Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 07:41:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Reel Games. (Moderator: a69mopar)
| | |-+  2 reels won't stop.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2 reels won't stop.  (Read 2504 times)
rjpohl
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 103

« on: July 23, 2009, 09:58:50 PM »

I have a Bally Proslot with mfg date of 10/94.  I believe it is a 5500 but not sure.  My problem is 2 of the reels do not stop when you first power machine up.  Reels 1 and 2 did not stop bur 3 did.  I moved 3 to position 1,  1 stopped then and 3 didn't.  I believe this means it's a reel reader problem.  I have a few spare reels from a 6000 Will they work on the 5500?
Thanks for any help
Bob

Neonkiss
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 436

« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2009, 10:38:16 PM »

I had a similar problem with a 5500 Pro
My issues was with just one reel. During start up the reels spin until the machine senses the home position. Then it counts each stop.
This is done with two sets of optics on the reel board. If you look at the reel basket you will see two rings. The outer ring is slotted for each reel stop. The inner ring only has one slot. That is the homes position. When the machine starts up the reels spin until the optic senses that slot on the inner ring. Then depending on the RNG number, it counts each pulse from the outer ring to know the exact position of the reel at all times. This is how it knows where and when to stop to match the RNG.
Mine like yours would just continue to spin because it would not find the home position. It my case it was a faulty inner optic. I changed it out with a good one and it has been working ever since. If anyone has a good part number for the optic switched on the reel boards, please advise. I found some online with Mouser and Newark, but when I got them only one dimension was correct. since these are surface mounted optics all four pins need to match the holes in the circuit board.  I could try to spread the width of the legs to match the circuit board, but I didn't try that yet. I was just hoping to find the correct optics.

Nothing brings people together better than a common enemy
343 / 60 brothers lost on that day.
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2009, 10:54:50 PM »

It might be simpler to just replace the reel; they don't cost that much. You might even want to just buy a set of three to have some spares.

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
rjpohl
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 103

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2009, 11:32:44 PM »

I have some 6000 reels, will the board/optics work?

Neonkiss

Total Karma Storms: 436

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2009, 11:39:48 PM »

I would say yes, if the 6000 boards is part number AS-3356-92

Otherwise I don't know. Never had a 6000 machine.

Nothing brings people together better than a common enemy
343 / 60 brothers lost on that day.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.