Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 10:19:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Reel Games. (Moderator: a69mopar)
| | |-+  Bally FO-650-8 or E2404-11 Slot Locked Up
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bally FO-650-8 or E2404-11 Slot Locked Up  (Read 4364 times)
fmh
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« on: November 19, 2013, 04:56:57 PM »

Hello,

I know someone who has a Bally FO-650-8 Slot machine that needs repair. There is also a tag on the side with the markings of E2404-11. They can’t recall the last time they used it but it has been at least a decade. Recently they decided to try it out the machine didn’t work. They called me because I have done minor/simple repairs to Arcade Machines and Video Game consoles over the years for myself and others. When I got there I plugged the Slot Machine in and tried it out. It appeared to power up fine. When I inserted a quarter and tried to pull the handle the handle seemed locked. That’s as far as I got. I did a visual inspection but nothing seemed stuck or anything loose clogging up the works.

I have no experience with Slot Machines. I searched the Web for Bally FO0650-8 and came up almost empty. Where would be a starting point for me to get manuals or more information on this or Bally Slot Machines? Is there a standard check list to do on Slot Machine? Any help would be appreciated in pointing me in the proper direction.

Thanks
proten
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 210

« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2013, 05:04:55 PM »

Hi. I'm thinking that it is a E2000 series machine.
On the right side of the reel assembly there is a
piston assembly that has a rubber cup seal that likes
to go bad and turn to goo. Remove it and clean out
the goo, but the seal is not available so you will just
put it back together with a little grease on the piston.

One step at a time.
fmh

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2013, 03:36:38 PM »

I stopped by to look at the Slot machine on the way home from work.  I figured out why the handle doesn't work.  There are a lot of issues but they all boil down to two main issues.

1: When the machine is turned on the TILT Light is lit up.  This is topping the machine from accepting coins, which allow you to pulled the handle.  (Locked Handle Issue).

2: The Wheels that show the BAR, Cherries, etc are not locked.  They are free.  So obviously if the handle wasn't locked then if the handle was pulled then the wheels wouldn't spin.  Second issue with this is that they need to be reset to their original positions so the Payouts match the Displayed Icon.

So that's where I am at.  Once I figure out what is throwing the TILT Condition then everything but the wheels will work.
fmh

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2013, 03:55:18 PM »

Just thinking, would the wheels being unlocked be causing the TILT Condition?
FOXSSLOTS1
Resigned NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 323

Me at work

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2013, 06:20:47 AM »

if the arm or kick switch is stuck as well - just remove the reel mech from machine and power up;  try the buttons on the hopper to run tests.
fmh

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2013, 06:21:29 PM »

I have the machine functioning but not perfect yet.  The locked arm and spinning wheels issues have been resolved.  I found the Reset and Test buttons on the main board.  By resetting the machine I was able to put a Quarter in and pull the handle!  The wheels spun and the first two wheels would stop but not the last wheel.  This in turn would Throw the machine into TILT Mode.  After trying a couple of times and looking closely I manually activated the switch to lock the wheel.  The grease on the 3rd wheel mechanism was pretty gooey and nasty.  Basically the arm tried activating and the dried grease was stopping it.  Once I broke it loose the machine worked as expected.

Now the problem I have left to address is indexing the Wheels.  I played a few rounds and got 50 coins out but what was shown on the display would not have paid anything.  How does one go about re-indexing the wheels so that they show and pay what they are supposed to?  Would the manual at http://www.coinslots.com/ have the instructions?   
ramegoom
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 40

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2013, 11:59:12 PM »

Check the coin-out switch. If it's not actuating properly, it might not be counting each coin, and the hopper will run until it gets the win count. I think the coin should actuate the switch when it gets to the 11:00 position, meaning, the coin closes the switch just before it slides through the roller - 12:00 would be the very top of the coin contacting the roller.
dhellis
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 56

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2013, 02:19:13 AM »

I have the machine functioning but not perfect yet.  The locked arm and spinning wheels issues have been resolved.  I found the Reset and Test buttons on the main board.  By resetting the machine I was able to put a Quarter in and pull the handle!  The wheels spun and the first two wheels would stop but not the last wheel.  This in turn would Throw the machine into TILT Mode.  After trying a couple of times and looking closely I manually activated the switch to lock the wheel.  The grease on the 3rd wheel mechanism was pretty gooey and nasty.  Basically the arm tried activating and the dried grease was stopping it.  Once I broke it loose the machine worked as expected.

Now the problem I have left to address is indexing the Wheels.  I played a few rounds and got 50 coins out but what was shown on the display would not have paid anything.  How does one go about re-indexing the wheels so that they show and pay what they are supposed to?  Would the manual at http://www.coinslots.com/ have the instructions?   

If you got a payout when the reels showed that you should not have then the first thing I would check would be the game chip and see
if it was the proper chip for the machine. An E2404-11 should have chip # 596288 installed in socket P1. If the chip is correct then you
may have the wrong reel strips or one or more may have slipped, make sure you can not move the reel strips.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.