Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 06:34:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  SIGMA Reel Games.
| | |-+  Sigma Yahtzee problem please help
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sigma Yahtzee problem please help  (Read 5668 times)
Koni
Contributing NLG Member
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 15

« on: February 07, 2009, 07:16:00 PM »

I have a 2000 Sigma Yahtzee reel machine and when I plug it in the top box lights however the display in the tops glass is srambled and then it reads "C" with a backwards "6". The dice on the right side spins and will not stop. The buttons do not light "I assume because it does not go into play mode. I replaced the board on the right side power supply. Could it also be the power supply itself or is it something else? Please help. Thanks - Koni
PWRSTROKE
Resigned NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 246

« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2009, 09:21:35 PM »

Koni,  I have one of those.  Maybey later this evening I can chk mine and possibly help.  Did you just get the game-?  - Thanks Barry.
Koni
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2009, 12:18:09 AM »

Barry, Thanks- yes I just got it last weel. I have two other Sigma machines as well. Thanks -Koni
Koni,  I have one of those.  Maybey later this evening I can chk mine and possibly help.  Did you just get the game-?  - Thanks Barry.
PWRSTROKE
Resigned NLG Member

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2009, 12:33:23 AM »

Koni,  In the lower vfd do you have any bonus system error codes?  Which board/pwr supply did you replace-in top box or bottom.  The pwr supply in top box mounted on Left controls the dice etc.  When you boot the machine up it should display numerous programming settings etc. then the top dice-all five will spin and stop.  If the top dice do not spin (all five) you have a problem in top box portion for sure.  You said one of your dice to the right side spins all the time-?.  The board in the top box tray is also the driver for this from my memory.  Let me/us know exactly waht you have codes etc. and we will go from there.  I know where you got the game from and know it will work as that fella used to play it a while back.  Hope to be of some help on this problem.  Thanks Barry.
Koni
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2009, 12:41:19 AM »

Barry, There are no error codes in the lower vfd. I replaced the board in the top box right side that is on the power supply. When I boot up the machine the top display shows scrambled words then it stops at "C" and a backword "6". All five dice do spin, but when they stop the far right dice keeps spinning. Thanks -Koni
PWRSTROKE
Resigned NLG Member

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2009, 01:08:52 AM »

Koni,  With the machine off, pull the tray/board out of the top box (lower middle).  chk all chips and re-seat if need be.  The right die spinning if it just one is most likely in that die and a opto problem.  The dice are better to be removed as an assembley and mount to the back top box.  I will tell you they are a pain in the ass to remove/install.  This is the only way you can inspect the mechanical portion of the dice/pods and their mech's.  The scrambled stuff you are getting I have never had that particular problem but sounds like bad data being generated from cpus.  Please re-seat all lower and upper boards and chips/connectors.  These games are very finiacty about this.  I once moved one of mine across the room and got errors.  re-seated all and it was back working.  Again the pwr supply mounted on the LEFT top box has a lot to do with the dice function and throw bonus errors.  your dice do spin on pwr up and you do not have any error codes in lower vfd-strange.  I would assume the pwr/control mounted on left top is ok going on your description.  Thanks and keep us posted as there is a I think a couple more yahtzee owners here other than myself. 
Koni
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2009, 01:33:20 AM »

I check all chips to be seated and it is still doing the same thing, however the lower display say bonus error. I do have a spare dice if it is the optic but the dice did stop at one time when I put a different board on the top unit right power supply.- Thanks Koni
PWRSTROKE
Resigned NLG Member

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2009, 02:34:53 AM »

Koni,  Now you have bonus error in bottom vfd.  Now we know it's all in the top box now.  Once again the pwr/control box mounted on the left side is crucial to operation as I found out some time ago.  I am going to sleep on this and talk some more t'mrow about this problem-quite sure it should be a easy fix as soon as we pin-point the problem/componet.  Thanks Barry and have a good night.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.