Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 02:10:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  Monitor Repair Log and Database. **Arcade and Gaming**
| |-+  Monitor Repair Tech Support
| | |-+  Television Repair???
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Television Repair???  (Read 5473 times)
racergiant
Contributing Gold NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 105

« on: September 16, 2008, 03:49:29 AM »

Started by tjkeller -

OK, this is for the Monitor Repair Wizards out there.
I have a 27" Sanyo Television that went caput on me. It's not all that old and had been working fine.
Then one day it just shut off. Now you turn it on and in a matter of a second or two it shuts off. (not long enough for picture to come up)
I opened it up and checked out the board and cannot see any bad caps, loose or broken joints, or any
bad anything for that matter.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I may look for??? There are about a billion caps on the board
so just shotgunning caps seems futile...especially given I am uncertain if THAT is where the problem is. Picture
was and had been GREAT. Seems like if it would just stay on it would be fine.

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can offer!

Travis
racergiant

« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2008, 03:49:48 AM »

By Jay -

Seems to me that this might be a power problem.
In my limited experience TVs, Computers etc use a momentary switch to turn power on and once the current is flowing it is enough to keep it going.
If you have two of these it strikes me that their power supplies could have been damaged by a surge etc.
racergiant

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2008, 03:50:08 AM »

By Ozzy III -

http://www.eserviceinfo.com/equipment_mfg/Sanyo_2.html

You might find some info among these files and folders,

cheers

Ozzy
racergiant

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2008, 03:50:29 AM »

By ESDAVE -

hi let me know what model and i can give you lots of advise on your fault , do you have a test meter and scope to check SDA/SCL data lines if i tell you what to expect and where to test. esdave uk engineer.
racergiant

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2008, 03:50:50 AM »

By tjkeller -

Quote from: ESDAVE on September 06, 2008, 05:54:45 PM
hi let me know what model and i can give you lots of advise on your fault , do you have a test meter and scope to check SDA/SCL data lines if i tell you what to expect and where to test. esdave uk engineer.

Hello ESDAVE    and THANKS for the reply.

Model is Sanyo DS27890
I do not have a scope. I suspect either T601 Transformer or T402 Flyback.
I do not know how to pin down exactly where the problem is. Also, not sure where to get replacement parts.
TigerDirect no longer has these parts available for this model. I have tried to get help on another forum related
to television repair etc but so far no help. The telvision was working great and had a GREAT picture. I hate to see
it go to the landfill if it can be repaired.

Thanks for any help you may be able to offer!

Travis
racergiant

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2008, 03:51:41 AM »

By aibudo -

Monitor the flyback pulse and make sure that it looks like it's supposed to.  Any double bumps and the set will shut down.

Dennis
racergiant

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2008, 03:51:59 AM »

By ESDAVE -

hi travis dont know your model , i am in uk and can be different models for other countrys so can you give me chassis type off back of set, i can then look up diagram and tell you what to check .but to begin o/c HOT collector and dummy load ht with a 60w mains bulb see then if bulb stays lit with correct ht with a 27" approx 148v if it does check your line drive  to base see if this is stable. lots more info if required. esdave
LT Games
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 3

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2008, 04:21:40 AM »

i am looking for a person that can repair igt 17'' upright and wms 19'' slants monitors. please call 832 2068579.  i live in houston
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.