Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 27, 2024, 01:32:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  Bally 5000, 5500 and Others.
| | |-+  Ballys poker machine troubles , PLEASE HELP
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ballys poker machine troubles , PLEASE HELP  (Read 9950 times)
tomfurno
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 2

« on: January 05, 2009, 08:56:18 PM »

New to site and HAPPY TO HAVE FOUND YOU!!

Pleasae help me with my video poker machine. I just got it knowing it wasnt working. I took out the hopper and there seems to be no power supply. This is a '92 ballys machine Mod number vpokb3-lt.

When we turn it on, the screen stay dark , no color. I have pictures but they are to big to upload here. I will be happy to forward to you.

Thank you!!

tom
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2009, 09:15:35 PM »

Tom-

Welcome to NLG -- you'll find a lot of helpful folks here.

If your pictures are too big, allow me to suggest a site that will host them and automatically resize them to a size that will work for this message board.  Just visit http://www.tinypic.com/ , click the "Browse..." button to locate a picture on your computer, and then from the "Resize" drop-down box where it says "Default", change that to "Message Board".  Then click the big green "Upload Now" button and you'll be set.

Once the picture uploads, just copy the text labeled "IMG Code for Forums & Message Boards" and paste it into a post here.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
tomfurno

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2009, 09:26:57 PM »

Wow, you guys got it all covered. I hope i did this right.

Thank you!
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2009, 10:00:22 PM »

I hope i did this right.

You did!  Looking great (and a nice clean machine, too).  I'm not a Bally expert at all, but I'm sure someone on the board will be able to identify your machine and help you get it going.  Best wishes.   yes

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
blueridgeslots
703 730-0821
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1262

703 730-0821

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2009, 10:31:38 PM »

V-5000

Selling Quality Tested and Guaranteed Slot Parts and Machines at Wholesale

http://stores.ebay.com/BLUE-RIDGE-SLOT-SERVICE
tomfurno

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2009, 02:17:28 AM »

V-5000 , is that the power supply that I need?

blueridgeslots
703 730-0821
Senior Full time Member.

703 730-0821

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2009, 12:11:02 PM »

No that is the platform, a V-5000 Video System 5000

dansgames
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 240

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2009, 06:26:38 AM »

Check with Fred at Rec Room specialties (419) 385-6787 He carries nothing but Bally parts, let him know it is a 5000 series.

dansgames  arrow
tomfurno

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2009, 11:28:11 AM »

I will give Dan a call today as well.

I have been told by another guy that this machine is run by the main board and the tranformer. There is no power supply. He showed me pics that show the same connectors in the machine not hooked up to anything.

He mentioned that it is either the main board or even as simple as  u51, which is a chip/ battery on that board.

Is anyone heard of this.

Thanks for all the help, you guys are a good bunch of guys.

tom
blueridgeslots
703 730-0821
Senior Full time Member.

703 730-0821

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2009, 11:34:30 AM »

I see the difference now, the 110 goes into a filter, the V-5000 I have it goes into the power supply dist box, also the circuit breakers are in the board area, the V-5000 we have they are located in the bottom mounted on their own, I think these were those New Lottery machines that were for sale several years ago, must be configured different for that, but must have been changed as the glass says ticket on it and you have a hopper, when you plug the connectors into the board at top, do you get any message?
« Last Edit: January 07, 2009, 11:40:45 AM by blueridgeslots » Logged

tomfurno

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2009, 11:44:47 AM »

No messages, just a grey screen.

You can see where the outline of the cards would be , but no images and no color.
I had a similar problem with another machine that was left unplugged for several day. That was a simple litho battery replacement. But now I am told that the battery is at u51 in a chip.
tomfurno

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2009, 02:53:50 PM »

Fred was unable to help. Def worth a try. He is not familiar with per 93 models. Thanks anyways.

Stilling taking suggestions.

thanks!!
Jim
MIDWEST SLOTS
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 288

513-984-2201

« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2009, 12:13:41 AM »

You may want to contact Larry Weber (K-lar Electronics)  Las Vegas    Very Good with any bally machines.

1-702-363-9998

jim

MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma.
tomfurno

« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2009, 11:32:20 AM »

I actually talked with Larry about a week ago. I sent him some pic, via mail. He didnt want them in an email . H e must be pretty good, I have heard his name a few times now.   Thanks again.

The funny thing about this machine is that I am hearing 2 different things. I am hearing I need a power supply , ( which there is none in the machine) and the other is that it is either the main board or a chip/battery on the same control board. I was told u51 is a chip/battery on this machine.

I am just wondering what would happen if I hook a power supply to the 3 connectors on the bottem right corner of the machine??

tom
blueridgeslots
703 730-0821
Senior Full time Member.

703 730-0821

« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2009, 11:46:23 AM »

Doubt that will help but if you want to try let me know, you may want to post a pic of that section of the board and the battery, I bet it is a Dallas type device

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.