Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 05:48:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  SIGMA Reel Games.
| | |-+  Lamp Comm Error on Sigma150 Free -n- Easy
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Lamp Comm Error on Sigma150 Free -n- Easy  (Read 7573 times)
tadornb
« on: February 09, 2010, 10:42:06 PM »

I have recently acquired a Sigma 150 Free and Easy machine that was working prior to transport.  When I fired it up again, there were 3 lights out on the top display and after the system startup and game loading, I got a P. Bet 2 Lamp comm error.  I have disconnected and reconnected all (entire machine at both ends) Ribbon cables and reset the machine with no improvement.  I left the Ribbon cable to the upper display unplugged and turned the machine back on and got the very same message. 

I attached pictures of the the mainboard and the display pcb.  I have additional pictures, just couldn't attach any more.

Can anyone help?  Ribbon cable?  Display PCB?  How do I fix the lights too, or is that actually the problem?  Also, if I have to replace the Ribbon Cable or some other parts, any idea where I can get parts?  I see that Sigma Game, Inc. no longer answers their tech support line as I think they were acquired around 2005 by some other company.

Thanks for your help!

Tony

* Sigma 150 Mainboard #2.JPG (819.82 KB, 2048x1536 - viewed 320 times.)

* Sigma 150 Display PCB.JPG (598.15 KB, 2048x1536 - viewed 284 times.)
fanninislots
Contributing Gold NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 86

« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2010, 11:14:19 PM »

Tony,

I have a good selection of parts for the sigma. The 4 pin connection at cn 14 is where the plug for the top box belongs. There is a plug for player tracking that looks just like the one that goes to the top box so you just reverse the connections to clear the lamp comm error.

Ben

StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2010, 07:27:02 AM »

I attached pictures of the the mainboard and the display pcb.  I have additional pictures, just couldn't attach any more.

Hi Tony, and welcome to NLG. wave

We had to impose a two attachment limit per post due to a bug in the forum software. If you need to post additional pictures, just make multiple posts. We are a friendly group and do not penalize members here for multiple postings when there is a logical reason for doing so.

Enjoy the forum.

StatFreak garfield
nlg  Global Moderator

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
tadornb
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2010, 04:24:00 PM »

Thanks Ben, I got it working.  You were on target with where the problem was, but it was just that I had to disconnect and reconnect that Display cable and then it cleared the error.  I will keep you contact information for when I need parts too.

I see the moderator said that I could post additional pictures, thank you. 

Thanks to both of you, I think I saw another old post with the same Lamp Comm Error and saw no indication of resolution, so just in case someone else has the same error, I am posting what resolved the error for me.

Thanks again!

Tony
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2010, 04:32:07 PM »

That's great tony! applause
It would definitely help other members in the
future should they run into this problem. yes
Helping each other out here is what this site's all about!
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2010, 11:31:34 PM »

Agree with Post
I gave you a K+ Tony. propeller

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
Randy0777
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 311

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2010, 08:22:22 AM »

So did I Smiley
 Agree with Post
I gave you a K+ Tony. propeller
Goldfinger
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 31

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2010, 02:09:25 PM »

Welcome to the list Tony, did you get all 4 of your machines set up?, and did your other 2 come in? there is a spot for pics of home game rooms you can post pics of yours when you get things setup if you like,
welcome
Goldfinger

If it's to big to fit, just get a bigger hammer
tadornb
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2010, 06:37:38 AM »

I got all six of them to the house and have 4 of them working.  I am having a Problem with the Double Double Diamond (IGT S+) that I am still researching (Top Candle light flashes and coins just fall through, but the machine door is closed and latched) and the 5 times pay IGT slant top keeps throwing 3200 errors and hanging up.  The poker machine blew the monitor, but it came with a spare, so that is running now too...I'll have to research getting that monitor fixed if it is worth it.

I have them all into the Bonus Room, but the room is not set yet, but once it is, I'll post some pictures.

Thanks for asking!

Tony
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2010, 12:21:56 PM »

I'd swap out the door optics on the S+ and
check everything on the hopper and coin elevator for the slant.
3200 means "coin jam" somewhere along the coin trail.
tadornb
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2010, 04:45:49 AM »

Thanks for the information.  I pulled the hopper out of the Slant Top and found that 2 coins had become jammed in the housing, so that fixed the 3200 error.  It's running now, but the coin acceptance is a bit spotty.  It takes a few times with each coin, but it does eventually accept them and does play.

I think that Goldfinger identified the problem on the S+ Double Diamond because he noticed that it is showing an error code 12 at startup, so I will take a look at the battery and hopefully that will be it. 

Thanks again!

Tony
tadornb
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2010, 04:48:13 AM »

Back to the original issue in this post.  I got the Lamp Comm Error on the Sigma 150 to clear, but it has come back again.  Ben, if you are out there, any idea what I need to do to keep this from coming back?  I will try swapping the two connections that you previously told me about to clear the error again, but if I can fix it permanently, I'd like to get there.

Thanks!

Tony
fanninislots
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 86

« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2010, 02:51:58 PM »

I would check the connections onthe green board in the top box.

Ben

stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2010, 05:11:05 PM »

I'd turn the little dial on the coin mech all the way
counter clockwise then clockwise to the right a 1/4 turn.
It might take your coins more readily.
Blow out the dust and paper out the coin-in optics...
make sure nothing blocking the optic holes.
Might be time for a new coin comparator board.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.