Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 03:19:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  Odyssey Video Games.
| | |-+  Oddysey on eBay
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Oddysey on eBay  (Read 7630 times)
dpalmi
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 291

« on: October 10, 2008, 12:34:53 AM »

Hello all!

Don't know if anyone notcied, but there is a working Oddysey on eBay right now http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=260296994136.  I wish it were closer to me because I would buy it...but Texas is just to far  bawling

Dan #2

A great man once said, "I was told last time I would get a piece of cake."

StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2008, 01:01:31 AM »

Hello all!

Don't know if anyone notcied, but there is a working Oddysey on eBay right now http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=260296994136.  I wish it were closer to me because I would buy it...but Texas is just to far  bawling

Dan #2

Here is the listing:
Odyssey Machine with Vacation USA Design Excellent Condition Loaded with Banarama, Buccaneer Gold, Riddle of the Sphinx, Playoff Poker Deuces Wild, Playoff Poker Jacks or Better, and Vacation USA.

Shipping will be the actual freight and insurance plus a crating fee (handling fee) of 100.00

Current bid is $1000

* Odyssey on ebay 1. fa31_1.jpg (13.52 KB, 400x266 - viewed 282 times.)

* Odyssey on ebay 2. fe02_1.jpg (13.07 KB, 266x400 - viewed 307 times.)

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
Flexpipe
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 154

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2008, 10:23:51 AM »

Looks like a nice one. They ARE heavy. Probably would cost a minimum of $200 plus crating to get it anywhere. Also, these games only take the "older" currency, and cannot be updated. So, just find some old bills, and keep them exclusively for use in your Oddysey. Good luck!

The American Indians found out what happens when you don't control immigration
Slotmaster

Total Karma Storms: 172

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2008, 03:11:11 PM »

Looks like a nice one. They ARE heavy. Probably would cost a minimum of $200 plus crating to get it anywhere. Also, these games only take the "older" currency, and cannot be updated. So, just find some old bills, and keep them exclusively for use in your Oddysey. Good luck!
Actually you can update an odyssey which is a little known fact.   You just can't update the factory ZT1102 as you have to install a WBA-SS13 and make a custom bezel.   The other trick is that you have to write to the EEPROM with a modded MFG name for bill validator.    There is a part in the configuration that says bill mfg name, it will say MARS now, it needs to be changed but you just can't type it in for some reason.   I got a file (eeprom config with it correctly set)  and all you have to do is flash the EEPROM with this file and it's good to go.  The WBA was the Odyssey international bill validator that they used however they really did not sell that many machines so it's kinda rare to see one with it installed. 

I have personally done this and it worked fine.   The hard part really is the custom bill bezel that you need to make for it to fit the door and the WBA head.  I think you can custom cut down the regular WMS (called generic) style bill bezel as it was really close to getting the door to closed with it installed. 

I no longer own an odyssey so I can't test anymore. 
Billythekid

Total Karma Storms: 19

Oct 2011

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2008, 03:56:52 PM »

I want this machine and I will drive 1200 miles each way to Texas to get it!!!  I'm not sure how much I'll bid for... I've been watching it since it was listed. Las Vegas Kirk knows how bad I want this!!! It's all thats left! I promised my self no more slot machines after the oddysey!
dpalmi

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2008, 04:00:06 PM »

I want this machine and I will drive 1200 miles each way to Texas to get it!!!  I'm not sure how much I'll bid for... I've been watching it since it was listed. Las Vegas Kirk knows how bad I want this!!! It's all thats left! I promised my self no more slot machines after the oddysey!

Wow!

And I thought I wanted one bad....

Dan #2

dpalmi

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2008, 04:04:00 PM »

Hello all!

Interesting enough - it looks like this same machine was just up for auction and had a final bid of $1,330.96 http://cgi.ebay.com/Odyssey-Slot-Machine_W0QQitemZ260289286998QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item260289286998.  Not sure if the sale feel through or what...but that will give you some idea of what it might go for.  Good luck all - if it were closer I would be bidding to Smiley

Dan #2

Billythekid

Oct 2011

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2008, 04:16:42 PM »

That's a bummer! What that actually means is this seller will not sell it for that little. This just happened to me on an EVOHybrid...  What it means is that the seller did not want to pay ebay reserve price listing fees. When you sell something with a reserve or minimum sales price you pay a fee based on that amount. If you list it for lower an hope it goes up to what you want its a much cheaper listing fee. 

I really hate that Ebay lets you take things off auction at the last minute! We as the bidders are commiting our money up front if we win but the seller can back out on the deal. What ever happened to a contract...  If we win the bid and then decide not to pay that is sour too...   but it's just frustrating that someone puts up something for auction, gets everyone excited, creates a frenzy, then yanks the item off the auction block at the last hour before it closes. What's the point of the auction?
dpalmi

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2008, 04:20:43 PM »

That's a bummer! What that actually means is this seller will not sell it for that little. This just happened to me on an EVOHybrid...  What it means is that the seller did not want to pay ebay reserve price listing fees. When you sell something with a reserve or minimum sales price you pay a fee based on that amount. If you list it for lower an hope it goes up to what you want its a much cheaper listing fee. 

Unless I'm missing something, it doesn't look like the auction was pulled early.  Normally in that instance they have to cancel all the current bids and it wouldn't list a "Winning bidder' - which this auction does.  I'm gonna send the Seller a message to get the skiny....

Dan #2

Flexpipe

Total Karma Storms: 154

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2008, 10:24:52 PM »

Thanks Slotmaster, did not know that, and very good information to have. Sorry to hear you have moved on from your Oddysey, I beleive the game was ahead of its time. Probably why IGT purchased them. Like the saying goes...If you can't Beat them, Buy 'em!"

The American Indians found out what happens when you don't control immigration
PWRSTROKE
Resigned NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 246

« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2008, 03:16:46 AM »

Billythekid, Just let one of us texas folks pick it up for you until you can pick it up.  We will chk it and make sure it "plays" correctly!!.  rotflmao bust gut laughing
Slotmaster

Total Karma Storms: 172

« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2008, 12:33:09 PM »

Thanks Slotmaster, did not know that, and very good information to have. Sorry to hear you have moved on from your Oddysey, I beleive the game was ahead of its time. Probably why IGT purchased them. Like the saying goes...If you can't Beat them, Buy 'em!"
I had a mint odyssey too from 2003 to 2008 so 5 years was enough for me.    I loved the platform and the games are still better then some of the stuff out there today.   IGT should have at least reused some of the games and not just duped them.   
dpalmi

« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2008, 11:23:34 AM »

I'm gonna send the Seller a message to get the skiny....

Hello all!

Well I sent the seller a message asking what happend and if maybe the previous higher bidder backed out and his reply was "Yes, the buyer never contacted me.".  So there may be hope yet Smiley

Dan #2

Billythekid

Oct 2011

« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2008, 10:48:21 PM »

All right who lives in San Antonio that can pick up my Odyssey for me?  Smiley
« Last Edit: October 13, 2008, 11:00:07 PM by Billythekid » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.