Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 25, 2024, 04:34:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  SIGMA Reel Games.
| | |-+  Bill validator for a Sigma 300.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bill validator for a Sigma 300.  (Read 9217 times)
89chevyman
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 37

IMG_20120624_210335.jpg

« on: October 09, 2010, 01:52:26 AM »

I need to know if there is anything I should look for in buying a JCM WBA 13SS unit? Will this model/unit work in my Sigma game? The picture the guy is showing has a bill bezel that screws into the bottom, but does not look like the one in the Sigma manual. Are there different bezels that work on the same validator?
Randy0777
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 311

« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2010, 02:53:18 AM »

Scratch Head I can't think of the flash that needs to be on the Sigma 300. But,the duckbill is special . Do you need the whole unit? Or just the head,and bezel?
89chevyman
Contributing NLG Member

IMG_20120624_210335.jpg

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2010, 05:54:03 AM »

The machine(s) previously had bill validators, so all the wiring & housing is there. Need the transport, head unit & duckbill. These are projects I'm trying to get running. So far just hitting walls i.e. bad boards(?), weird error codes (sometimes- when I can get a board to respond)   Duh! It has just been one thing after another. BUT, I am determined to get these things up & running. Hopefully I can get some much needed help from the gang here. Help
Randy0777
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2010, 03:00:24 PM »

From the main board, you should have a cable that plugs in to a small board that is mounted under your cash can. Then a cable from it to the BV.
Once you turn off the battery check,and the BV ...What errors are you getting? And which game is it? Most of the 300's has the cable to the top box for the tunnels ,wheel, and some have the LED's in the top so you can bet X amount per line. So,if you say an error,make sure you say which game it is.Also,check the cable that goes to the back of the transport. They have two diff. ones ,so you may have to switch that for a 13 if it had a 11 in it
89chevyman
Contributing NLG Member

IMG_20120624_210335.jpg

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2010, 02:39:31 AM »

Here's what I've got so far. I have a Sigma 300 Bonus Jackpot 3 coin Treasure Tunnel w/o bill acceptor. When I install a good (borrowed working board) everything works as it should. The other machine/game I have is  a Sigma 300 Wild 7s Treasure Wheel Free n Easy w/o bill acceptor. When I install the good board on this game, I get a real weird alert/error " Meter Wires Disconnected Call Attendant". I have looked all over, traced wires, looking for a break or short or even a disconnected cable. Now I'm not sure which meter the error is referring to. I assume that it is the meter for play/coins/payouts. I also checked the board on the door, everything looks fine. In addition the #2 & # 3 reel continues to spin while displaying this error message. I want to get the games complete, but if there is going to be major cost maybe I should just disregard these games for now. I need at least two JCM WBA 13SS validators & MC 40 12v coin comparators. Anybody have ANY of these parts please let me know. I usually deal with IGTs (for good reason), but felt a challenge in getting these games running, beside they are kinda cool/different.  Thanks, Chris
Randy0777
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2010, 06:00:37 AM »

Hi Chris,
Lets start with the Treasure Tunnel (TT). What does the board that you have in do?...What errors?
The Wild 7's was one of my favorites of the reel Sigmas' Did you turn off the meter check? This would get rid of that error. Yes,it is talking about the coins in,out,won,etc. We do not need it for home use really. Any type of error ,the reels will spin...It's trying to correct the error, as it says "game loading". If I had a choice(and I do) the Sigmas' are more fun to play than the IGT S+,however,as far as maintenance...have to go with IGT S+ . Three of my first five games were S+,and I still have them. I had thirteen Sigma's (150,300,they are the same except the BV) and got rid of all of them  yes.

The main thing I learned with the Sigmas is have a good surge protector (not just a power strip ),and do not plug something like a vacuum,hair dryer,etc in to the same circuit while they are on.
I know Ben had some of the boards,and John had all of the stuff for the BV. When I got rid of mine, I gave him all the spare parts I could find. I'll look and see if I have anything,and will send you a P.M
89chevyman
Contributing NLG Member

IMG_20120624_210335.jpg

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2010, 09:24:27 AM »

Hey Randy,
  Yeah Ben is helping me with the board situation (got the machines form him). The boards I have are all dead. Tried everything to revive them, but got nothing. Few hard things to find are the coin comparitors,  BVs,  $.25 denom chips & (of course)boards. Working with John (Rudys) to try & get the parts I need. Also trying to get the metal trays for the boards (particleboard just does not cut it for taking the boards in and out). It would be much appreciated if you do have any spare parts, I thank you in advance for looking. The reason I went with the project(s) is that, I agree, these games are more fun than S+ games. Gotta get to work, talk with you later, thanks again.
Chris     
Randy0777
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2010, 09:41:33 AM »

That is one of the things I forgot to give to the guy... The 25 C chips. I have all kinds of them . 5 for one quarter,1 for a nickle,4 for a dollar,1 for a quarter,on and on. I'll find them .
89chevyman
Contributing NLG Member

IMG_20120624_210335.jpg

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2010, 09:57:56 PM »

Hey Randy, I take it that I need to turn off the dip switch for the meter check, would that be #10 on switch 2? Scratch Head That would be great if you find those denom chips, would be definitely interested in the .05 and/or the quarter ones. applause Being that I don't have a bill acceptor, as of yet, I'd rather use nickels or quarters to build up credits. That's also based as to when I get the comparators and my own boards for the games anytime soon. It's a slow process, but I will get these parts yes K+,K+,K+ to you for your help, thanks again Hail.
Chris
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2010, 11:31:25 PM »

... That would be great if you find those denom chips, would be definitely interested in the .05 and/or the quarter ones. applause Being that I don't have a bill acceptor, as of yet, I'd rather use nickels or quarters to build up credits. That's also based as to when I get the comparators and my own boards for the games anytime soon.

You don't need the chips to use nickels or quarters in the comparitor. The chips set the machine's accounting denomination and the credit value for the bill validator. That's the only way the machine knows how many credits to give for each dollar inserted.

But a coin is a coin. The machine doesn't know the difference or care. You just need the right sized components through the coin path (head/comparitor/optics/hopper) and a matching coin in the comparitor.

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
89chevyman
Contributing NLG Member

IMG_20120624_210335.jpg

« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2010, 12:42:19 AM »

I understand now, denom chips are not needed on the board for everything to function-unless I'm using a BV. I knew the part about the coin in the comparator, just thought there was some connection to the functionality of the board and the chip with the operation of the machine.  I'm fairly new to the "Slot Hobby" and just don't know a lot about how everything works in connection to each other, but I am learning. It's kind of learn as you go. Thanks to all the folks like you, Ben and all the other members here at NLG, I have the best source for getting answers to slot questions and feeling like it's family. I appreciate it. This "hobby" just kinda crept up on me. I thought "I'll just get this one machine", next thing you know...........there's 10 machines in my garage Duh! So I take it, eventually, I'll need the chips when, and if, I get BVs for them, correct? Thanks, Chris.
StatFreak

« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2010, 01:37:24 AM »

...This "hobby" just kinda crept up on me. I thought "I'll just get this one machine", next thing you know...........there's 10 machines in my garage Duh! So I take it, eventually, I'll need the chips when, and if, I get BVs for them, correct? Thanks, Chris.

Cry Laughing Cry Laughing Cry Laughing Cry Laughing Slots are like potato chips. You can't own just one. It looks likes you're nominated for membership in Rick's SMAA. It stands for Slot Machine Addicts Association. (We started out as Slot Machine Addicts Anonymous, but no one around here is hiding. Crazy rotflmao)

Yes, you'll need the chips WHEN (probably not "if") you get the DBVs. yes

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
89chevyman
Contributing NLG Member

IMG_20120624_210335.jpg

« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2010, 02:37:37 AM »

rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao At the rate Jim & I are going, you might as well call us  "Fritolay", "Betcha can't own just one?" Addicted..........maybe.       Intoxicated...............depends on which game and how much. cheers Cause you have to had temporarily lost control of your senses (pocketbook)to continue looking for, and buying, more games than you have room for Cry Laughing Cry Laughing         Why, oh why , didn't somebody warn us frying pan frying pan 
Randy0777
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2010, 11:07:08 AM »

Hi Chris, I'll look for them. Here is a board and tray on Ebay  http://cgi.ebay.com/Sigma-Slot-Machine-MPU-Circuit-Board-SG88M-2-REV-B-1-/230535465794?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35acfc0b42

Hi Stat, the Sigma's are different. Like one of my denom. chips is for a nickle,but the machine uses quarters. If you put in one coin,it will give you five credits,1 dollar will give you 20. If you cashed out .80 cents you would get 3 quarters and have to play the nickle that is left over. I have .25C chips that are 1 coin ,one credit. Than other .25C chips that only takes 1$ coins...One coin,four credits
StatFreak

« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2010, 11:30:55 PM »

Hi Stat, the Sigma's are different. Like one of my denom. chips is for a nickle,but the machine uses quarters. If you put in one coin,it will give you five credits,1 dollar will give you 20. If you cashed out .80 cents you would get 3 quarters and have to play the nickle that is left over. I have .25C chips that are 1 coin ,one credit. Than other .25C chips that only takes 1$ coins...One coin,four credits

That's tokenization. IGTs can be tokenized as well. It still has no bearing on the coin used. You could change your coin path to accept quarters, and if you left the software alone it would still give you 5 credits for each coin.

It does sound like Chris would still need one of those chips, even with no validator installed, if he wanted to change the tokenized value of the coins, unless the tokenization can be changed without them (unlikely for security reasons.)

Jimise
Don't pick it up by the candle!
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 75

« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2010, 11:39:30 PM »

Yeah, What Chris said!!   You can't buy just one!!   And as you well know Chris, This is YOUR fault!!  Cry Laughing   Cry Laughing   Cry Laughing   Cry Laughing   Tongue Out    Crazy    
rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao At the rate Jim & I are going, you might as well call us  "Fritolay", "Betcha can't own just one?" Addicted..........maybe.       Intoxicated...............depends on which game and how much. cheers Cause you have to had temporarily lost control of your senses (pocketbook)to continue looking for, and buying, more games than you have room for Cry Laughing Cry Laughing         Why, oh why , didn't somebody warn us frying pan frying pan  
« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 12:40:41 AM by jimise » Logged
Randy0777
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2010, 03:20:00 AM »

Right  Crazy I can't recall the two diff. Coin com. that they use off hand. One for the large coins,and one for 25C or less... Which both can be used,just change or remove the weight. He can use any coin (minus the head and hopper). But the only way you can change the Sigma's is with the chip.
madwookie
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2012, 03:32:03 PM »

I have a sigma free and easy.  The bill validator will take in money but it will not register credits to the machine.  It is a $1 machine.  Everything is working but i cant get the validator to registor the credits.  Any suggestions?
SLOTMAN
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 34

« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2012, 05:47:52 PM »

Hijack Hijack Hijack Hijack Hijack Hijack Hijack Hijack Hijack
Randy0777
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2012, 06:18:41 PM »

Do you have the small green board under the cash can container. Look under the whole unit. Is the ribbon cable going to the board from it ? Does it take coins? Did u turn the reset key and check the settings ?
madwookie
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2012, 09:09:13 PM »

yes, yes,yes,yes.  when i turn the key it says bill val error call attendant.  i shut door it goes away cycles then does the same thing when i put money in it.  could it be the bill head is going bad?
Randy0777
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2012, 10:51:42 PM »

Did it ever work for you ? Been awhile since played with the sigma 150/300.... Same main board. Is the lights on the small board  under the cash can  on or blinking ? Did the transport and head come with it... Back to if it ever worked  yes
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.