Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 01:07:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  Odyssey Video Games.
| | |-+  Boots to 9999 and then DEAD
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Boots to 9999 and then DEAD  (Read 3379 times)
tacman
NLG Document, Media Gallery and FAQ Writer
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 446

Genius in training.

« on: September 19, 2008, 09:00:19 PM »

DJH

Boots to 9999 and then dead!
« on: October 11, 2006, 10:05:05 PM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Any ideas? 

Will boot to 9999 and the juggler comes up during but then goes away to nothing on the screen.  Jackpot key does not go into MMS or any sounds.  No player button lights. 

Will boot to 4000 and did the 4 & 6 clear.  Psyco board I is in this game. 

Reseated everything including the MB memory.   Screen is working as the juggler comes up and the machines goes through the 411-413 etc boot cycle.   

Any one!

CaptainHappy

Re: Boots to 9999 and then dead!
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2006, 12:59:11 AM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote from: DJH on October 11, 2006, 10:05:05 PM
Any ideas? 

Will boot to 9999 and the juggler comes up during but then goes away to nothing on the screen.  Jackpot key does not go into MMS or any sounds.  No player button lights. 

Will boot to 4000 and did the 4 & 6 clear.  Psyco board I is in this game. 

Reseated everything including the MB memory.   Screen is working as the juggler comes up and the machines goes through the 411-413 etc boot cycle.   

Any one!

A possible solution is to replace the power supply on the computer motherboard on the bottom behind the hopper. They are usually cheap models, and I have fixed several problem machines that seemed to be SCSI and boot problem related by putting in a better quality power supply with more wattage and current available. They are just off the shelf ATX power supplies that you can get at a computer store! My thoughts to this are that the SCSI hard drives in this unit draw alot of current (and some of the motors are getting a little lazy also, so they come on slower before they get up to the high rotational speed that they run at.) at boot up, and the timing is very critical during bootup. Let me know the results, but I think this is the exact problem that I have seen before, and the magic elixer was the new beefier power supply. I hope that this helps, let me know. I love the machines, they are awesome to play!

Captainhappy

DJH

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2006, 10:19:12 AM »   

Thanks!

It's on it's second power supply which is new but anything is possible.  I was thinking it was the second memory bank as it would run out of memory when tring to start the game menu and lockup.   I had the new owner reseat the memory but that did not clear it up.  I agree that the power supply is the all evil killer in an odyssey next to the HD.   I will have the power supply repalced and go from there.   

RVSWaco

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2007, 11:41:33 AM »   

Just out of curiosity, did this solve your problem?  I have an Oddysey that occasionally fails at startup.  I can usually use the reset button (located on the GPIO box on the left side of the cabinet behind the hopper) and it will reboot and run.  Sometimes when this happens, a 411 (HD failure) error will show on the display inside the currency door.  Sometimes it will be a 410 (SCSI controller), and sometimes it never changes from all 0's,  but it almost always reboots once the power supply is not having to boot all devices at once.  I have had it go to 9's then not complete the boot as well.

Always like to hear other Odyssey stories.  Gives me other ideas when mine goes haywire.

Tom

rickhunter

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2007, 12:21:14 PM »   

sounds like you need to recap your power supply?

DJH

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2007, 01:10:52 PM »   

Wong guess!

Was the bill validator not being fully being seated.  strange but true.  The machine would boot to 9999 but was not able to tilt and display the error guy. 

rickhunter

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2007, 01:44:56 PM »   

I was referring to RVSWaco machine as he reports that whenever the PS doesn't have to initialize everything, it boots.   

DJH

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2007, 08:06:51 PM »   

sorry rick, I missed that one!

Yes power supply or the Hard Drive.  I would think the hard drive first then the power supply and the MB last.

Very common,

The undocumented error is 102 on boot up which is cleared by the jackpot reset key.       

RVSWaco

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2007, 09:59:51 AM »   

Quote from: rickhunter on January 10, 2007, 12:21:14 PM
sounds like you need to recap your power supply?

Thanks, I'm going to try another power supply and hope that's it.  I have several to choose from.  I would prefer to have that problem than a hard drive.  Seems like every drive I try has some issues.  The one that's in it now seems to work better than any other I've tried and it's a 6 game drive.  I'd like to keep it in the machine.  I have several other drives that don't work at all (usually get a 411 error) so I will be experimenting with them.  Any advise on hard drive reconstruction (i.e. file system and what file is what) would be a big help.

Thanks again...Tom

Slotmaster
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 172

« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2008, 09:32:45 PM »

hey do I get any K+ for these threads...  Roll Eyes
tacman
NLG Document, Media Gallery and FAQ Writer
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 446

Genius in training.

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2008, 09:41:28 PM »

Sure I'll give you one each time I can and would expect the same back for transferring the post.   Smiley

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.