Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 09:56:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S2000 and Vision Games.
| | |-+  Ok, so is there a trick going from led reels to standard incandescent?
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ok, so is there a trick going from led reels to standard incandescent?  (Read 14233 times)
cowboygames
Abbys Dad
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2013, 06:05:54 PM »

Rick, had you tried doing a full clear on the machine to see if maybe the MPU is having trouble recognizing the new reels through the backlight controller. A couple years ago I was simply swapping from a jumpered 5 reel harness in a 3 reel machine to a standard 3 reel harness and had all kinds of weird problems. The 5 reel harness worked fine on the 3 reel machine, but something went wacky when I got the standard 3 reel harness. I finally got tired of messing with it and cleared the machine. Everything worked fine after that. The problems I had encountered were similar to yours. Sorry it took me so long to remember this, but it was a couple years ago and I don't keep notes although I think I had posted on here about it back then
rickhunter
SMAA Founder and Chairman

Total Karma Storms: 226

I Void Warranties

« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2013, 09:36:32 PM »

I have not, I don't really like to use clear unless it is absolutely necessary.  I will give that a try.

A slot collector is like a coin hopper in a machine that never pays out.  they just keep on accumulating assets.
cowboygames
Abbys Dad

« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2013, 09:50:20 PM »

Clear chip is kinda last resort, but this kinda is last resort. At least setup is easy yes
rickhunter

I Void Warranties

« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2013, 11:29:42 PM »

thinking on the clear chip potential.  I should mention that the reels light up as shown the minute I apply power to the slot, way before the system even has a chance to boot.  This leads me to believe that it is an electrical circuit issue more than it is a logic issue.  If everything is properly wired, the reels should be off (or dimly lit) the minute you power up your machine.

A slot collector is like a coin hopper in a machine that never pays out.  they just keep on accumulating assets.
Jimise
Don't pick it up by the candle!
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 75

« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2013, 12:07:06 AM »

I just went and turned on my machine and the reels flash on for a second or two when power is applied and go off.
I never really paid attention before.  This is with led reels.
cowboygames
Abbys Dad

« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2013, 12:09:53 AM »

By your description it sounds like the controller is capable of lighting all reels but maybe isn't getting the proper signal to do it how and when it's suppose to
rickhunter

I Void Warranties

« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2013, 12:27:52 AM »

I just went and turned on my machine and the reels flash on for a second or two when power is applied and go off.
I never really paid attention before.  This is with led reels.

That is exactly what happens when I have the LED reels in the setup.  But with the incandescent harness, the minute I turn it on, the reels appear as shown in the picture.  It is also probably worth noting that the reels spin right and the game plays fine, other than the backlighting looking like it does, and during wins, nothing changes as far as the pattern.

CVslots

Total Karma Storms: 432

« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2013, 03:55:14 AM »

Lets try it with a 500 series board and see what happens...

I'll get one out to you tomorrow and if it works for you, we'll settle up. If it doesn't change anything, send it back.

Roz

idesign
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 509

If it aint broke why mess with it?????

« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2013, 10:58:56 AM »

Have you tried a different reel harness?  Sounds like there is some problems with the harness.  Also, have you tried moving the reels around to rule out a reel that is causing this?
rickhunter

I Void Warranties

« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2013, 12:03:41 PM »

I only have the one reel harness to try.  I will try to borrow a known working one to see.  I will also try moving the reels around.  Wish I had the machine at home, but it's in my Mother's house so I can only try thing sporadically when I go there.

cowboygames
Abbys Dad

« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2013, 01:03:03 PM »

Harness and controller should be headed your way today priority mail
rickhunter

I Void Warranties

« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2013, 01:52:32 PM »

thanks

rickhunter

I Void Warranties

« Reply #37 on: September 12, 2013, 08:51:06 PM »

OK, so here's the latest from my ongoing saga.

1.  Using led board with incandescent reels AND enhanced board = Super bright-on-all the time reels, and when you hit a winning combo, they flash.
2.  Using incandescent controller with enhanced board = works as it should.
3.  Using led board with a 50x series mpu = works as it should.

My issue with only certain reels lighting up was because out of all 15 bulbs only 4 were good!  arrow arrow arrow  Duh! Duh! Duh! How can I have not even thought of that?!?!? Then 1 blew 1 of the four by dropping it on the floor.  So I cannibalized bulbs from other reels and was able to get 14 out of the 15 lighting up.

Jimise
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #38 on: September 12, 2013, 10:09:38 PM »

Glad you got it figured out!
I had a feeling the bulbs were part of the problem.
The incandescents are a pita! seems like one is always out  Tongue Out
I went ahead and converted a narrow set to led as well.
No more burned out bulbs  applause

* LED conversion2.JPG (287.18 KB, 720x960 - viewed 160 times.)
rickhunter

I Void Warranties

« Reply #39 on: September 12, 2013, 10:49:17 PM »

So how did you do that?  Did you remove the baskets from a 2" and put them into a led reel?  Or did you take the led assembly out of a wide reel and stick it into a narrow reel?  The ideal solution would be to stick narrow baskets on a wide led reel, so you don't even have to change the reel shelf to go from narrow to wide.

Jimise
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #40 on: September 13, 2013, 12:29:32 AM »

I took the led assembly out of a wide reel and put it in the narrow reel. I know Cowboygames did this as well.
I don't remember exactly why now, But the narrow reel would not work on the wide reel. (Maybe Cowboygames will chime in)
Check out this thread.  http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=22954.50
So how did you do that?  Did you remove the baskets from a 2" and put them into a led reel?  Or did you take the led assembly out of a wide reel and stick it into a narrow reel?  The ideal solution would be to stick narrow baskets on a wide led reel, so you don't even have to change the reel shelf to go from narrow to wide.
cowboygames
Abbys Dad

« Reply #41 on: September 13, 2013, 01:08:39 AM »

Yep that sub link within that topic details how I did that conversion. I've found out since then that IGT also had some wide reels with standard lighting at one time. Lots of variations, lots of options...
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.