Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 01:15:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  General NLG Chat
| |-+  The Slot Shop **Tech Talk**
| | |-+  Any SUMMIT owners here?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Any SUMMIT owners here?  (Read 5272 times)
ramegoom
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 40

« on: April 23, 2013, 11:19:23 AM »

Lucky me, I acquired one. But all is not lost; I got it to work perfectly. Hoping to share my learning experiences with others less fortunate...Anyone?
ramegoom
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2013, 11:14:39 PM »

No one? Looks like no one will 'fess up that they have one of these machines? I'm getting that feeling...

C'mon there's gotta be a few Summit owners out there!
jguy
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 1

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2013, 08:49:52 PM »

Hey ramegoom...
I picked up a Summit a few months ago...I love challenges. I've been restoring pinballs and jukes for the past 30 years and decided to try a few slots. I've been able get the Summit to operate but it keeps paying out all the quarters then goes to tilt. Does not seem to be registering coins out. I've checked coin count switch and continuity all the way to the controller board and it looks good. May be I have a bad ILQ74 - Opto Coupler IC? Anyway, hopefully I'll figure it out. Glad to hear you've been able to get your  classic Summit operating well. Any thoughts on what's going on with my Summit would be greatly appreciated!!
---Jim
ramegoom
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2013, 10:14:12 PM »

Hey ramegoom...
I picked up a Summit a few months ago...I love challenges. I've been restoring pinballs and jukes for the past 30 years and decided to try a few slots. I've been able get the Summit to operate but it keeps paying out all the quarters then goes to tilt. Does not seem to be registering coins out. I've checked coin count switch and continuity all the way to the controller board and it looks good. May be I have a bad ILQ74 - Opto Coupler IC? Anyway, hopefully I'll figure it out. Glad to hear you've been able to get your  classic Summit operating well. Any thoughts on what's going on with my Summit would be greatly appreciated!!
---Jim

I would bet on either the ILQ74 chip or the opto on the interface board. I put a socket under the ILQ, as it's a weak link. It processes all of the switch signals so it could be the culprit. Also, be sure the coin switch is working properly. It should register almost immediately after the coin hits the roller. I had a bad switch that was intermittent, and once I replaced it, no more issues.

Here's the interface board. There might be an issue with the opto-coupler:

Does your machine have a sound card? I did some mods to make the sound of the reels play as well. Once you get it going, it's actually a pretty nice game room machine.
proten
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 210

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2013, 01:43:38 AM »

I have a complete hopper control circuit from
BEAU PLUG to board (with 2 switches) if you need one.
 PM me if interested.

One step at a time.
jguy
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 1

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2013, 11:29:56 AM »

Thanks for the tips and support! Think my next move is to socket a fresh ILQ74. Sounds like I should double check the hopper switch as well. I really appreciate the great photo of the interface board with labels. Which opto IC do you think might be suspect? Hopper safe check or hopper run or is it some other one?
My Summit doesn't have a sound card....wish it did, sound would be a nice feature.

Appreciate proten letting me know he has a hopper control circuit if needed....

Again, thanks for the help, I'll keep you posted as I move ahead with my Summit project. Now that spring has finally arrived here in Vermont, outdoor projects are calling and I don't get as much time in the shop. (At least this week....who knows what May will bring?)
Best to all...
--Jim
CVslots

Total Karma Storms: 432

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2013, 01:09:33 PM »

Ramegoom - Awesome diagram of the board below! Not sure if this is something you created yourself? Would you happen to know of one for the yellow board?

ramegoom
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2013, 01:23:00 PM »

I don't have the yellow Options board otherwise, I'd do the same thing to that. I get into details like this...:-)
I did a breakdown on the Sounds PC Board and recently figured out how to have the game play music during the reel spin. Here's the poop on that:

http://www.ramegoom.com/john/Summit%20Systems%20Sound%20Board%20Modification.pdf

Getting to know this machine very well.
CVslots

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2013, 01:35:42 PM »

Oh cool! We've had a few Summits and still have a Victorian (mini-console type) to get around to someday. At that point, we will officially be out of the Summit business!  Cheer Leader

Can't wait, as we have boxes of Summit parts that can be sold then... rotflmao

Roslyn

ramegoom
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2013, 04:23:52 PM »

Well, send the spare parts my way. I managed to find switches and most of the electronic components, but you never know what you might need....
CVslots

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2013, 04:25:49 PM »

It will be months (most likely) before we have the Summit parts available on our website.  yes

ramegoom
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2013, 04:36:53 PM »

No problem, that Summit's going nowhere. Way too heavy to consider moving!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.