Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 10:28:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S2000 and Vision Games.
| | |-+  Converting a 3 reel s2000 to a 5 reel s2000 led
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Converting a 3 reel s2000 to a 5 reel s2000 led  (Read 9535 times)
RICKF
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 2

« on: September 12, 2012, 02:36:45 AM »

HI

I have a new project.  To convert a s2000 3 reel machine to a 5 reel machine.  So far I have picked up a igt s2000 led Button deck w/harness and a 9 line credit display.

I know I need a 5 reel deck with harness.  But is there anything else i need besides a 5 reel backlit controller card?

Thanks

RICKF
CVslots
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 432

« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2012, 12:35:18 PM »

The 5 reelers use different I/O cards (or at least I'm pretty sure they do, I'm still  coffee coffee so not at 100% brain function yet).

You may want to check out some game kits, or even buy one if there's one in particular you are interested in. The reason is there are 2 reel widths (2.25" and 2.5" approx). I know there are a few games that were made with both size strips, but not all were. Most are 2.25" I believe. I just don't want you to be limited in choosing a game, as 5 reel kits are not all that plentiful.  We have a few right now, and it seems they are always the opposite size strips/reels than what we want them to be.

Roslyn

cowboygames
Abbys Dad

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2012, 12:47:11 PM »

Cvslots is correct, you'll need to make sure your game kit fits your reels. Older games used narrower strips while newer games were wider, but generally used LED backlit reels. I did once take a set apart and narrow the reels for a Cleopatra game though. As far as the IO cards on the door, the 5 button deck uses a single 7801 card while the 10 button deck uses a pair of 7802 cards. Make sure you get a complete kit for this part of the conversion
CVslots

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2012, 01:01:26 PM »

Thanks for confirming Cowboy. I ID the I/O cards by the plastic guard they have over the board, but didn't know the numbers without going downstairs and looking. 

Why in the heck would IGT would make the same game in 2 sizes??? Seems ridiculous, but I know Triple Butterfly 7s is available in both sizes.  Learned that one the hard way...Was it just for LED? A later production run? I think I have some wide reels that are not LED? I could be wrong though, but I just swapped kits in it, and I'm pretty sure they were incandescent.  Scratch Head Scratch Head I may have to check again or have another  coffee .

Roslyn

cowboygames
Abbys Dad

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2012, 01:40:19 PM »

"Generally" LED, not always. The narrow ones u   se a board with LED displays to the right of the reels to indicate lines played and coins per line. The wide ones are generally found on games with bonus features and video screens so lines played is displayed different and so is coins per line. Are there exceptions? Probably and we'll maybe here about them as more people read this post, but the general rules still hold true
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2012, 02:04:16 PM »

I have a Mata Hari 5 reel, 10 button deck that uses both IO's 7801 and 7802. Also have a Triple Dollar 3 reel 10 button that uses two 7802 IO's.  I won't bet the farm on this statement but I think the reason the Triple Dollar has (2) 7802 is because it also has a 9 line display in the reel glass.

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
RICKF
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 2

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2012, 02:44:52 PM »

I have seen some Door/Cabinet I/I cards being marketed as enhanced!  They don't give a product number.  Iam a little leary about getting them without knowing if they would be the correct ones or not.

Any idea's on the if they are.

Thanks

RickF
CVslots

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2012, 04:17:56 PM »

I don't think there the same, so hold off buying those. I know the ones you're talking about, as I have them as well. I can check to be sure, but 99% sure they are not the ones you need.

rickhunter
SMAA Founder and Chairman

Total Karma Storms: 226

I Void Warranties

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2013, 02:02:17 AM »

Revisiting this thread.  If you want to convert from 5 reel to 3 reel with just the 5 button player panel, do I have to remove the 7802's and put a single 7801, or can I just leave both 7802's on the machine? Come to think of it, I don't see the 7801 or the 7802 number on any of my I/O cards.  I have 3, two on the door and 1 next to the mpu board tray.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 02:11:59 AM by rickhunter » Logged

A slot collector is like a coin hopper in a machine that never pays out.  they just keep on accumulating assets.
cowboygames
Abbys Dad

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2013, 02:19:58 AM »

Look on the circuit board for the number, not the metal case it's screwed to. For a five button setup you'll need a complete player panel with harness all the way back to the motherboard and a 7801 IO card. You can try the 7802, but no guarantees
rickhunter

I Void Warranties

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2013, 02:29:11 AM »

So my machine right now has a pair of 7802's  It's a 5 reel machine.  Where does the 7801 go, on the outside part of the door or the inside part of the door?

A slot collector is like a coin hopper in a machine that never pays out.  they just keep on accumulating assets.
cowboygames
Abbys Dad

« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2013, 03:05:49 AM »

Your new button deck harness should come with a plug and maybe holder for the IO card. Holders are the same for both types so it's not critical. If there are any dealer/members near where you live it would be less frustrating and much easier to swap complete doors. Depends on price and ability I suppose
rickhunter

I Void Warranties

« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2013, 12:50:55 PM »

This morning I took a closer look.  I have a 7801 controlling the LED 9 payline indicator (the ones that says how many coins bet per line), and a 7802 running the button panel.  I am assuming I would replace the 7802 with another 7801 to drive the 5 button  player panel and just leave the 7801 driving the payline indicator, or just remove that one altogether.

cowboygames
Abbys Dad

« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2013, 04:45:19 PM »

If you convert from 5 reel to 3 reel isn't your 9 line display coin bye bye? Or does your 3 reel game use that? The 3 reel,5button decks I've seen only play up to 5 lines, 1 coin per line and only use 1 IO card
rickhunter

I Void Warranties

« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2013, 05:13:15 PM »

For most games, the display will go away, but I have seen 3 reel 9 line titles with multiple coins per line bet.

* item_216_full_image.jpg (21.33 KB, 220x294 - viewed 373 times.)

cowboygames
Abbys Dad

« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2013, 05:39:36 PM »

But those all have a 10 button deck. If you're converting to a 5 button then that display goes and the new door wiring harness uses just one IO card. If the game pictured or a similar setup may be in your future then save all your old equipment for the change
Neonkiss

Total Karma Storms: 436

« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2013, 09:56:25 PM »

Rick, In your example picture, you would keep the harness, button deck and the three I/O cards. Just need to change the glass and SB chip

Nothing brings people together better than a common enemy
343 / 60 brothers lost on that day.
cowboygames
Abbys Dad

« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2013, 10:17:52 PM »

Neon, he stated in his first post that the 3 reel he is converting to uses a five button deck, so he's gonna have to change the whole panel
Neonkiss

« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2013, 10:39:31 PM »

OK cowboy, I was just going by the picture posted.
Speaking of the picture posted, it there something wrong with the photo?
I checked my SB files and only see that game in a 2CM and 3CM. That would not explain the 9 line glass?  Scratch Head
I do see a three reel 9 line theme game, but it has a bonus reel.
I'm looking at the top award and does it show 4 symbols? Too small for me to read.
Or is the award glass for a 5 line?

Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2013, 11:06:14 PM »

Triple Double Stars    3R 9L 45C   SB100955
                             3R 9L 90C  SB100956
                             3R 9L 180C SB100957
                             3R 9L 9C    SB101025

Neonkiss

« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2013, 11:20:39 PM »

Thanks Buzz,
My list was missing all of those. I'll update them now.

cowboygames
Abbys Dad

« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2013, 11:28:06 PM »

No biggie Neon, he was just responding to my post about there not being any 9 line 3 reel themes. I should have clarified about a 5 button deck. I think most of their popular themes came out eventually in penny slots with 10 button decks and 9 or more lines
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2013, 11:30:39 PM »

Neon  I' m sure you already know this but those SBs also go into a     Triple Double Butterfly 7s
                                                                                              Triple Double Lucky 7s
                                                                                              Triple Double Red Hot 7s

Neonkiss

« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2013, 11:36:05 PM »

Neon  I' m sure you already know this but those SBs also go into a     Triple Double Butterfly 7s
                                                                                              Triple Double Lucky 7s
                                                                                              Triple Double Red Hot 7s

I did know they were clone games.
My list either had those SB number blank or skipped them all together.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.