Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 08:40:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  General NLG Chat
| |-+  The Slot Shop **Tech Talk**
| | |-+  Simm burrner
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Simm burrner  (Read 2322 times)
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« on: April 30, 2012, 03:43:50 AM »

Kevin I've got no idea what topic this should be posted in.

Actually this post is going to help very few, but if it helps one that's OK.  I was playing with my new toy today trying to program a few 8 meg sound simms. Naturally that is the size I'm in short supply of.  On top of my not knowing what I'm doing and trying to program a couple of simms that are not any good, this little ol burner was kicking my ass.  Then I had this brain storm and called Erick and ask if I could offset the files the same way I do a eprom and would it work. He said he had never tried it.  Well I had to give it a try, opened the file in HxD hit copy once, hit paste twice and save as "dsv 81 mod to 16 meg " and hit save. went to the burner and burned a simm from that mod file and it works just fine in the machine.

I think the bottom line to this story is, I'm not going to buy any more 8 meg simms unless it's a file I don't have.

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
CaptainHappy
NLG Site Administrator
NLG Site Administrator

Total Karma Storms: 622

I haven't met a Jackpot that I didn't like!!!

« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2012, 03:47:13 AM »

Kevin I've got no idea what topic this should be posted in.

Actually this post is going to help very few, but if it helps one that's OK.  I was playing with my new toy today trying to program a few 8 meg sound simms. Naturally that is the size I'm in short supply of.  On top of my not knowing what I'm doing and trying to program a couple of simms that are not any good, this little ol burner was kicking my ass.  Then I had this brain storm and called Erick and ask if I could offset the files the same way I do a eprom and would it work. He said he had never tried it.  Well I had to give it a try, opened the file in HxD hit copy once, hit paste twice and save as "dsv 81 mod to 16 meg " and hit save. went to the burner and burned a simm from that mod file and it works just fine in the machine.

I think the bottom line to this story is, I'm not going to buy any more 8 meg simms unless it's a file I don't have.

Buzz,

This is your reminder that you need to send me a picture of the 8meg SIMMs....

Mark CaptainHappy

Come sail away, Come sail away Come sail away with me..
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2012, 04:41:27 AM »

Mark They have a F with a line above and below it. I'm going to send them to Erick for testing. Those were not the two that were giving me trouble. they are a AMD and a ST. One of them never did work, got the other one to work one time by switching the MM II board. Now it's went back to being junk. It verifies and HxD the check sum is correct, I've cleaned all the contacts. I think the simm is programed OK it just won't work in this machine. I always told you I didn't like playing a slot machine, that I liked working on them. Well this thing is giving me enough fun for a week !!

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
CaptainHappy
NLG Site Administrator
NLG Site Administrator

Total Karma Storms: 622

I haven't met a Jackpot that I didn't like!!!

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2012, 05:10:21 AM »

Mark They have a F with a line above and below it. I'm going to send them to Erick for testing. Those were not the two that were giving me trouble. they are a AMD and a ST. One of them never did work, got the other one to work one time by switching the MM II board. Now it's went back to being junk. It verifies and HxD the check sum is correct, I've cleaned all the contacts. I think the simm is programed OK it just won't work in this machine. I always told you I didn't like playing a slot machine, that I liked working on them. Well this thing is giving me enough fun for a week !!

As I thought the ones that we talked about with the F are the Fairchild SIMMS that I mentioned.

You must be rubbing off on me as my Poker machine is EFFing muted with me right now, so I went to the best place in the world for help, NLG and posted about it. Machines must just hate the two of us! hissy fit bawling hissy fit Help

CH CaptainHappy

Come sail away, Come sail away Come sail away with me..
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.