Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 21, 2024, 09:30:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  General NLG Chat
| |-+  Rants and Raves (SEE DESCRIPTION BEFORE ENTERING!)
| | |-+  StatFreak's Ramblings.. (Moderator: StatFreak)
| | | |-+  StatFreak's Machine Upgrades and other Ramblings..
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: StatFreak's Machine Upgrades and other Ramblings..  (Read 77314 times)
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #100 on: November 21, 2009, 06:18:33 PM »

Here is the UNIVERSAL 4-Reel coin-only dollar progressive at Fitzgerald's on Fremont Street in Vegas. I actually had to go to the cage to purchase silver to play it!
I bought $30 and was looking forward to losing it as I walked excitedly back to the machine, but after one pull I found that they had turned the sound OFF! bawling bawling   I was SO disappointed! hissy fit hissy fit hissy fit Well, at least it saved me $27 dollars (or did it cost them $27 because they had the sound turned off? Scratch Head)

<PS> I took these pictures before I played the machine. The 50 code suggests that it had been reset since the last time someone had actually played it. I wonder how long it had been sitting there, lonely? Scratch Head 2 Tongue Out

The only sound from that machine would be coin-in and wins. No spin sound.
The board in that machine does not support a BV.
Error 50 code just means that the door was openned. Most likely a coin jam.
Thanks for posting. A real old one.

RIGHT! Those old sounds that I LOVE so much! It also should have reel stop sounds, as I recall. That's why I expected to lose all of my money. I might have ended up playing one coin at a time so that I could play enough to get a winning combination. Tongue Out
« Last Edit: November 21, 2009, 06:24:16 PM by StatFreak » Logged

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
uniman
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 695

« Reply #101 on: November 21, 2009, 06:55:54 PM »

That's right, should be reel stop sounds. Guess I better drop off a sound card on my next visit.  rotflmao
If that game is the 64 stop model, which I think it is, it was designed for a 100,000 coin jackpot, not 65,000 as they have.
Chances to win the jackpot with the 64 stop is 1 in 16,777,216.  bust gut laughing
It could be a 32 stop. (I doubt it) Chances for jackpot 1 in 1,048,576.
Game #8565
StatFreak

« Reply #102 on: November 21, 2009, 07:21:08 PM »

That's right, should be reel stop sounds. Guess I better drop off a sound card on my next visit.  rotflmao
If that game is the 64 stop model, which I think it is, it was designed for a 100,000 coin jackpot, not 65,000 as they have.
Chances to win the jackpot with the 64 stop is 1 in 16,777,216.  bust gut laughing
It could be a 32 stop. (I doubt it) Chances for jackpot 1 in 1,048,576.
Game #8565

Cry Laughing Cry Laughing Cry Laughing I knew that the odds were against me, especially on those 4-reelers. That's why I was planning on playing a bit to get a win. Even a cherry or mixed bars can be difficult to hit on these. However, once I dropped in the first coin and failed to hear anything, I knew that I wasn't going to be a happy camper and when there were no stop sounds, it spoke volumes about my state of affairs: I knew that I wasn't going to be having any -- affairs, that is, nor volume. arrow  I decided to cash in my coin and pine for the Fjords elsewhere. I couldn't find any parrot slots so I settled for the Flip Flop frog game that Wayne was playing.

Scratch Head 2 Hmm, I managed to steal from Jimmy Stewart in Harvey and from Monty Python at the same time. Crazy

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
knagl

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #103 on: November 21, 2009, 08:12:24 PM »

El Cortez, about a block away from Fitzgeralds, still has some working Uni's (with sound).

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
StatFreak

« Reply #104 on: November 21, 2009, 08:35:25 PM »

El Cortez, about a block away from Fitzgeralds, still has some working Uni's (with sound).

Next time! applause wave
K+

a69mopar
647-402-1977

Total Karma Storms: 600

« Reply #105 on: November 21, 2009, 11:25:27 PM »

I wanted to post this pic here, but linked it in another (spy pics) post also.  I had such a great time on our trip, I can't wait to get time to do it again.   "Stat", I'm not telling my wife you posted a pic of her, I don't need to become collateral damage.  You do take excellent pics, and I would like to visit Joey and Vegas in the first quarter of next year, I can only hope Buzz, Joey and yourself have some free time then also, can you say "Great Slot Hunt 2010"

Thanks,
Wayne

www.GTASLOTS.com      647-402-1977              BALLY S6000 GALLERY
StatFreak

« Reply #106 on: November 22, 2009, 06:16:14 AM »

Thanks for posting a copy here as well.  yes I also had a great time and look forward to your next trip out this way.
Maybe you'll actually get two patties on your next visit. big burger dancing 2

By the way, your wife told me that she gave the pictures to you to forward to me, and that I should bug you if I failed to receive them. stir the pot / get cooking  Mail

bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug

There! That's 28 "bug"s, 28+29 letters, and 210 characters, including the space after the last bug.
Consider yourself bugged. wave Crazy I wouldn't want to disappoint her. propeller Jumping for Joey

CaptainHappy
NLG Site Administrator
NLG Site Administrator

Total Karma Storms: 622

I haven't met a Jackpot that I didn't like!!!

« Reply #107 on: November 22, 2009, 07:08:29 AM »

STATFREAK is using computer humor as that is 256 BUGS total. I knew he would have used a significant number! (Not a mathematical significant number, but a figurative or representative one!) You know, 256MB, 256K, etc..

I think you better swat him for bugging you so much!  Spank Spank Spank Spank Spank , NO garfield i am not going to do that smiley 256 times, but I did think about it though!  Cry Laughing Cry Laughing Cry Laughing

CH CaptainHappy

Come sail away, Come sail away Come sail away with me..
StatFreak

« Reply #108 on: November 22, 2009, 07:18:25 AM »

STATFREAK is using computer humor as that is 256 BUGS total. I knew he would have used a significant number! (Not a mathematical significant number, but a figurative or representative one!) You know, 256MB, 256K, etc..

I think you better swat him for bugging you so much!  Spank Spank Spank Spank Spank , NO garfield i am not going to do that smiley 256 times, but I did think about it though!  Cry Laughing Cry Laughing Cry Laughing

CH CaptainHappy

...There! That's 28 "bug"s, 28+29 letters, and 210 characters, including the space after the last bug.

Don't forget that it's also 768 letters and 1024 characters. arrow  pie in face frying pan
 CaptainHappy Worried  Duck! Duck! Duck! Duck! Duck! garfield

StatFreak

« Reply #109 on: November 22, 2009, 07:24:37 AM »

a DoubleTriple Diamond Deluxe with Cheese rounded out the six machines in the bank.

How much extra is the cheese? Scratch Head

rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao

It used to be a 25ยข, but now it's just a penny -- only you have to buy 400 slices at a time!  banghead Crazy

<PS> Random K+ alert. Somehow everyone on this thread got some... Wasn't Me Scratch Head 3 Scratch Head 3

a69mopar
647-402-1977

« Reply #110 on: November 22, 2009, 12:25:34 PM »

Thanks for posting a copy here as well.  yes I also had a great time and look forward to your next trip out this way.

By the way, your wife told me that she gave the pictures to you to forward to me, and that I should bug you if I failed to receive them. stir the pot / get cooking  Mail

bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug

There! That's 28 "bug"s, 28+29 letters, and 210 characters, including the space after the last bug.
Consider yourself bugged. wave Crazy I wouldn't want to disappoint her. propeller Jumping for Joey

I think she meant to email me to bug me and I'd reply with them attached..  I'll look for your email zxxxxx@beepbeep.com

a69mopar
647-402-1977

« Reply #111 on: November 22, 2009, 12:31:33 PM »

email on it's way

Thanks again and K+,
Wayne

StatFreak

« Reply #112 on: November 22, 2009, 12:32:36 PM »

I think she meant to email me to bug me and I'd reply with them attached..  I'll look for your email zxxxxx@beepbeep.com

Ohhh-Kayyy. But that takes all the fun out of it. Celebrate You've Got Mail

<EDIT> I see you beat me to it!

StatFreak

« Reply #113 on: July 09, 2010, 01:43:50 PM »

Buzz and CH CaptainHappy, thank you once again for your hospitality.  applause applause

CHMommy, it was a pleasure to visit with you again. wave  You made me quite jealous with all of your VP jackpots, but I got even with you! Evil I managed to lose all of the money that you left on the machine before morning -- all $2000+ of it! Now you know how my luck usually goes. Duh!    Good thing it was all play money. You should know that your son contributed to the delinquency of a Stat: he encouraged my to double up on of my low hand four of a kind win and I lost  bawling bawling

I'll let you guys post the pictures of all of your hits, including your Royal Flush. hissy fit

Hope you have a safe ride home when you wake up. wave

CaptainHappy don't forget to leave your phone behind so I can pick it up later. arrow rotflmao rotflmao

SF garfield

CaptainHappy
NLG Site Administrator
NLG Site Administrator

« Reply #114 on: July 10, 2010, 04:49:37 AM »

Stat,

You have the expert camera skills and the good pics...  Hail applause you could post them, or email them to me and then I can post. Actually can you email to me regardless. It was fun to visit, but it was too quick to get everyone else together. frying pan It would have been cool if we had time for a mancave event, plus I wanted to see Ron to give him a hug and hello. Next time when it is not a spur of the moment trip! propeller propeller propeller

CaptainHappy CaptainHappy

StatFreak

« Reply #115 on: July 10, 2010, 01:02:50 PM »

I emailed medium-sized pictures to you yesterday morning. I was going to send smaller pictures, but they didn't look that great, so I redid them. Hopefully we'll have more time to plan and to party the next time you swing by, and there will be time to visit with Ron and Chip as well.

So, what did CHMommy say when she found all $2k gone in the morning? Scratch Head 3  Duck! Duck! Duck!  Tongue Out  Cry Laughing Cry Laughing

Stat garfield

StatFreak

« Reply #116 on: September 06, 2010, 01:42:14 PM »

Okay, this is too weird.

I just finished watching all six Star Wars movies in order and am currently watching one of the bonus features about the making of Star Wars. I've never clicked on Joey's new link on the main page to the Rant.fm radio station.

So about five minutes ago I decided to click on the link to see what it was about, and out of all of the thousands of songs they could have been playing, they were JUST STARTING the theme from Star Wars (!) -- the disco version by Meco! It was as if they were waiting for me to click on the link to start THAT song.

Weird Eyes 

Meco - Star Wars Theme - Cantina Band     Buy this CD now!    Artist homepage   Song information       3:28

SF garfield

StatFreak

« Reply #117 on: January 06, 2011, 06:26:12 AM »

Year end statistics on Airport screening from the Department of Homeland Security/TSA

Terrorist Plots Discovered       0
Transvestites 133
Hernias 1,485
Hemmoroids  3,172
Enlarged Prostates 8,249
Breast Implants 59,350
Natural Blondes 3

Crazy Cry Laughing Cry Laughing Cry Laughing

SF  garfield

Brianzz
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 316

« Reply #118 on: January 06, 2011, 08:41:18 AM »

Sad but true
StatFreak

« Reply #119 on: February 23, 2011, 01:04:27 AM »

I thought this was funny and wanted to share.

For us U.S. folk, "Orange" is a mobile ISP in the UK. The rest is obvious.

Enjoy.

garfield

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/kAG39jKi0lI&rel=0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/kAG39jKi0lI&rel=0</a>

Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 345

« Reply #120 on: February 23, 2011, 01:17:11 AM »

That is a funny video  Clap  rotflmao  rotflmao

A Slot Machine and Coca-Cola Addict!!
"If it is not broke do not fix it" I keep forgetting that!
StatFreak

« Reply #121 on: March 17, 2011, 03:54:19 AM »

I thought this was cool. 11,111,111 page hits on the counter. The statistics center has a hit count already over 12 million, but even so, it still looks cool. propeller

* 11111111 page hits on the counter.jpg (67.25 KB, 317x301 - viewed 483 times.)

CaptainHappy
NLG Site Administrator
NLG Site Administrator

« Reply #122 on: March 17, 2011, 07:31:20 AM »

SF,  garfield

GOOD CATCH!!!! It is past that by far now!
 +1 (Karma, or whatever)

CH CaptainHappy

StatFreak

« Reply #123 on: September 24, 2011, 03:26:19 AM »

I thought this might be of some interest to those of us with an interest in physics.

A group of physicists working in Italy on a project called OPERA, in concert with CERN, near Geneva, have clocked neutrinos traveling faster than the speed of light. They have observed more than 16,000 instances of this event in the last two years and published their findings today for the rest of the scientific community to examine. Others have also seen this phenomenon in the past but did not have sufficiently accurate measurements to take the readings seriously.

If their findings can be reproduced and are finally proven correct, the implications of this discovery will turn physics on its ear and will invalidate Einstein's special theory of relativity.

There is some evidence that they may be mistaken. Others around the world will now work to try to either reproduce or refute OPERA's findings.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=particles-found-to-travel&WT.mc_id=SA_CAT_physics_20110923

http://arxiv.org/abs/1109.4897
I couldn't open the paper directly in my browser (others might have better luck), but it will save to disc.
http://static.arxiv.org/pdf/1109.4897.pdf

Stat garfield
« Last Edit: September 24, 2011, 04:52:47 AM by StatFreak » Logged

poppo
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 248

« Reply #124 on: September 24, 2011, 03:32:47 AM »

A group of physicists ....... have clocked neutrinos traveling faster than the speed of light.

I've clocked my wife spending money faster than that.  rotflmao

Seriously, that is some interesting stuff.  yes
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com ™    Newlifegames.net ™    Newlifegames.org ™
   New Life Games ™    NewLifeGames ™  NLG ™ We Bring new Life to old Games ™    1-888-NLG-SLOTS ™
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.