Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 06:07:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  SIGMA Reel Games.
| | |-+  Sigma SG-300 "Life" that wont go into menu option.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sigma SG-300 "Life" that wont go into menu option.  (Read 16445 times)
rhlufa65os
Contributing NLG Member
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 10

« on: November 19, 2011, 02:18:50 AM »

Great site and Great help I see on this site..I just got a good deal on a SG-300 2002 "Game of Life" but has issues. The Hooper motor has power but does not cycle when the cash out out is pressed...I ordered a new Hopper..hope that issue will be resolved but my big problem is gettinging into the menue. I tried (as the guide says) to turn the game on w/ the key turned to reste/menue  to access the menue to make game adjustments. Out of 100 trys I was able to get into the menue one time...it will not go into that mode, any thoughts? Other than that the game worked until I hit "cash out" which gave me the hopper malfunction. The motor pins have power but the hopper motor does not drive....The coin mech is good but the dollar mech is lit up but does not take bills. I only bought it for a toy so the bill changer is not Important but I wonder why the game wont get me into the menue...Thanks for any help ! Ray...

Ray
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2011, 09:25:21 PM »

Welcome to the site, Ray.

NLG Welcome

I've never worked on a Sigma game myself, but based on your description it's possible that the wiring to the keyswitch you've been using to access the menu isn't making a good connection.  You said that it worked once, but not other times, which leads me to think it could be a wiring issue.  Check on the inside of the machine where the keyswitch is to make sure the wires are connected firmly to the keyswitch.

Again, since I don't own a Sigma machine I don't know for sure, but it may also be waiting for the hopper error to be resolved before it will enter the menu.

As far as it not taking bills, for sure the current tilt (the hopper error) would have to be resolved before the machine will even attempt to take a bill -- modern day slot machines won't accept bills or coins when there's an active tilt.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
rhlufa65os
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2011, 09:50:59 PM »

Thanks Knag! That's does makes sense and I will check that out. I did get a remanufactured hopper and it is the same except for the pin positions so I will have to change then into their proper positions before I plug it in. I now am wondering if the old hopper only has a burned out motor which is why it does not turn. I have the schematic  and checked the pins on the game side of the plug and it is supplying the proper voltage to those pins. Thanks again for the help and I'll keep you posted. It is irritating but and the same time kinda of fun trying to fix the puzzle. I'm use to recapping old am/shortwave radios and this is my first time playing w/ slots. It was a bargin for $50. At the Chicagoland antique acade show so I can't complain....thanks again. Ray

Ray
Mr. Dinoman
Mr. Dinoman
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 139

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2011, 02:47:08 PM »

Please Post Pictures Sigma "Game of Life" that I know are uv1700 video slot machines and not reel machines that used the SG-300 board.  Could be wrong. That is were photo's help...
Jimmy
rhlufa65os
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2011, 01:56:37 AM »

Jimmy your right about about pictures but I'm new on this site and can't seem to figure how to upload . However this is not a video "life game" and is a SG-300....reel game, I know the difference. They have to be limited since this is a 2002 game and Sigma sold out in 2003. When I figure out why I can't get  to attach pics  on this site the pics will show this is a reel machine and the data plate that shows SG-300.....thanks.

Ray
Mr. Dinoman
Mr. Dinoman

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2011, 02:13:26 PM »

Ok...If it is a SG-300 you should have a display...What is the display showing?
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2011, 02:49:12 PM »

When you hit "Reply" it brings up a "Attach" dialog box and to the right of it is a "Browse" button where you go into your own computer folders and files. Go find the picture file you want and click "OPEN" to attach the photo file you want to show.
If you want to add another picture, just click on "(more attachments)" ad you will go back into your own computer again.
Find and pick another file photo and click "OPEN" - it will add the other photo to the post.

When you're done attaching photos ( up to two photos per post) ,
Click on the "Post" button below and the post will be entered onto the thread.

There ARE limitations on photo sizes but I think the NLG website software down-sizes them to fit,  I may be wrong on this.
I've heard of some people using a website called "TinyPic" but I never used it and know nothing more about it .
Personally I use a free program called "getpaint.net" to photoshop and size my pictures and photos.
rhlufa65os
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2011, 02:01:54 AM »

I'm did that and the "choose file " is not illuminated....it is dark...and will not proceed when selected... GRRRRRRRRR.....Thank you I will go back to the FAQ's because I'm not hoping to correct the problem but find out why this "Game of Life "Reel slot is so unknown...the guy at the show was a slot guy but evn he feeled unsure about this game....Thanks...I'll be back...

Ray
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2011, 02:26:43 AM »

That's strange...all I have to do is put my mouse cursor into the grayed out box
and click enter and a dialog box pops up showing my own computers' folders.
rhlufa65os
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2011, 02:31:19 AM »

I wonder if it because I'm on my I Pad I will go to my Pc and try it....thanks for your input I'm gonna get it on here cause the group is great and LOL many people don't believe there is a sg-300. Life game 10 feet from me....kinda wish I didn't buy it now...lol"

Ray
rhlufa65os
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2011, 02:35:29 AM »

If I can send it to your email add. Maybe if your charitable you can post them for me....LOL! It does exist I promise LoL!

Ray
rhlufa65os
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2011, 02:50:04 AM »

I don't know why I can't post my "Game of Life Reel Slot" on this site but I will send my pics...im Rhlufa@frontier.com.  I'm on my PC now to see if I can upload my pics on there....Thanks Folks!

Ray
Jimise
Don't pick it up by the candle!
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 75

« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2011, 03:45:25 AM »

I would like to see a pic of your sigma too !   applause 
rhlufa65os
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2011, 03:46:24 AM »

Ok , I got a pic of the "Reel" "Game of Life" to post thanks too my better half. It is a SG-300 so will keep you all posted as I try all the suggestions you posted...and after looking at the scamatic think the hopper is the first issue...but again has any one seen one of these Sigma Reel games? Weird...but i do have the users guide for a 1999 SG-300 which does not list the "Life "game...Thank You all again...!

* Life Sideway.JPG (295.16 KB, 720x960 - viewed 192 times.)

Ray
Ron (r273)
NLG Welcome Wagon & General Chat
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 401

« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2011, 10:47:55 AM »

You've Got Mail

Ron(r273)
rhlufa65os
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2011, 01:54:37 AM »

Thanks Ron!

Ray
rhlufa65os
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2011, 02:17:56 AM »

Hey folks. Someone sent me a name of a book in regards to slot machine realities from a mechanics prospective. I can't find the message. If someone knows it could you please send the info back to me ? Thanks, Ray

Ray
rhlufa65os
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2011, 01:40:24 AM »

Ok, I got to work on the SG 300 "life game" the motor on the hopper was shot and I replaced it. The hooper ran when benched check with power applied to both the motor than the pins to the motor.  The voltage from the CPU PCB also shows 120v to the hopper pins...after I changed the mother and plugged it back in the game it I heard the machine reset then the game was back to normal and the button litghts were one and the game played until I felt all was well and pushed the cash out button and all went back to where I was before....same malfunction "hopper empty" push buttons off and it does not play...and it have 30.00 in nickels in the hopper.

Thanks to Ron I have the Manual and went threw the logic tree and have checked all but the  the game CPU unit to see if there is some short...but I find it strage that the malfunction occurs when pushing the cash out button which of course will energize the counter knife along with the hopper motor and it screws up....

I'm gonna get into the game CPU and look for a wire shortage ....if that don't work ....I guess I will start parting out the game...too bad but you can only do some much....Thanks again Folks!

Ray
Jimise
Don't pick it up by the candle!
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 75

« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2011, 02:04:47 AM »

Can you get into the diagnostic menu now?  (to check hopper operation) Have you pulled out your board?
Check all your connections...  Good luck, Thats a cool game!

Jim.....
Mr. Dinoman
Mr. Dinoman

« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2011, 02:37:51 AM »

Also check the optic on the hopper...If not adjusted correctly it might not be counting the coins which would give you a hopper error or the sensor might be bad...Also you never answered if you have any kind of display with any errors or not...Before you part it out (if that is what you decide to do) PM me...Thanks,
Jimmy
rhlufa65os
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2011, 03:32:58 AM »

I'm sorryit's was going from "on the display " from  hopper empty to hopper jam.....

Ray
rhlufa65os
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2011, 03:34:49 AM »

Like in my last post.....I changed  out the hopper.....Thanks again!

Ray
Mr. Dinoman
Mr. Dinoman

« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2011, 02:01:28 PM »

Page 2-10 explains how to do a RAM CLEAR...If you have other than a GAL-2 denom. chip, it should clear...If you have a GAL-2 chip, you will need ram clear chips...
Jimmy
rhlufa65os
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2011, 02:54:14 PM »

No, I have not pulled the board yet ! How do I know if I have Gal-2 chips or not and can you advise where these are located? I have not attempted a Ram Clear ck and will do so when I get home from work tonite. I have checked the optics on the two hoppers I have ( one that came with the game and a recon. One I got from a site called "Ralph's  slot machine parts) all seems well and no nickels are stuck behind the knife as someone suggested.  The malfunctions on the screen go from hopper empty to hopper jam depending how it feels but I mostly get the hopper empty reading. I can not get into the diag. Menu and checked and cleaned the connections on the key switch. The guy I got this from also told me the bill acceptor does not work which it does not. I get a bill acceptor malfunction reading on the display sometimes but that gets cleared when I do a reset by turning the key then it goes to the hopper empty or jam reading. Thanks as always! I'll post later when I attempt the ram clear...

Ray
Mr. Dinoman
Mr. Dinoman

« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2011, 03:06:19 PM »

It is a little 16-pin chip (IC59) located just above the 6 mains on the MPU board...There should be a sticker on it with the GAL number (ex. GAL-1)...It is all explained on page 2-10 of the manual...If the machine is in "TILT" mode you will not be able to get to the menus...A Hopper jam will be considered a "TILT"...Also SW1-10 enables or disables the bill acceptor...
Jimmy
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.