Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 08:24:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S2000 and Vision Games.
| | |-+  IGT S2000 Bill Valadator
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: IGT S2000 Bill Valadator  (Read 25778 times)
CVslots
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 432

« Reply #50 on: August 23, 2013, 06:30:59 PM »

To be safe, check your Bill limit and your Credit Limit, menu 3.1.4. You should be able to see them without a Key Chip (if I remember right). Then double check menu 3.3.1 disable/enable Bill Acceptor. If these are limits you set yourself, they are wiped out after each clear.

After this, I suggest you send your BV to someone to test. It's not looking like its your BV since your on your second one, with same results (but I can't remember what was up with your first one).

We'll test your BV if you want to send it to us. Priority Mail Flat Rate box is $11-12, or send if Parcel if your not in a hurry. PM or email us if you want go that route.

Roz

jacker
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 10

« Reply #51 on: August 23, 2013, 09:19:54 PM »

Limits: Hopper 100000, credit 5000, Jackpot 5000, BILL 3000.  in 3.3.1 BL is enabled.
Both the old BV and the one I just bought does the same thing. Where I bought the latest one, they say it has been tested from (discountslots)
Way, way back in the beginning, the old BV started to accept a bill then quit for good. Before I send it in, do you think the motherboard could be bad? I do have a spair.???
CVslots

« Reply #52 on: August 24, 2013, 12:41:59 AM »

Anythings possible (well, maybe not, but that's the saying).  Scratch Head  Others have suggested it could be the motherboard. Since you have one, I'd swap it out, if nothing else, just to eliminate it. It really doesn't sound like your BV (transport or head) itself...

Question: Do you remember if, after the clear and key, the BV was enabled when you went into the menu or did YOU enable it? I know (at least on other IGT machines, dont know for certain on an S2000), you can enable a BV even if the machine doesn't think ones present. If NetPlex config isn't picking it up, but you are enabling it afterwards, we may have a communication error (I.e. missing harness).

What harnesses are coming out of the back of BV and housing? Do you have the little guy with red and white/black and white wires (BV harness)?

For the record, this is out of my comfort zone here, but this problems been going on for weeks.... Help Help

Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #53 on: August 24, 2013, 01:41:08 AM »

I posted this within the last year so lets see how much I remember of it.

If you went to Net Plex Auto Config and had a BAD BV, ( it would have displayed on the VFD " BV Not Responding " after you replace the bad one for a good one you MUST go back and redo ( is redo a word  Scratch Head Scratch Head ) Net Plex Auto Config.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 04:31:01 PM by Buzz » Logged

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
jacker
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #54 on: August 24, 2013, 02:19:34 PM »

There is a 3 wire male coming out of the BV. Colors are gray, blue and violet. It is NOT plugged to anything.
Connected is a black and white to a yellow and black.
Connected is a red and black wire connected to red and black.
The 6 position white switch has "nothing" attached to it.
There is two wires with female spades that would attach to the white switch. the colors are black and green. Could this possibly be the problem?

* DSCF5010.JPG (679.19 KB, 2048x1536 - viewed 208 times.)

* DSCF5011.JPG (664.55 KB, 2048x1536 - viewed 190 times.)
jacker
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #55 on: August 24, 2013, 02:50:29 PM »

There is one more connector with 7 wires that is NOT connected. It is hanging off the back wall. Here is a picture of it. Thanks

* DSCF5012.JPG (661.51 KB, 2048x1536 - viewed 225 times.)
CVslots

« Reply #56 on: August 24, 2013, 03:01:37 PM »

Sorry jacker, I was off on my colors maybe. Maybe I was thinking optics colors instead of BV harness. Anyway, let me stick my head inside a game today and take some pics for you, or see what's supposed to be where. I can remember numbers and stupid details like Rainman, but I do not have a photographic memory when it comes to physical things.  frying pan frying pan

And Buzz is right. Buzz discovered that while testing BVs, once you get a bad one, the NetPlex AutoConfig will not detect the next one, even if its good. I remember that only so I can remind Darrell when he's testing BVs and hits a run of bad ones (or thinks he has).

jacker
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #57 on: August 28, 2013, 12:16:59 AM »

cvslots did you ever get the photos?
CVslots

« Reply #58 on: August 28, 2013, 02:44:13 PM »

Yah, what's an email I can send to?

jacker
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #59 on: August 28, 2013, 05:43:06 PM »

Memwir@yahoo.com

Thank You
CVslots

« Reply #60 on: August 28, 2013, 06:24:16 PM »

Ok, pics sent.

The plug with the blue and purple/white wires is supposed to be empty.

jacker
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #61 on: August 29, 2013, 10:34:26 AM »

All wiring looks to be correct, at least to the pictures you sent me. I guess I will re-keychip this machine and go thru the netplex auto config. and the BV set up again. Picture 5011 above shows a 6 pin switch located on the back of the cash can housing. It is empty (nothing plugged into it) Think that is correct? Anybody have any other ideas, before I re-key this machine one last time ?
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #62 on: August 29, 2013, 12:26:07 PM »

NO need for a key chip for auto config.

jacker
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #63 on: September 02, 2013, 06:04:04 PM »

CVSLOTS .... Have went back through everything I have done to date. Still not accepting bills. I did change the bezel board out and now I have lights there!. I have enclosed  the face of the Insert bill. When powering up the machine,  the center bottom lights up BLUE. It is the medic truck with the "red cross on it. After the BV initializes, that blue light goes away and a red light appears on the top row over the $5 then All other lights show to be yellow. Could the BV be stuck on $5's.
You offered to check this BV. Where can I send it. How do you want it sent? UPS USPS ?  Thanks

* DSCF5018.JPG (442.61 KB, 2048x1536 - viewed 181 times.)
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #64 on: September 02, 2013, 06:49:31 PM »

After the BV initializes, that blue light goes away and a red light appears on the top row over the $5 then All other lights show to be yellow. Could the BV be stuck on $5's.

What that means is a Five dollar bill was the last  bill excepted by the machine. If the truck isn't lit up, the BV is ready to except money. I'm sure if you will look at the limit setting you will find your problem.

CVslots

« Reply #65 on: September 02, 2013, 07:27:04 PM »

CVSLOTS .... Have went back through everything I have done to date. Still not accepting bills. I did change the bezel board out and now I have lights there!. I have enclosed  the face of the Insert bill. When powering up the machine,  the center bottom lights up BLUE. It is the medic truck with the "red cross on it. After the BV initializes, that blue light goes away and a red light appears on the top row over the $5 then All other lights show to be yellow. Could the BV be stuck on $5's.
You offered to check this BV. Where can I send it. How do you want it sent? UPS USPS ?  Thanks

Send it us and we will stick it in a machine and see if its working ok. No problem. USPS has a Med. Flat rate box that is kind of squarish that ships for $11-12. It fits a BV perfectly and I will have it 2-3 days. Or if UPS is easier for you, ship it that way. Your choice. I will PM the address.

Yoeddy1
The OCD kit hoarder
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 233

« Reply #66 on: September 02, 2013, 09:13:51 PM »

Attached is a JCM Sentry guide if anyone can use it.  Not a bad troubleshooting guide.

Jason

* Sentry_IGT.sflb.pdf (593.61 KB - downloaded 115 times.)

Yoeddy's IGT Slot Machine Videos
http://www.youtube.com/user/Yoeddy1
qbert
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 30

« Reply #67 on: September 02, 2013, 10:46:16 PM »

Hey Jason,
Thanks for the sentry guide. +1 (Karma, or whatever)
Rich
jacker
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #68 on: September 02, 2013, 11:20:54 PM »

Hey BUZZ Thanks on the red light!  Have the BV limit set at 3000. it will go no higher. Jason thanks for the Guide. Communication problem is probably what it is, but boy it's tough the first time around. Did anyone look at JPG 5011 above
( with the push button white switch attached to the back of the cash can housing, with 6 empty pins ) ?
qbert
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 30

« Reply #69 on: September 03, 2013, 12:02:57 AM »

Normal that cash box switch can be removed,  you do not need it.
jacker
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #70 on: September 12, 2013, 06:11:30 PM »

This machine is a nightmare!!!!!!!! Have concluded that it will not take bills. NOW another problem has popped up. MPU now shows 4 amber lights, 1 green and 1 blinking red light! Can anybody tell me what this is all about. Of course nothing will work right now.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.