Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 26, 2024, 11:41:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  Bally 5000, 5500 and Others.
| | |-+  Bally Bonus Poker saferam error
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bally Bonus Poker saferam error  (Read 4689 times)
rkudrycki
« on: September 19, 2008, 08:57:58 PM »

I have a 1993-94 vintage Bally bonus draw poker video machine. The machine has worked well over the years until recently. The battery on the main board went dead causing a error message on the screen. I replaced the battery with no problem, now I get a "saferam error" when I start the machine. I have been told there are ways to clear the error using jumpers on the main board and I have been told that I need Clear Eproms to reset the ram and clear the error. I have included pictures of the machine and the main board. Any information would be greatly appreciated. What model is this machine? Whats the correct way to clear the error?

Thanks in advance
Bob

* DSC_0501.JPG (257.74 KB, 1504x1000 - viewed 299 times.)

* DSC_0502.JPG (223.21 KB, 1504x1000 - viewed 306 times.)

* DSC_0503.JPG (268 KB, 1504x1000 - viewed 361 times.)

* DSC_0504.JPG (248.69 KB, 1504x1000 - viewed 304 times.)

* DSC_0505.jpg (361.18 KB, 1504x1000 - viewed 273 times.)
Slot Docs
Contributing Gold NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 118

Slot Docs (Buddy) (940) 389-4212 Cell

« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2008, 03:50:45 AM »

Hey there,
      What you have there is A Bally 5500 series poker machine. there are two ways of clearing the game. the one using the jumpers
and the clear chip method. Back when we used to build/Refurb many of these machines we tried the jumper methods several times with varying degrees of success.  once in a while it would work but most of the time it did not work, possibly we were doing something wrong, using the clear chips is straight forward move the battery jumper to the off position, put the clear chips in their appropriate sockets (there are 1 or two of them) replace the board and power up the game.( can't remember but you may need to push the test button or turn the reset key been a long time) you will then receive a message stating that the clear is done. After that you need to remove the board and replace the original chips, put the battery jumper back in it's original position, reinstall the board and power up the game. After that you will need to reset the game options back to what they were, for that you would need a Bally Keypad, I have not seen a Bally Keypad in a Long time now but there may be someone on this site who has one for sale. I have the clear chips available. I believe I also have a card stating what the options are if I can find it.
Slot Docs (formerly BuddmanTx on this site)
blueridgeslots
703 730-0821
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1262

703 730-0821

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2008, 11:34:28 AM »

You don't need a Keypad on the V5500 for Options, There is Just 1 Eprom for the Clear Chip

Selling Quality Tested and Guaranteed Slot Parts and Machines at Wholesale

http://stores.ebay.com/BLUE-RIDGE-SLOT-SERVICE
Slot Docs
Contributing Gold NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 118

Slot Docs (Buddy) (940) 389-4212 Cell

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2008, 02:15:06 PM »

Thanks, was doing that from memory and could not remember. been quite a while since I had to do one.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.