Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 11:56:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S2000 and Vision Games.
| | |-+  S2000 LED Conversions
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: S2000 LED Conversions  (Read 4549 times)
Terry B
Contributing NLG Member
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 26

« on: August 09, 2013, 09:21:22 PM »

Has anyone tried multi-cluster leds on the larger (1.75") S2000 buttons. The led one cluster #658 replacement bulb doesn't seem bright enough. Got a manufacturer and part number?

Terry
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 345

« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2013, 03:39:13 AM »

MCM Electronics has the multi led version for the 658
I tried the Happ Controls 658 LED they are bright but they started to fail quickly (go out completely or start flashing on their own)
Happ replaced them once I didn't try to get them to replace them a second time so I ordered ones from MCM Electronics and have not had any issues with them

The MCM versions have either 3 or 4 SMD LED's on each unit, can handle 12-14 V AC or DC due to some additional components that are part of the design.
When I first installed the MCM units they are bright enough for the large buttons and maybe a bit much for the smaller buttons
I like to customize things so I used a candle insert to make the legends have blue light come through.

A Slot Machine and Coca-Cola Addict!!
"If it is not broke do not fix it" I keep forgetting that!
Fourbyracer
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 234

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2013, 04:36:02 AM »

Still am using the LED in both big and small buttons on three S2000's with no problems.  Here is the original post with a link to the LED's on ebay.  http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=24563.msg191456#msg191456

Regarding the pic below:

This one has the 4 led in all reel positions so the light actually is a little bit off the payline (you can see that).  The denom bulb is a small base bulb and it has 4 individual bulbs coming out of it each pointing a different way.  Came with the machine.  The small buttons actually have those 4 led bulbs in them but you have to put them in from the top, install them, and then put the legend and cover on last.  You could also modify the base a little so the light passes thru.  I made them work but it takes some trail and error.  The large buttons also have the 4 led.  I particularly like the way the "roll dice" button came out.  Wayyy better than the stock bulb that was there, much cooler, less power, bla bla.

* buttons.jpg (754.34 KB, 1400x827 - viewed 214 times.)

What we do in life, echoes in eternity...
Terry B
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2013, 01:56:10 PM »

Thank you for your suggestions. I will try the MCM bulbs. Also did a net search "leds kits for IGT machines" and came up with a local company's website, "City Lights Las Vegas," will call them on Monday. It would appear they have a "ready to go" kit available.

Terry
hillcrest
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 10

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2013, 11:20:13 PM »

Thank you for your suggestions. I will try the MCM bulbs. Also did a net search "leds kits for IGT machines" and came up with a local company's website, "City Lights Las Vegas," will call them on Monday. It would appear they have a "ready to go" kit available.

Terry
Nice to know. 'Cept I just used both the strings in the  " 's and only came up with this post. :-(

Can you offer the actual URL for the website you used?

Thanks

Retired. With, no time on my hands. Just a new (to me) slot machine to play with.
tkrozleski
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 23

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2013, 11:34:52 AM »

These guys have a good asst.
https://bcspinball.com/index.php?cPath=83

Here's another link for url's  http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=2485.msg71986#msg71986
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 11:39:59 AM by tkrozleski » Logged
Ron (r273)
NLG Welcome Wagon & General Chat
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 401

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2013, 12:03:49 PM »

For LED geeks.  rotflmao

http://www.miniinthebox.com/led-lighting_c4685?litb_from=paid_bing&ext_content=sitelink_adwords

Ron (r273)
Terry B
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2013, 03:50:55 PM »

I found 2 online stores of interest. Also received a tech reply from MCM stating the 25-3215 led has been discontinued. I don't know if LedTech has stopped making them.
Someone had commented on 6V 4 smd leds saying that he was not aware they were made. They are for sure.
Here are a couple of places I purchased bulbs.
Centsibleamusements.com and jcaparts.com. Both companies are primarily automobile part companies. Both have a large selection of 6 and 12 volt bulbs. Will advise how they work after arrival.
Also I learned these bulbs come in flat, round,concave,SMD up to 15 (not for us) but they have them.
I do not understand why one or more of our members with companies  that deal in slot parts do not have "ready to go" kits for the more popular models of our favorite toy.

T
Styx

Total Karma Storms: 15

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2013, 09:21:46 PM »

It sounds like a niche market for you to try out...
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.