Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 01:17:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S2000 and Vision Games.
| | |-+  Hopper empty error
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hopper empty error  (Read 8798 times)
rickaaaer
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 10

« on: August 19, 2012, 05:56:45 PM »

I have double diamond 5 liner S 2000.
I'm getting a hopper empty error. It has some coins in it, but not a lot . The screw with the green wire is in the  top hopper hole.What might be causing this's error?
cowboygames
Abbys Dad
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2012, 06:48:12 PM »

Does it try to turn at all? If not you might try the hopper test in menu 4 to see of the hopper is any good
coach851
Contributing NLG Member
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 11

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2012, 08:13:18 PM »

i have the same problem..i hit double diamond-7-7 and got error code 3300..i can't clear this code..i've opened and closed the door-reset the jackpot key switch..  all to no avail...every once in a while i get a coin kicked out..the coin hopper has plenty of coins (tokens) in it...what can i do next ????
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2012, 08:36:16 PM »

If the hopper motor will run, most times it's one of these that's causing the problem.

1 Remove hopper and see if a coin is jammed behind the knife.
2 Inspect the knife to see if it has a broken tip.
3 Knife adjustment
4 Correct shelf and pin wheels

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
rickaaaer
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2012, 10:02:18 PM »

Testing the hopper . I can't seem to find we're that's done.
rickaaaer
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2012, 10:23:38 PM »

I took a good look at the coin hopper. It has a bad motor. It got banged around and bent someh how.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 10:48:18 PM by rickaaaer » Logged
coach851
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2012, 07:28:33 PM »

there was a coin stuck but i removed it..now the hopper motor runs but no coins come out..except that every once in a while one will come out..i'm using tokens in lieu of quarters..will that make any difference as to size, weight, etc ??  what exactly is the knife ?? i'm about ready to take the hopper apart to check for anything that looks wrong..anything special i should look for besides knife tip ?   this machine was idle for some time in my sister's garage and i just got it set up again. i really don't know if the coins came out before i got it back..whenever i would get a hit the credits just kept adding up..i did not "cash out"  so i don't know how cashing out would have worked..thanx/andy..

ps-
since my last post i have measured the outside diameters of my tokens vs a quarter.  seems that the tokens are approx 1/32" larger in diameter..i've also looked in the hopper and the tokens seem to be picking up ok but they are not discharging..i maybe should replace the tokens in the hopper some quaters to see if the quarters pay out ok..
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 08:04:38 PM by coach851 » Logged
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2012, 08:04:59 PM »

Just a guess but the knife is that black plastic thing the coin was stuck behind. Two screws and it will come out, if the tip is broken I've been known to take a file and put a new tip on one. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

coach851
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2012, 08:36:00 PM »

i have taken the knife out and it looks ok..i note that one hole thru the knife mounting is slotted which says to me that there is quite a range of adjustment...so..how does one properly align the knife edge ??   also, i put in a bunch of quarters in the hopper (after dumping out all the tokens) and it made no difference..still no payout of coins..i figure the knife edge adjustment must be the problem..how shall i proceed ??

ps-tried several different alignment positions and one or two coins come out and then "3300" again..when i look at hopper the coins have gone past and under the knife edge..looks like there may be a little warp in the knife..i'll try to file the back of it flat tomorrow, also i'll try to dress the point up a little..but it looks pretty (although this is the first one i've really ever looked at)..
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 09:35:43 PM by coach851 » Logged
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2012, 10:03:07 PM »

First off after that coin gets to the hopper the hopper doesn't care if they are coins, tokens or flat washers. Just as long as the coin is the correct size for the pin and shelf wheel.

To adjust the knife loosen the two screws and move the knife down to where the lower edge of the knife rest on the shelf wheel and tighten the screws. Now look at the knife the lower edge must be resting on the shelf wheal and the back edge of the knife must be touching the Pin wheel. I'm going to bet that the knife is bent and not touching the pin wheel. If this is the case you need a new knife. Sometimes  you can heat the knife in a pan of of very HOT water and bend it back, but I would still order a new one.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               
After all this if you think every thing is OK, toss in some tokens and start turning the small white knob on the back of the motor. While turning the knob watch the tokens being lifted by the wheels and see where the coins are falling off the wheel. If the wheels are lifting the coins and they are not being paid out, they have to be falling off the wheel. What ever is causing them to fall is the rat in the wood pile.

« Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 02:49:10 PM by Buzz » Logged

edski

Total Karma Storms: 123

« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2012, 12:19:31 AM »

http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=6248.msg55874#msg55874

Spoiled Rotten Birds
coach851
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2012, 07:36:06 PM »

i can rotate the wheel manually and all seems well..the coins pick up, rotate on the wheel, go over the knife edge and exit the wheel and activate the "counter" and drop out of the coin shute...but when i try to pay out  the coins with the wheel turning under power under playing conditions the coins get stuck under the knife..

is there any way to observe the wheel/coin action under power without removing the belly glass and inside covers ??  in other words is there a way to fool the machine into thinking that the door is closed and observe the payout action ??
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2012, 08:30:08 PM »

All the chance that a new knife is going to fix it.

I can't find the link or remember the posters name, but he had some S 2000 hoppers that the pin wheel was driving the coins behind the knife.  Someone on here will remember his name, he sells on ebay using the name "Nicholgdn "  ( I think )

Sure bypass the door optics,  unplug both optics and run a wire from the red/white  wire door side to the green wire cabnet side.

coach851
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2012, 12:14:54 PM »

buzz---i understand that i should jumper the door optics but want to make sure of what to do.. after unplugging the optics-on the door side i have a green wire and a black wire and on the cabinet side i have a green wire  and an orange wire.  i did not understand your instructions on running a jumper wire..please repeat the instructions with regard to the wires that i have/thanx/andy..
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2012, 04:36:59 PM »

With the optics disconnected run a wire from the pointed side of the door plug to the pointed side of the cabinet plug

coach851
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2012, 06:56:21 PM »

don't understand what you mean by "pointed side" and running one wire..i figure i would have to run two wires ???  sorry for sounding dumb but i don't want to blow a fuse or worse..../andy..........
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2012, 07:11:37 PM »

The plug from the optics to the machine, this plug has one side that comes to a point so you can't plug it in backwards. Run one wire from point to point. One wire is all that you need.

Here is some reading for you http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=8683.25  The drawing I posted in reply 47 is wrong, the top plug should show the wire going from the pointed side.

Do not pay any attention to the cherry switch unless you plan on making this permanent.

rickaaaer
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2012, 10:12:27 PM »

This started out as a hopper empty error and turned into bypassing optics. I found a damaged hopper motor . I'm waiting for a new one to come in. I think that will fix my problem. Thanks for all the feed back.    Rick
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2012, 10:30:18 PM »

Rick It's not off topic, he wants to run the hopper with the door open.

rickaaaer
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2012, 11:53:29 PM »

Ok I see . Thanks
CVslots

Total Karma Storms: 432

« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2012, 01:53:46 AM »

Just wait for your "new" hopper....it will be there tomorrow, god willing! Or whoever it is that watches out for us!
« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 01:11:59 PM by CVslots » Logged

rickaaaer
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2012, 04:34:58 PM »

Good
rickaaaer
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2012, 05:40:35 PM »

Ok got the new coin hopper in problem solved .i am having trouble closing the door with the coin tray in.  Help!!!!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.