Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 05:38:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  SIGMA Reel Games.
| | |-+  Sigma SG 300 Starts to Boot, The Dead (Help)
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sigma SG 300 Starts to Boot, The Dead (Help)  (Read 14581 times)
mantaramian
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 10

« on: July 30, 2012, 04:05:04 AM »

I asked for this one I bet, I am currently helping a friend get a SG 300 OUTTA CONTROL fixed up to give to his Office Manager a Retirement Gift.

It all started when he insisted the DBV to work. The machine would take quarters with no problems but the bill validator that was in the machine would not cycle at the start of the game (applying power) so he ordered another bill validator. He put the replacement bill validator in with the same problem.

This is where I came into the picture  Duh! before playing with the machine I did a little home work and tried to familiarize myself with the operation of the game.

I found the little Green Circuit board under the cash can, so I removed the board and that's when the SHIT HIT THE FAN!!! frying pan frying pan frying pan I forgot to turn the power off and the little circuit board hit the cabinet and shut the game down.

I immediately turned the machine off, but to late.

After close examination I could not see or smell any  parts that were effected.

I applied power and the machine did its normal boot procedure, Sound, Reels Spin a message comes up in the display and says "NOW SELF TESTING, WAIT FOR A WHILE" then another message comes up and says "GAME LOADING, PLEASE WAIT" and then the coin lockout mech engages and the display is blank....

What the HELL did I do to get myself into!!!

* 01.JPG (393.48 KB, 1440x1080 - viewed 379 times.)

* 02.JPG (374.05 KB, 1440x1080 - viewed 388 times.)
mantaramian
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2012, 04:06:13 AM »

Another Picture,

Hail Hail Hail Hail Hail Hail Hail Hail Hail Hail Hail Hail Hail Hail Hail Hail Hail Hail Hail Hail Hail Hail
 Silly Me! Silly Me! Silly Me! Silly Me! Silly Me! Silly Me! Silly Me! Silly Me! Silly Me! Silly Me! Silly Me! Silly Me! Silly Me! Silly Me! Silly Me! Silly Me! Silly Me! Silly Me! Silly Me! Silly Me! Silly Me! Silly Me!
 frying pan frying pan frying pan frying pan frying pan frying pan frying pan frying pan frying pan frying pan frying pan frying pan frying pan frying pan frying pan frying pan frying pan frying pan frying pan frying pan frying pan frying pan frying pan frying pan frying pan frying pan frying pan frying pan

* 03.JPG (282.29 KB, 1440x1080 - viewed 370 times.)
Mr. Dinoman
Mr. Dinoman
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 139

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2012, 04:28:44 PM »

Try this...

Hold in the test button next to the power switch, then turn and hold the reset key, then turn on the power switch at the same time. Continue holding the test button and the reset switch until the reels turn and the door says ram cleared (about 15 seconds). The door should read turn reset key twice. This will hard clear the machine...
Jimmy
mantaramian
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2012, 03:16:01 AM »

Mr. Dinoman  Hail

Thank you for your valued recommendation....

I will be giving this a shot tomorrow and report my progress.... It has been a long day of work and just got to my messages.

Thank you,
Mike Hail
Jimise
Don't pick it up by the candle!
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 75

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2012, 03:32:12 AM »

You said the machine takes coins. Does the machine still play?
mantaramian
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2012, 03:35:55 AM »

The machine did take Quarters before I started to tinker with the Bill acceptor. Once I try this Ram Clear procedure I will post my results....
mantaramian
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2012, 04:42:24 PM »

So I was able to imitate the ram clear procedure. No I am getting the following error

It says hopper runway 1 please call attendant.
Mr. Dinoman
Mr. Dinoman

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2012, 09:43:04 PM »

turn the reset switch...
mantaramian
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2012, 11:58:43 PM »

Sorry for the delay, I forgot to mount the door switch back in the machine.

With all the excitement of getting the bill acceptor to operate I removed the door switch and didnot remount it when I created this new problem.

After putting the machine back together and following the RAM CLEAR procedure all is back to normal

I would like to thank everybody for your support in this matter

Now I need to figure out how to get the dollar bill acceptor to function now. I think I will post a separate topic for the bill acceptor
Mr. Dinoman
Mr. Dinoman

« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2012, 02:09:31 AM »

did the BV work before?...You might have fried the interconnnect board...Do you see any of the LED lights on?
mantaramian
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2012, 02:32:57 AM »

The BV did not work before, my friend ordered a replacement BV and removed the one that was in the machine and replaced it with the one he ordered from Worldwide Gaming. He then put the BV in and still no Initial Grinding. That is when I came in the picture and needed to straighten the mess I created.

Thanks Mr. Dinoman for getting me on track.

In my dealings in the past when a IGT or Bally is turned ON, the BV will start making is usual noise making sure there is nothing in its path i would suspect then once the BV is in working order it will allow you to insert your $$$ bills.

This Sigma does nothing.

One mystery question I have about the switch behind the cash can, Does it need to be connected to anything for the BV to function?

Maybe I should start a new topic to clear this matter up?

Thanks,
Mike
Mr. Dinoman
Mr. Dinoman

« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2012, 01:03:35 PM »

Check that "SWITCH 1 POST 10" is set in the on position...Also, what is the ID protocol you have in the BV?...If it is the cherry switch behind the cage you are talking about, it is not hook-up to anything...You must have a cash can installed and the door completely close in order for everything to work...Does you display show just "insert coins" or does it also say "insert bills"?...
Jimmy
mantaramian
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2012, 02:11:36 AM »

"SW1 post 10 is set to the ON" position, I will have to get over to my buddy's to see what the front of the door says. I currently have the BV out of the machine.... I will let you know my findings.

The cash can and door is and was shut while trying to get the BV to function.....

Mr. Dinoman, thanks again....
mantaramian
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2012, 02:19:49 PM »

Check that "SWITCH 1 POST 10" is set in the on position...Also, what is the ID protocol you have in the BV?...If it is the cherry switch behind the cage you are talking about, it is not hook-up to anything...You must have a cash can installed and the door completely close in order for everything to work...Does you display show just "insert coins" or does it also say "insert bills"?...
Jimmy

Mr. Dinoman,

When the machine comes up it says Insert Coin and Insert Bills.
Mr. Dinoman
Mr. Dinoman

« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2012, 11:53:31 PM »

Under the cash can should be a little interface board...Are any of the LED's on or flashing?...Make sure if the board is there that the cables are connected...
mantaramian
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2013, 01:59:57 AM »

WOW, TIME Flies by with two kids and work..... Well I finally got my friend to bring over the machine so I don't have to drive over to his place when he is available or his wife has the house clean "A HAPPY WIFE IS A HAPPY LIFE"... LOL

So what I have is a machine that will play and pay out coins but will not take paper money, the board under the Cash Can has two LEDS and only one lights up.

is this normal or is this part of the problem? See the attached pic.

* DSCN7946.JPG (1060.33 KB, 1897x1819 - viewed 359 times.)
Mr. Dinoman
Mr. Dinoman

« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2013, 12:56:27 PM »

Still sounds like the BV is not communicating with the MPU...What BV are you using and if it is a eprom based, shoot a photo of the eprom and post it...
Jimmy
mantaramian
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2013, 02:38:08 AM »

Thanks for reminding me about the DBV, the machine came with one and my friend automatically thought the Original DBV was BAD so he bought one that was sold as working, I also happen to have one that I picked up a while ago.

So the end result is the same with any of the three installed.

Thanks for taking you time to provide some guidance...

Mike

Pics included

* DSCN7952.JPG (201.28 KB, 1920x1004 - viewed 341 times.)

* DSCN7958.JPG (300.21 KB, 1793x1080 - viewed 345 times.)
mantaramian
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2013, 02:39:22 AM »

And oh yea, here is a side view with the dip switch settings

* DSCN7953.JPG (179.55 KB, 1447x1080 - viewed 361 times.)
Mr. Dinoman
Mr. Dinoman

« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2013, 03:09:28 AM »

close-up of the eprom on the BV's is needed... Please Post Pictures
Jimmy
mantaramian
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2013, 12:13:19 PM »

Here you go, only two of the DBV have numbers on the eProm

* DSCN7964.JPG (233.83 KB, 1440x1080 - viewed 358 times.)

* DSCN7965.JPG (209.53 KB, 1440x1080 - viewed 416 times.)
Mr. Dinoman
Mr. Dinoman

« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2013, 12:41:44 PM »

those are correct eproms...the 3.75 is the latest and should work...Now double check all the dip switch settings on the MPU (since it has been almost a year since you started this post)...Do you have the manual?...Does the BV cycle at all when powered on?...If not check voltages and yes the BV  board could be  bad and so could the cabling...
Jimmy
Mr. Dinoman
Mr. Dinoman

« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2013, 12:49:52 PM »

also check, there is a reed switch where the  cash can goes that engages (or switches to the closed position via a magnet on the BV door)...Follow the white wires back behind the BV cage and see if they are hooked up...Check with a continuity checker that when you open and close the BV cash can door, the connection opens and closes...
Jimmy
mantaramian
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2013, 04:07:55 AM »

those are correct eproms...the 3.75 is the latest and should work...Now double check all the dip switch settings on the MPU (since it has been almost a year since you started this post)...Do you have the manual?...Does the BV cycle at all when powered on?...If not check voltages and yes the BV  board could be  bad and so could the cabling...
Jimmy

Thank you for the 1 year later suggestions....

I did double check the dipswitch settings on the DBV and the dip switch settings on the board.

I do have a 86 page manual and will include a couple pages of interest

Does the bill validator cycle? NO all 3 of them do not cycle and YES there is 12 volts on the little satellite board.

So the next question is where do I get a little DBV board? Rudys Deals or does anybody have one they would like to sell?

* Sigma SG300 Bill_Acceptor.pdf (56.14 KB - downloaded 213 times.)
* Sigma SG300 Dipswitch_Settings.pdf (120.53 KB - downloaded 216 times.)
mantaramian
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2013, 04:12:18 AM »

also check, there is a reed switch where the  cash can goes that engages (or switches to the closed position via a magnet on the BV door)...Follow the white wires back behind the BV cage and see if they are hooked up...Check with a continuity checker that when you open and close the BV cash can door, the connection opens and closes...
Jimmy

If the Cash can door is open the machine will display a message about the door, so I believe it works, I also removed the harness from the machine and was able to see the LED's on the DBV light up.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.