Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 05:00:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  SIGMA Reel Games.
| | |-+  Sigma bill validator
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sigma bill validator  (Read 7472 times)
bikerbawb
« on: July 16, 2011, 09:28:06 PM »

I have a Sigma Patriot reel slot with a CBA-25-SG bill validator. This is set up for Canadian Currency. Anyone have knowledge as to how I can convert to US dollars. When it comes to validators, I'm clueless.
littledmac
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2012, 10:40:56 PM »

I too am looking for the answer to this. I have a CBA-35-SG validator and would like to convert it to accept american bills or find out what bill validator I can purchase to swap it out if it cannot be converted. It is in a sigma SG-50 upright slot machine. Thanks
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2012, 12:17:51 AM »

Canadian bills are wider than American bills.
You need another WBA
littledmac

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2012, 01:13:33 AM »

Thanks for the info, Can you point me to a certain model WBA that will work in my specific machine? It is the Sigma SG-50c upright reel slot machine. It has the side door for the cash can. I am not familiar with bill validators, so any help would be appreciated. Also, when I get a different WBA, will I need any additional wiring harnesses or other hardware, software or will it be plug and play? Any dealers you recommend to find a used WBA that will work? Thanks
bikerbawb
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2012, 01:35:46 AM »

I gave up on the Validator issue. Even if converted to US bills there is no update available to accept the newer currency. I felt is was a waste of time and money.
littledmac

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2012, 02:13:33 AM »

Really? I find it hard to believe, with all the machines out there that there would be someone who has figured out a way to do it. I hope you are wrong, but I guess you have been looking into it longer than I. Well if I do find away to do it, and for not too much money I will certainly let you know. I cannot give up just yet, as I really would like the machine to work. Do the people who have the same vintage machines (only with American Bill Validators) can only accept the old bills? Did they not make eproms to accept newer money? Just curious, as this seems the way I would like to look into... (getting a vintage American validator then upgrading it to accept newer money) Thanks for the input
bikerbawb
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2012, 02:20:13 AM »

JCM no longer supports those older validators. You may find a used US validator and head on rudysdeals.com. You may find tho' that the US validator wires up differently than the Canadian validator. You can try but I didn't think it was worth the effort. I sold that machine and bought a machine with a US validator. Good Luck though.
littledmac

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2012, 11:24:27 PM »

Can anybody tell me what the american equivalent was for this age machine was? I don't really care if it doesn't accept the new bills, I just want it to accept SOME bills. I assume the american validators were the DBV 145's from what I have read, but not totally sure. I have emailed Rudysdeals, but haven't got a response as of yet. Today I removed the validator from the machine to get more familiar with it and the connectors. I don't have a problem replacing the whole unit, and I know it has to be possible conversion. I don't want to sell the machine, so I am going to keep on looking until I find an answer. If anybody knows which JCM american money validator came with Sigma SG 50c please let me know. Thanks
bikerbawb
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2012, 12:10:44 AM »

I have a Sigma with Validator. It is a 145-SG. I believe the 200-SG head is a direct replacement. Depending what state you're in these folks might be of some help with the validator head.  http://slotvegas.com
littledmac

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2012, 03:23:14 AM »

Thanks for the info Bawb. What Model Sigma do you have now?
bikerbawb
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2012, 07:31:11 AM »

I have an SG 112B Video Poker. I've had an SG-50B and a 150B in the past. Pretty nice machines. I usually buy non working machines, fix them, sell them and look for another project.
fanninislots
Contributing Gold NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 86

« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2012, 05:47:35 AM »

I have the 200 head for the Sigma with the last program that was made it will take everything but the new 5. They are $75.00 ea.

Ben

bikerbawb
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2012, 06:01:28 AM »

Thanks Ben but I sold that machine and moved on to other projects.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.