Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 06:01:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Reel Games. (Moderator: a69mopar)
| | |-+  Bally E-1000 Nickel Reels won`t stop!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bally E-1000 Nickel Reels won`t stop!  (Read 4013 times)
Jrjammer
« on: December 29, 2009, 02:00:32 AM »

Hello, Can anyone help me with this one.....I have a Bally E-1000 5 pay line nickel machine and the reels won`t stop! I have sent in all boards to be checked, MPU, OI, Power, reader, and relay boards. All my boards are good. I have checked all wires to see if any are loose, I have checked all pins to all boards for connection. I have checked for any bent pins. I am confused!? My machine shows 50 .000 on the meter. All my tests numbers work but test 5. When I go to test 5... I get "0000"  When I go to test number 8 I get... 80 .000 and the test works fine and reels stop. Someone please help.
FOXSSLOTS1
Resigned NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 323

Me at work

« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2009, 09:47:21 AM »

test 5 with all 0000 - you are not getting a reel read - either you have a bad io board - bad connection to the reel mech - bad reel reader control board - bad connection to the reel readers.
Jrjammer
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2009, 10:39:29 AM »

Now the reel readers are the ones that run up between each reel? If so,  I have 5 lights lit between each reel. With all lights lit dosen`t that mean that the readers between each reel is working normally?
FOXSSLOTS1
Resigned NLG Member

Me at work

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2009, 11:18:19 AM »

disconnect the reel mech - do the 5 test - if you still get 0000 then your io board is bad - if you get 1555 then your problem most likely is in the reel mech.  Also check your ribbon cable - the thin grey cable that goes from the io to the mpu (look for broken pins).
Jrjammer
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2009, 06:19:54 PM »

Ok, I checked all connections on the reel mech. everything is clean and secure, reel reader board is also good. Took a look at the grey ribbon that runs from the MPU board to the IO board, no bent pins but I did find a bad connection on the J3 plug on the MPU board where the ribbon plugs into (Little square green box) the bottom right is missing the connector to where the pin plugs into) Maybe this is why I get four(4) "0000" on a test five?  Please help..........Thanks
FOXSSLOTS1
Resigned NLG Member

Me at work

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2010, 05:07:55 PM »

not sure what you mean about missing the j3 connector?  it is 16 pins - if one or more of the pins on the cable or the connector is missing - then you will have issues.
Jrjammer
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2010, 11:30:58 PM »

Yes, one(1) of the 16 connectors on the little green box is missing, the pin on the grey ribbon was not making contact. Sent in MPU board for repair also sent ribbon cable to be checked, with this and little luck I hope this does the trick! I also have a second Bally E-1000 nickel slot doing the same thing 50 .0000 on the meter, takes the nickel fine, pull the handle, reels keep spinning! Did a test five "0000" So, I did a test 5 with reels unplugged, not 0000 or 1555  I`m getting 1441 on the meter what does that mean? Please help......Thanks
MarkInAz
Jack of all, master on none.
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 22

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2010, 09:57:06 PM »

Hi Jrjammer and welcome to the forum.

I think test 5 is your best starting place.  Ok, lets talk about how test #5 works- 
Test five gives you a display for each reels position- in real time.  Depending on which of the 5 little reel reader lights are either blocked or gets through to the photo sensor determines how the CPU and the game chips interpret each of your three reel positions.  Also, as you turn the reels while in test 5 you can see in reel time the digits changing.  Each symbol on each reel will have a corresponding symbol or number.  1Bar = 1, 2Bar = 2, Cheery = ch, also a plume could be 1, on orange could be 2, etc depending on the game.  When all is working fine the patter is easy to see.  Your 5-line 3 reel machine will show 4 digits.  The 1st digit tells you which pay line to read across, the 2,3,4th digits represent what the CPU is seeing from the reel readers, be it right of wrong, its what the CPU "sees"  So now, using this info you should be able to tell if your machine is "seeing" the correct reel positions.  Also, if my memory is correct, when in test #8 the reels will always stop no mater what, it doesn't care what the reel reader sees, as such test 8 wont help you all that much.  Give it a try and report back.

Its Always Something...
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.