Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 25, 2024, 07:08:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  SIGMA Reel Games.
| | |-+  Sigma Double Cherries Problems - Please help
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sigma Double Cherries Problems - Please help  (Read 9048 times)
kmjm
« on: January 09, 2010, 04:24:48 PM »

Scratch Head  I have the Sigma Double Cherries slot machine I bought for my 80 year old mother who loves Vegas but unable to go. It will take coins and you can hit the start button, but since she hit the jackpot the max bet button and the 1 credit button are lit up but don't work.  I have reset and also have gone through the meter reset, after doing this numerous times it will finally start working again.  Anything I can do to fix this?
Randy0777
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 311

« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2010, 08:25:49 PM »

You say that you have it working again  Scratch Head ...So I dont understand the question  Crazy
kmjm
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2010, 10:50:11 PM »

It continues to do this, they continue playing by putting in coins and then all of the sudden we'll change to pushing the max credit buttons to play the credits, it will be lit up but it wont work.  It has a mind of it's own on when it wants to work and not work
Randy0777
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2010, 03:29:56 AM »

Not for sure which Double cherriers you have (1 line or 9 line). If you have more than 10 credits on the machine,will it let you play my hitting the max? ....is it a 1 line or 9?
kmjm
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2010, 12:37:59 PM »

It is a 1 line, nickel machine, and it doesn't matter if it has 3 or 30 or more credits, when it decides not to work on max credit, but will always work when you actually put the nickels in.  Thank you so very much for responding to this, I just don't understand why it worked fine before she hit the jackpot and now we have a problem with it.
Randy0777
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2010, 09:16:14 PM »

If you have X amount of credits on the game...can you use the "bet one" even if the max wont work?
kmjm
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2010, 11:43:06 PM »

No, 1 bet won't work either at that time and neither will pay out, even though it's lit up.
Randy0777
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2010, 08:02:28 PM »

How did you do the reset? Also, check the ribbon cable at the door and make sure its tight and look for cracks.
kmjm
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2010, 12:17:19 AM »

I checked the ribbon cable, it's tight and no visible cracks, as far as the reset - I turned the reset from off to on and then back, then I tried it the other way, then I did the same reset and turned it off with the reset on and then turned the machine back on, none of this made a difference.  Then I turned the reset button on and off, then I turned the meter to reset and hit the start button to take it completely through all cycles, and turned the reset key one more time and then after about 5 to 10  minutes it started working again.
slots4home
Slots 4 Home
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 352

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2010, 12:35:27 AM »

Is this a older sigma? like early 90'? they have a problem with the processing boards shutting off and on as they get warm after they cool they will work for awhile and repeat the problem. i was always told that they had some bad solder joints on the board that caused this problem.
I hope this may help you
Darell

Randy0777
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2010, 05:02:39 AM »

Hi Darell,yes,this is (I think) a SG50 . Which is from the 90's

Did you hold the reset button in and with the key turned at the same time than power the game up...as your holding it in and the key turned?
kmjm
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2010, 12:30:01 PM »

I'll try that re: holding in the reset button and turning it off and then back on, thank you again for all of your assistance.
Randy0777
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2010, 09:44:46 PM »

No...Hold the test button,and have the reset key turned and hold it that way as you power the machine on...and hold it like that for a few seconds. Than let go of the test,than the reset. If you do it right it will say turn the reset key twice.
Jim
MIDWEST SLOTS
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 288

513-984-2201

« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2010, 01:18:48 AM »

sounds as if you have a sticky switch! ( provided that the denomination lamp works)  the ground that lites that lamp is the same ground that provides a series circuit thru all the switches. the ground comes from pin 7 of CN-23 of the door distribution board,goes over to the common lead of the start switch,thru its normally closed contact  to the common of the bet max switch thru its N.C. contacts to the common contact of the bet 1 switch, thru its N.C.contacts to the common contact of the payout switch.  when any of the above are pushed the ground is placed on the Normally Open contact and applied to the circuit that will perform the action. So since the start switch works when you have a problem and nothing after it , then your problem is probably the normally closed contact of the start switch. must be gummy or a high resistance across that contact when any vibration is detected.
   When you are having the problem,open the door and pull out the white cherry switch located on the left side of machine (this allows you to play the game as if the door was closed) tap on the start switch and see if that doesn't solve your problem.
As for the resets, the three key switches on the handle side  are 1=closest to front ,tilt reset,jackpot reset, credit lockup,or a game program swap 2=meter lamps on to enable you to read the numbers,and to access various accounting meters. 3= last game recall. to do a reset, all is required is to turn the key switch one time from the 12 o'clock position to the three o'clock position and back to the 12 o'clock position
Good Luck
 Jim

MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma.
Randy0777
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2010, 02:30:27 AM »

Hi Jim,I was thinking the same thing,however,that was why I asked if the "bet 1" or "max" would play, And he said no,also the "cash out" would not work.
kmjm
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2010, 09:02:24 PM »

just wanted to say thank you for all of the help.  Machine is now working, sorry would have responded sooner but have been working out of state.  glad to be back and have mothers machine working again.
Randy0777
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2010, 08:30:13 AM »

Scratch Head Um,can you tell us what you did? It may help others in the future  Crazy
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.