Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 09:05:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  BALLY Game Maker. (Moderator: tacman)
| | |-+  Gamemaker Problem
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Gamemaker Problem  (Read 17019 times)
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2010, 11:52:53 AM »

Awesome sleuthing and digging around Stat!  Hail  yes propeller
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2010, 11:56:02 AM »

Insomnia. Duh!  knockout frying pan

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2010, 11:59:17 AM »

ah...great minds work at strange hours.... Crazy
golflover
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 41

« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2010, 12:10:07 PM »

Wow Stat .. Awesome data... Will take me a while to digest it and put it together.. Am a few years away from when i used to flash bios on computers with a serial programmer. Not even sure my old one would work on these types of chips.  What I gather, and I might be wrong and will defer to those in the know.. Bunker and I have been batting this around off list and I thouight putting the eeprom under a UV light for a duration would clear the chip.  However, and again i might be reading this wrong or my pretzle logic is off again.. Putting the chip under UV light will clear the chip and the machine would not be able to boot up at all? Subjecting the chip to UV light would be the same as clearing it in a programmer?
StatFreak

« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2010, 12:27:43 PM »

To be honest, I've never seen one of these with a UV window. I think that's one of the reasons that CaptainHappy CaptainHappy wanted to see a picture of your chip.

IF it is a UV erasable chip, then you must use a UV light to erase it: you cannot electrically erase it with the burner.

An erased chip will be filled with the value FF (bits are all ones). When a chip is burned, only the zero bits are written. The reason the they put 00 in places that are not used is for security. Once the bits are burned to zero, they cannot be written again without doing a full clear. It prevents hackers from adding or changing things.

I can't tell you for certain that clearing the chip will solve your problem, because we still don't have 100% confirmation that this is where the jurisdiction data and "lock" are stored. I like to help out, but I'm not willing to deliberately set my machine to a locked jurisdiction just to try this. no

I can (and did) tell you that my machine would go into the full Saferam clear process when I put the erased EEPROM chip in U3, put a V7S-1000 clear chip in P10, turned on SW1 SWs 7 & 8, and powered up the machine.

At this point, it couldn't hurt to try erasing your chip. You might consider picking up a GQ-4X from mcumall. Several of us have one and it's works well for our hobby. It's always a good idea to back up the chips that you have in your slots in case something happens to them.

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
golflover
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2010, 12:35:25 PM »

To be honest, I've never seen one of these with a UV window. I think that's one of the reasons that CaptainHappy CaptainHappy wanted to see a picture of your chip.

IF it is a UV erasable chip, then you must use a UV light to erase it: you cannot electrically erase it with the burner.

An erased chip will be filled with the value FF (bits are all ones). When a chip is burned, only the zero bits are written. The reason the they put 00 in places that are not used is for security. Once the bits are burned to zero, they cannot be written again without doing a full clear. It prevents hackers from adding or changing things.

I can't tell you for certain that clearing the chip will solve your problem, because we still don't have 100% confirmation that this is where the jurisdiction data and "lock" are stored. I like to help out, but I'm not willing to deliberately set my machine to a locked jurisdiction just to try this. no

I can (and did) tell you that my machine would go into the full Saferam clear process when I put the erased EEPROM chip in U3, put a V7S-1000 clear chip in P10, turned on SW1 SWs 7 & 8, and powered up the machine.

At this point, it couldn't hurt to try erasing your chip. You might consider picking up a GQ-4X from mcumall. Several of us have one and it's works well for our hobby. It's always a good idea to back up the chips that you have in your slots in case something happens to them.

Thanks Stat.. I would not expect anyone to screw up their machine for this. besides that is my job  bust gut laughing maybe we all learn something my my mistake  :89-Yup I was already putting one of these on my wish list as a need to have. I am baffled by my machine not being able to clear. With the clear chip and 7 and 8 thrown. I cannot beleive that the locked  jurisdiction controls the entire process and Cry Laughing will not allow a complete clear. I even disconnected the battery and unplugged from the wall and it still retained the settings. I would have thought it would have lost it's mind and started over. the only one loosing his mnd is me.  Am sure the machine is laughing
StatFreak

« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2010, 12:55:03 PM »

Well, we always get the last laugh, as problems like this force us to learn more and more about our machines. I had no idea that a GM had an EEPROM or that the jurisdiction could be locked if set wrong, and I never would have looked at the data on that chip if you hadn't posted this problem.

Once you get it working, you'll know that much more about your machine. yes propeller

Stat garfield

CaptainHappy
NLG Site Administrator
NLG Site Administrator

Total Karma Storms: 622

I haven't met a Jackpot that I didn't like!!!

« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2010, 06:01:22 PM »

Insomnia. Duh!  knockout frying pan

Stat garfield ,

Good thing that I finally got to sleep, it looks like it saved me alot of typing! Good job describing everything that I was thinking!!!  Clap Clap Clap bust gut laughing

CH CaptainHappy

Come sail away, Come sail away Come sail away with me..
golflover
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2010, 03:41:09 PM »

Well after 6 weeks of waiting and 2 orders the programmer finally arrived. Seems the first shipment is lost somewhere between here and there. They shipped another Express mail and it got here in 5 days. Clap Will be a llittle bit til i can get home to try it out and see if I can unlocked the gamemaker from the treaded locked jurisdiction problem. Stay tuned!!!!!  yes
golflover
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2010, 11:24:28 PM »

I am happy to report success.!!!!!!!!! Crazy applause yes My sincere thanks to Stat, Bunker, Tacman and everyone else who answered questions and assisted me with this quest.  Hail

A brief informatiional here. After getting the programmer, I was not able to verify the write to the chip. Stat gave me multiple suggestions but I was still stuck. Stat finally suggested just writing all FF's to the chip, put it back on the board, do the clear and see what happens. Well I am happy yes to report that it worked flawlessly. All the main screens were empty and I was able to set the jurisdiction and all other functions with no problems. So it appears that the 93c56n chip is the jurisdictional chip, and if the machine gets locked you are able to clear the chip leave it blank and the machine will re-initialize the chip and you can start over.  Again thank you to everyone and my apologies if I missed mentioning anyone that contributed to this thread and my learning curve. Next tiime I will be reading the manual first  Cry Laughing frying pan Tongue Out Crazy
StatFreak

« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2010, 11:37:26 PM »

Good job golflover, and thanks for sticking with it.  applause applause

This is great information for all Gamemaker owners to know, should they ever accidentally lock their jurisdictions.  yes

Stat garfield

act75
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« Reply #36 on: May 02, 2013, 12:32:26 AM »

I know this is an old topic but I just want to thank Stat for posting his eprom data.  His info helped me out a lot.  My Game Maker jurisdiction was locked and I was unable to change eeprom options.  I tried to erase the 93C56B eprom but it did not help.  It said it cleared the saferam but booted to a blank screen as he described.  Then when I rewrote my previous data it just booted as before with the old saferam data.  I ended up manually entering the data in the last address line from what Stat posted with his jurisdiction info and wrote that to the eprom and it worked and I was able to change my eeprom options.  I also have 24 mains.  This was an incredible help to me that you posted the raw data from your eprom.  Thank you so much for posting that and being so thorough with you information.  You saved me a lot of hassle.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.