MEI Cashflow SC Series - Error, 3 Solid Lights - HELP

(1/4) > >>

angryninjas:
Hey guys, picked up an S Plus machine with an MEI Cashflow SC Series BV in it.  Never had one of these before, always had the DBV-0200's.  BV does not cycle when the machine is turned on (never has since I bought it), and shows 3 solid lights on the front of it, red, green and amber.  From what I could decrypt from a similar service manual, I think it means it needs programmed???  What exactly would that mean, and how would I get the equipment to do so... or is it just some stupid setting somewhere that is a common problem?  Set chip has enabled the BV as confirmed by 9-1.  Thanks.

Mirage_Chaser:
The lights on the ba indicate a problem with the ba.

The mei sc series ba's have two parts that can be responsible for the issue you are talking about. One is the sensor head (where the bill goes in like on the dbv's) and the other is the daughter board. It is the interface board that is mounted behind the head.

First thing I would try is to remove and re-seat both parts, careful because it is easy to lose some skin removing the daughter board (it just slides out on plastic rails).  If that doesn't work then it is possible you do need a flash or one or the other of the parts is not functioning properly.  If you don't have one to swap with it is difficult to trouble shoot. It takes about a minute to reflash it if someone around you has the download tool and firmware. Or you can send it to suzo happ and they will do it for you.

Also replacement heads are available.

CVslots:
From a handy little cheat sheet I have from MEI on the SC series...

Status: 3 Solid Lights (Green/Yellow/Red) indicate: Unprogrammed Unit / Generic Unit
You Need To: Program Unit with a service tool.

Neonkiss:
I believe that I read somewhere that a unprogramed unit will work with a PLCC chip in the head. But once a unit has been provramed it will no longer accept a chip. The chip socket is located under the yellow cover. Now, does anyone know if this unit will work on A S+ for I'D 023?

angryninjas:
Hmmm, ok, I'll take a look at it.  Might be easier to just buy a cheap dbv-200 on eBay and be done with it, lol.  This came installed in an S+ Empire King, which is more AC Slots parts inside than IGT... More circuits in that machine than NASA, lol.  Definitely not your run of the mill S Plus.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page