Q&A Thread

(1/42) > >>

channelmaniac:
If you have questions relating to the threads in this forum section, please post them here and not in the individual game repair threads.

Thanks!

RJ

dlfrsilver:
Final Fight :

Ok i got 3 boards for this one. There is one who should work but it says on self test WORK RAM NO GOOD.

Can you help me by telling me where this Work Ram is located on board ? thank you !

Peri:

For such an error ,there might chances that the Boot-ROM is faulty as per my experience. Since you have got 3 pcs,then it is better that you first swap them in order to pin point that which of the portion i.e Upper or lower portion is having problem.

channelmaniac:
That error points to the A board - the bottom board in the 3 board stack. It's one of the 256k SRAM ICs.

The problem is that there is no documentation for which of the many 256K SRAM ICs is bad. You'll have to swap them out one by one until you find the bad one.

RJ

dlfrsilver:
Hi guys, after testing, it appears the A-board (game board) are all fine (all 3), i tested them with my Mercs B-board PCB and they all works.
The pb is on the B-board (motherboard), one of the 256k SRAM is dead or maybe more as channelmaniac said.
I have picked their references, HM65256BLSP-10 and M5M5178P-45.
I suppose from what you said Channelmaniac that the problem is with HM65256BLSP-10 right ?

Also, very sad news, i got today 2 PCB in good condition (no trace cutted as far as i saw), but they are DEAD :(

one is Bad dudes vs dragon ninja, a flat black covered chip with 10 pin marked 'RCDM - I1   86' has been smoking under my eyes !!!!
and the second is robocop, nothing appears on screen, it's like the vsync is ON, with nothing more.....

any idea on what is RCDM - I1 86 will help me, i can't find on google what kind of chip it is, resistor, capacitor, i don't know.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page