Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 07:32:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  SIGMA Reel Games.
| | |-+  SG32 with issues
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: SG32 with issues  (Read 2923 times)
wrightdav
« on: October 26, 2010, 12:28:30 PM »

I have a SG32 single line machine that acts like it has a battery issue.  I turn it on, it takes maybe 15 seconds before the reels engage and the initial start-up sequence is complete.  All of the other lights are on and stay lit the whole time the machine is on.  I am then able to play a for several spins before it stops responding.  I am unable to get it into test mode.  About ever 15 seconds after the machine stops responding it will light up again with the insert coin and tilt lights as well as the credits block on the display.  I will also give me the door open audio warning.  This will stay lit for maybe 3-5 seconds and it repeats the sequence.  Is this a battery problem?  I thought I read on here some where that someone else had a similar problem.  I looked back and could not find the post.  I have several machines, one known good I wanted to check before I go switching out batteries.  Thanks in advance.

DW 
Jim
MIDWEST SLOTS
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 288

513-984-2201

« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2010, 01:06:16 PM »

I would look at the power supply first. what you describe is a power up sequence,which the way you described it was normal. the fluorescent lamps will be on when this happens. the power supply is located behind the reels on some models, and behind the hopper on others. Its usually the +5vdc that drops down to 4.8vdc.  you  can usually measure these voltages on the door interface board. the other voltage is 12vdc, and I think 24 vdc.  there is an adjustment and sometimes you can get it to work for a brief time. but it will fail within a few days.   

Jim

MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma.
wrightdav
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2010, 01:37:27 PM »

Jim, you were correct it was the power supply, I swapped them out and have steady power. 

Now on the the next problem.  The machine lights up and will play by inserting coins and pulling the lever.  It counts credits but will not pay out.  None of the bet 1, spin, max bet or payout buttons work.  The call for assistance button works, but every time I press it no one shows up? hissy fit  Could it be that I'm the only one in the garage?  I am unable to reset the credits with the key or reset switch.  I tried jumpering the hopper to payout the credits with a toggle switch but I just get a runaway hopper, and that sob is tough to catch.  Any ideas why none of the buttons are working?  I swapped out the door distribution board with another, however now that I think about it the board I replaced it with was not a known good either.  Could this be the problem or am I missing something?  Thanks again.

DW
Jim
MIDWEST SLOTS

513-984-2201

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2010, 03:41:42 PM »

In your first post you indicated that one of you machines was good. Put the suspect board in the good machine and see if all the switch functions work. If they do then you have something wrong in the cabinet wiring or ?.  you can't reset the credits , the reset switch for that machine will only reset tilts.  that machine does have a diagnostic test in it. there should be a red test button next to the on /off switch, when you press it you can go through the tests and test all features of the machine, switches and hopper included. I would ask if someone had a manual for that machine it has a wiring diagram on the back page that would help you solve your switch issue, and it explains all the questions you have.

Jim

MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma.
Jim
MIDWEST SLOTS

513-984-2201

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2010, 04:28:42 PM »

cn25 on the main logic board accepts and provides  signals to the switches, and the denomination lamp. the ground from pin 7 provides the ground to the  light  and to the change switch and to a series circuit through the switches.  the ground goes first to the common post of the start switch,then from the NC post of the start switch to the common post of the bet max switch, from the NC post of the bet max switch to the common post  of the bet one switch, form the NC post of the bet one switch to the common post of the payout switch. that is the end of the series circuit.

Jim 

wrightdav
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2010, 04:59:19 PM »

Thanks for the info, will give it another go this evening.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.