Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 03:42:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Reel Games. (Moderator: a69mopar)
| | |-+  Bally Slot Machine Malfuntion code 54
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bally Slot Machine Malfuntion code 54  (Read 3834 times)
arcademan
« on: October 01, 2010, 01:07:17 PM »

I have a 1982 Bally slot machine (Although it deosn't have a name on it I think it is a Lucky 7's machine because the high end Jackpots are all triple seven payoffs). I do not know the model # off hand. The MPU is an AS 2978-7. I am having a fault that all five payoff lines are blinking and WILL NOT reset for normal gameplay. The machine will not accept coins and the handle is locked in place. I have tried to reset the game at the board on the coin hopper and the fault just continues to blink even after the reset.

There is a blinking malfunction code of 54 which is a "Drop Door" fault. I have bypassed both door switches to try to trick the machine into thinking the door is closed but it still will not reset. The problem originally happened during payoffs and could be reset by pressing the reset button or by turning the machine off then back on. Now the problem is permanent and will not reset.

This is my first slot machine and so I am new to the slot troubleshooting game. I am pretty good with troubleshooting arcades so with a little help I am sure I can get this thing fixed too! Any help would be greatly appreciated! R/Joe

Jim
MIDWEST SLOTS
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 288

513-984-2201

« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2010, 02:48:53 PM »

As with any electronic device, before doing anything I would check the power supply voltages. your description of the machine and components lead me to believe that you have a e-2000 series machine. I.D. plate on side of machine where the handle is located would solve this. the power supply is located on the rear wall to the right of the hopper. there should be loop wires where you can test the three voltages. approx. voltages are 10 vdc, 7/8 vdc and 5vdc. if ANY ARE MISSING OR LOW  check the incoming connector to that board. usually the blue/ yellow tracer  wires  come loose,its a "v" pressure connection and due to high current passing they become intermittent. you should be familiar with these if you work on pinballs, especially the earlier models.

Jim

MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma.
arcademan
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2010, 01:06:40 PM »

Thanks, I will look on the machine plate and check for the model and do some voltage checks today!!
arcademan
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2010, 10:08:21 PM »

Machine model is E-2088-63 so you were right on the 2000 series. I checked the voltages and they are 9.52VDC, 4.95VDC, and 7.20VDC so nothing out of the ordinary. I went ahead and checked all connectors again as well. Any other suggestions??

Another question I have is: What is the microswitch on the inside right wall that can be activated by a key? I currently have the switch in the open postion.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.
Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 308

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2010, 01:36:57 AM »

I think the switch your talking about is for resetting the machine after hitting one of the larger jackpots. I have several machines with them, but they didn't come with any keys, and so far I have never hit a large enough jackpot to have to use them... I've attached a page from my book explaining the key switch for you...  Gary  Odie

* scan0004.pdf (473.64 KB - downloaded 174 times.)

If it's jammed, force it... If it breaks it needed to be replaced anyway...
proten
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 210

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2010, 01:46:54 AM »

PM me your email address and I will send you a copy of the Bally manual.

Paul

One step at a time.
arcademan
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2010, 01:38:31 PM »

Thanks for the explaination of the key switch Gary! I will PM you PROTEN for the manual. Thanks! I do not have one.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.