Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 02, 2024, 02:26:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Reel Games. (Moderator: a69mopar)
| | |-+  FINAL ATTEMPT to save my Bally Alpha!
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: FINAL ATTEMPT to save my Bally Alpha!  (Read 11783 times)
FORDSBS
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 363

PET

« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2011, 01:29:03 PM »

Did you get into this that Jim said
Correction on what I said above....meant to say go to Diagnostic > then Game > Calibrate reels

slotsx2
JR
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: -37

« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2011, 01:33:19 PM »

i can calibrate reels all day, doesnt help.

WGAS!
FORDSBS
Contributing NLG Member

PET

« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2011, 01:37:16 PM »

That sucks. I was hoping that would do it.
I keep thinking from what you said in the beginning what started it that it
would be nothing big.
HANG IN THERE, WISH YOU THE BEST. I wish I knew something to help you.
Ford
slotsx2
JR
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2011, 01:43:42 PM »

When you calibrate the reels, do you get all the same letters across all 3 rows?

BBB BBB BBB
AAA AAA AAA
EEE EEE EEE

Or do you get like I get?

BBB BBB BBB
AAA AAA AAA
EEE GGG EEE

WGAS!
cowboygames
Abbys Dad
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2011, 01:45:08 PM »

Are the stepper motors on the backlit reels the same as on the non-backlit? I've swapped a lot of S2000 motors around before to fix bad reels without having to replace the whole assembly. You may have a bad or dirty optic on the reels also. Of course, I don't remember if Bally uses those or not
FORDSBS
Contributing NLG Member

PET

« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2011, 01:47:48 PM »

When you calibrate the reels, do you get all the same letters across all 3 rows?

BBB BBB BBB
AAA AAA AAA
EEE EEE EEE

Or do you get like I get?

BBB BBB BBB
AAA AAA AAA
EEE GGG EEE

don't know
slotsx2
JR
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2011, 01:53:55 PM »

After looking at those letters and the reel strips again, that is correct. The top row has all bars,
the middle row has all blanks and the bottom row has a money bag a seven and a money bag.

NORMAL!

WGAS!
slotsx2
JR
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2011, 01:56:20 PM »

Yes cowboy, they are the same stepper motors.
I already swapped a motor off the backlit reels, same thing, no change.

WGAS!
staz
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 156

« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2011, 04:59:56 PM »

where you buy this alpha from ? cant you swap it out...... any warrenty came with it? did you just get it?

i really think as years go on and the next generation machines fall into our hands like the alphas and avp's its def gonna be harder for us to work on them unless your a prof tech............ nothing beats working on a old s plus..... Cry Laughing...........
« Last Edit: November 12, 2011, 05:05:32 PM by staz » Logged
slotsx2
JR
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #34 on: November 12, 2011, 05:13:46 PM »

Got it like 6 months ago. The reels always grunted, but it ran good till lately.
Got it from a friend, not his fault.

WGAS!
staz
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 156

« Reply #35 on: November 12, 2011, 05:26:02 PM »

i def feel what your going through im going through the same thing with my s2k......its a night lamp right now lol...... till i get a harness  and a reel motor for my topbox..... hoping that solves my reel 5 tilt.....
slotsx2
JR
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #36 on: November 12, 2011, 05:41:37 PM »

Definately money pits!!

WGAS!
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #37 on: November 13, 2011, 01:47:24 AM »

i really think as years go on and the next generation machines fall into our hands like the alphas and avp's its def gonna be harder for us to work on them unless your a prof tech............ nothing beats working on a old s plus..... Cry Laughing...........

It's not so much that the newer machines are harder to work on, but that being ahead of the curve makes it so. Foster was one of the first members to buy an S2000, and he and the few others that had them had a lot of problems because there simply wasn't a pool of knowledge to draw from or many parts available. Now he's an expert and everyone has access to more info and parts than they need for that platform.

The Alpha and AVP are the newest kids on the home ownership block and the early birds are going to go through the same growing pains as others did on previous platforms. The price of the machines will also drop over the next few years as the machines flood the secondary market, so later purchasers will pay much less and have access to abundant parts and knowledge.

That is the cost of being the first person on the block to have a new toy. The rewards are being the first person on the block to have the new toy and having an opportunity to become one of the first experts on the platform.

Stat garfield

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
FORDSBS
Contributing NLG Member

PET

« Reply #38 on: November 13, 2011, 01:53:08 AM »

It's not so much that the newer machines are harder to work on, but that being ahead of the curve makes it so. Foster was one of the first members to buy an S2000, and he and the few others that had them had a lot of problems because there simply wasn't a pool of knowledge to draw from or many parts available. Now he's an expert and everyone has access to more info and parts than they need for that platform.

The Alpha and AVP are the newest kids on the home ownership block and the early birds are going to go through the same growing pains as others did on previous platforms. The price of the machines will also drop over the next few years as the machines flood the secondary market, so later purchasers will pay much less and have access to abundant parts and knowledge.

That is the cost of being the first person on the block to have a new toy. The rewards are being the first person on the block to have the new toy and having an opportunity to become one of the first experts on the platform.

Stat garfield

Agree with Post  That is so true

Moderator: I fixed the quote box for you. SF garfield
« Last Edit: November 13, 2011, 04:11:05 AM by StatFreak » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.