables plugged in) * I/O board is above cpu board in machine. It has the large ribbon cables plugged into the front.

Locate PSUDO COIN IN SWITCH. (Button on door that gives machine a test spin) Push in and hold in while turning on main power to machine. Continue to hold psudo button in while watching display. Depending upon type of display your machine has it will cycle through: checking saferam or (CH), clearing saferam (CL), saferam cleared. Once cleared, let go of psudo button, push I/O board back in and push reset button on cpu. The saferam is clear.

The bally cpu clear chips will also clear out most plus cpu if you have them. The later style bally 5000 plus and models with a bill validator (1992-up) have difficulty clearing since they use a very special set of clear chips check your program chips for the program date. If you are having trouble clearing the saferam and the dates on them (U-3/U-4/U-12/U-15) were programmed after 1992 the only way I have been able to get this unit to function is replace those four program chips with earlier programs. The game will still play correctly and read reels with accuracy because the reel or game chips are left alone. (U-18/U-20) I have those four chips available.

Once you have cleared the saferam. You can program in options with keypad.

Turn power to machine on. REMOVE ALL CREDITS OR ERRORS FROM MACHINE BEFORE TRYING TO PROGRAM. Plug in keypad. It plugs into connector J-33 on the lower right corner of motherboard. Some models it plugs into a connector directly under cpu. If you have to remove hopper to plug it in. Hopper must be reconnected or it will give off an error which must be cleared to resume programming. Go through list of two digit options they must be entered with first two digits, then option on (01) or off (00) example: credit code 27 would be entered as: 2710 then push the enter key (ENT) it should be programmed in. If you make a mistake or get an error. Push the clear or (CLR) key. Options vary by machine and functions programmed into chips. Some options arent available on your machine.

mctuerk
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2009, 08:13:20 PM »

Thanks a lot –
i did not expect any reply after 2 month – the method i tried before was succesful.
I didn’t need any clear chips – the problem was, when the „saferam enabled“ message appeared,
i didn’t press the test button in time. You gotta do that very quickly. So i got a ALL RAM CLEAR and
no options were saved. I have no keypad to change the game options – but both machines do working fine now.

a69mopar
647-402-1977
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 600

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2009, 09:50:40 PM »

Thanks for reporting back, this may help someone else in the future.

W

www.GTASLOTS.com      647-402-1977              BALLY S6000 GALLERY
Hotrod
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2009, 11:49:45 PM »

If you need a programmer you can get on at Slotmachine.com    (K-LAR slot repair) Larry Weber 702 363-9998.

Lucky Shimanek at azgamingslots@msn.com .  or his slot company at Unitedslots.com also has the programmes.  He also has the early chips and the clear chips.  Larry has new replacement power suppy for the Bally 5000 & 5000+ machines for $90. 
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.