Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 12:04:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  SIGMA Reel Games.
| | |-+  Sigma Free & Easy bulb replacement in the wheel?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sigma Free & Easy bulb replacement in the wheel?  (Read 4506 times)
airangel
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« on: February 17, 2013, 10:34:15 PM »

Hi All wave

Total newbie here, one of the "red" outer lights is out on the Free spin wheel and the entire center area (5-10-15-25) area is also dark, assuming it too should be lit up.
I got the machine this way.  I've got some bulbs en route and once they arrive, um, now what, lol.   Anyone familiar with step by step how to for a non DIY newbie to follow?   Scratch Head

I love the machine, it's my first and would like to restore it to what it's supposed to look like.  Appreciate any assistance...thanks in advance.

« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 10:40:25 PM by airangel » Logged
Jimise
Don't pick it up by the candle!
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 75

« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2013, 02:48:57 AM »

Hello,
You might get a hold of Rudys Deals. They may have your red lights.
They do have some Sigma parts.....

http://rudysdeals.com/index.php?route=common/home

Hi All wave

Total newbie here, one of the "red" outer lights is out on the Free spin wheel and the entire center area (5-10-15-25) area is also dark, assuming it too should be lit up.
I got the machine this way.  I've got some bulbs en route and once they arrive, um, now what, lol.   Anyone familiar with step by step how to for a non DIY newbie to follow?   Scratch Head

I love the machine, it's my first and would like to restore it to what it's supposed to look like.  Appreciate any assistance...thanks in advance.

Mr. Dinoman
Mr. Dinoman
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 139

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2013, 01:55:13 PM »

If they don't have what you need let me know..I have Sigma parts also...Also post some pics of your machine... Please Post Pictures
Jimmy
airangel

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2013, 10:48:43 PM »

Hopefully I did this correctly...2 pics.  First should be the top (Free & Easy Spin wheel) that needs bulbs (one "red" is out and the entire center is dark.....I don't believe the bulbs are "red" though but what do I know)
Second is full shot of machine, apologize for the darkness.

* IMAG0187.jpg (1315.01 KB, 3264x1952 - viewed 342 times.)

* IMAG0186.jpg (934.92 KB, 1952x3264 - viewed 322 times.)
Mr. Dinoman
Mr. Dinoman

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2013, 12:12:12 AM »

The outer part of the wheel uses a square LED...I do have those...As far as the center light, they are little 12v bulbs in a little socket...Have you removed the upper plexi to see what is behind yet?...You might need both the bulb and socket or all your bulbs are burned out...Possibly the drived board is gone or bad...Take a look and get back to me...I do have the entire board, but do not have anyway to test them anymore...The last one I had, I converted the little bulbs to LED and it looked awesome and they should not burn out...

* 100_0918.JPG (1050.29 KB, 1728x2304 - viewed 358 times.)
airangel

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2013, 12:45:05 AM »

Hi back

Oohh. this is gonna be more complicated than I thought...yes, removed the plexi and yes the outer bulb that's blown apparently is square.  All the center lites are out, only one outer ring red lite is out. I am expecting the center bulbs anyday now (no clue after they arrive what to do).  Is replacing the bulbs an easy fix?  I assume I will have to disconnect the cable to remove the panel but after there, no idea. Supposedly the ones I'm expecting though are 14v.....

* slot lite bulbs.JPG (184.4 KB, 1600x1200 - viewed 317 times.)
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 12:55:55 AM by airangel » Logged
Jimise
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2013, 01:20:14 AM »

Hey Mr Dinoman!
What kind of leds did use to replace the clear bulbs?
I thought of trying that myself !
Thanks,
Jim.
The outer part of the wheel uses a square LED...I do have those...As far as the center light, they are little 12v bulbs in a little socket...Have you removed the upper plexi to see what is behind yet?...You might need both the bulb and socket or all your bulbs are burned out...Possibly the drived board is gone or bad...Take a look and get back to me...I do have the entire board, but do not have anyway to test them anymore...The last one I had, I converted the little bulbs to LED and it looked awesome and they should not burn out...
Mr. Dinoman
Mr. Dinoman

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2013, 06:24:34 PM »

here is a link that should work

http://www.ebay.com/itm/100-pcs-5mm-Blue-Round-LED-Lamps-Bulbs-6000mcd-100X-Resistors-for-DC12V-/261100682758?pt=US_Lighting_Parts_and_Accessories&hash=item3ccad03e06

...It has been awhile since I did it, but here is what I remember doing...hot glue the LED in place of the socket...Solder one side of the resistor to the anode of the LED and solder the other side to the +12vdc side of the socket
Connect the cathode of the LED to the switched side of the socket...(The cathode is commonly the shorter lead and located nearest any flat side of the LED.)
Good luck...
Jimmy
Jimise
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2013, 11:22:30 PM »

Cool, Thanks for the info!
I have these, They look almost the same
I think they are for 12 volt..
Thanks,
Jim.
here is a link that should work

http://www.ebay.com/itm/100-pcs-5mm-Blue-Round-LED-Lamps-Bulbs-6000mcd-100X-Resistors-for-DC12V-/261100682758?pt=US_Lighting_Parts_and_Accessories&hash=item3ccad03e06

...It has been awhile since I did it, but here is what I remember doing...hot glue the LED in place of the socket...Solder one side of the resistor to the anode of the LED and solder the other side to the +12vdc side of the socket
Connect the cathode of the LED to the switched side of the socket...(The cathode is commonly the shorter lead and located nearest any flat side of the LED.)
Good luck...
Jimmy

* bulbs.JPG (265.62 KB, 960x720 - viewed 295 times.)
Mr. Dinoman
Mr. Dinoman

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2013, 12:28:56 AM »

Those should work depending on the value of the resistors...I believe they should be 830 ohms or so....
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.