Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 02:39:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  Odyssey Video Games.
| | |-+  Odyssey Tidbits
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Odyssey Tidbits  (Read 4453 times)
gkfan
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« on: August 20, 2012, 09:15:28 PM »

Just a few facts from my 5 years with a couple working Odyssey machines.  The factory WBA 13 SS validater loaded in one of my Odyssey by using the validator code "JCM".  I did not have to change any eprom code. 

MARS ZT 1000 parts were/maybe still are available from Australia.  Do a Google search to find.  Cash Cans can be found brand new from LA Slots.

New drive sleds unpainted without hardware - LA Slots

I have different NeoTec monitor mother boards in my machine.  NT- 2602A is still available but good documentation would not be shared.  Everyone talks about getting a cap kit try that with a NT- 2602A.  Could not locate a NeoTec Monitor model number on the other machine.  Let me know if you have NeoTec repair/manual/parts leads.

LCD screen conversion has recently been done, check out the Odyssey Forum at Mr. Winter's site for pic's and model number info.

My machines have brought me much fun and I have been able to keep them going.  If you have old school PC skills you would be right at home in the Odyssey electronics cabinet.  I need a few parts like a clean bill bezel,  a coin drop guard, and electronics box door.  Contact me if you're parting out an Odyssey machine.

CVslots
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 432

« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2012, 01:37:46 AM »

good info!!! good to know! thank you gkfan!  applause applause applause

i cant imgaine what the Odyessey would have been today if they stayed at it....

pinballjail

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2012, 11:00:51 PM »

Does that mean I can put a WBA 13 SS validater in my machine and it will work ?
gkfan

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2012, 08:45:49 PM »

Its more complicated than just dropping in a WBA 13 SS.  The whole bill acceptor assembly is made for the WBA so you would need the Bill Can and the mounting hardware.  I have included a pic of the wiring harness which may be special for this model.  See the tag on the WBA unit regarding the wiring.  Cannot say the if WBA unit has special firmware or not.  I do know JCM is the validator type you need to enter in setup not WBA or Unknown. I do not know if this machine was a rebuild or factory stock.  Very unusual all chrome front with player card reader slot under the Attendant Call light.
GKFAN

* Wiring.JPG (194.01 KB, 768x1024 - viewed 371 times.)

* Label.JPG (238.46 KB, 1024x768 - viewed 353 times.)
Neonkiss

Total Karma Storms: 436

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2012, 09:36:55 PM »

So what gets modified on the head and transport that they taged it "Modified for Odyssey only  Wire are cut"

Nothing brings people together better than a common enemy
343 / 60 brothers lost on that day.
gkfan

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2012, 09:39:14 PM »

No idea I have nothing to compare it to.
Neonkiss

Total Karma Storms: 436

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2012, 10:24:47 PM »

No idea I have nothing to compare it to.
OH, I thought this was your modification.

Nothing brings people together better than a common enemy
343 / 60 brothers lost on that day.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.