Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 07:33:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  SIGMA Reel Games.
| | |-+  Sigma B-50 B. Val error
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sigma B-50 B. Val error  (Read 4215 times)
pinballpaul
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 3

« on: October 27, 2009, 08:20:31 PM »

I've got a Sigma B-50 that when you power it it has shows B. Val (Bill Validator) error.  The machine does not have a bill villdator.  I've tried resetting it to no avail.
Jim
MIDWEST SLOTS
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 288

513-984-2201

« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2009, 01:43:21 PM »

you may try this,  get into the test mode (open door, press red button next to power on switch) advance to the bill acceptor message on the display and toggle the on to off.  See if this will cure the problem.

Jim

MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma.
pinballpaul

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2009, 01:40:31 PM »

It won't go into test mode.  I press the red button and nothing happens.  I replaced the battery, tried shorting out the test switch checked connections to the board and nothing.
Jim
MIDWEST SLOTS

513-984-2201

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2009, 02:10:15 PM »

To reset a error on these machines, there are three switches on the handle side of the machine, the one closest to the front of the machine is the reset, middle one is meters/lamps reading and the last is for game recall.  Is this the reset you tried?

these machines are very critical when it comes to the 5vdc.  If the power supply is down to 4.8 vdc the machine probably won't operate, but that usually means no display , and since you are getting an error displayed??  it doesn't hurt to check out all the voltages, the supply puts out four: +5,+12 -12 and + 24
I think you can measure all but the +24 on the door interface board. Does the green lite on the coin comp. come on?

Usually when you open the door you will hear a simulated bell ringing sound, you can toggle between the door open and closed by using the white push button on the left side of the machine.

Jim 

MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma.
pinballpaul

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2010, 04:57:37 PM »

The test button does not work,  I have continuity all the way to the cpu board. Unfortunately, the posted schematics don't show the cpu.  Does anyone know what the buffer (input) chip is?
Jim
MIDWEST SLOTS

513-984-2201

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2010, 12:25:21 AM »

Did this machine ever work??   did you try the reset on the side of the machine? any affect  ?  did you check the power supply voltages from the power supply??  If they are low, especially the +5vdc, your machine will not respond to anything you do!!!  if it gets below 4.7 vdc your toast .  sounds as if you are not talking to the mpu, regardless of the status of the bill acceptor you still should be able to reset something or see some other activity, if you do not see any thing happening then your power supply is probably out!  usually the only active thing that would go out on these machines.

Jim

pinballpaul

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2010, 07:47:01 PM »

The 5.0v power supply is fine.  I checked the voltage on the board.  The machine had been working, but when I got to it the battery was dead which i replaced.

Paul
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.