Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 10:59:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  Bally 5000, 5500 and Others.
| | |-+  Bally EVO Hybrid Suggestions
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bally EVO Hybrid Suggestions  (Read 5461 times)
tjlee
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 76

« on: June 18, 2013, 11:06:24 PM »

I purchased a Bally EVO Hybrid "Funky Times" in semi working condition.  Video is out of the unit (The monitor is bad as computer monitor works with it).  ALso someone left the CD in it but the game and personality chips are missing.  Any suggetions as to where I can get parts for this to put it back in working order.  I couldn't find much info at all on the internet on this other than manuals posted here.  Thank goodness for that.  I may be able to repair the monitor but finding the eproms may be a problem.  Any leads on this out there would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks Ted

* FT1.jpg (525.78 KB, 1042x1389 - viewed 382 times.)

* FT9.jpg (387.48 KB, 1389x1042 - viewed 432 times.)
FORDSBS
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 363

PET

« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2013, 11:38:43 PM »

Check with coorslight
tjlee
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2013, 11:46:38 PM »

Thanks for the suggestion.  I just sent him a PM.  Ted
coorslight115
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 79

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2013, 12:34:17 AM »

Thanks for the suggestion.  I just sent him a PM.  Ted
I can help you with a lot of info and guidence on the unit, but that missing personality chip is going to be your biggest problem. You need to search vendors and see if anyone has that chip. I do not. Or we can change you to a different game.
tjlee
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2013, 02:26:52 PM »

Well,  I am at a standstill on bringing this slot to life once again.  I have been talking to Coorslight our resident expert on these and he has told me my choices are to find the personality and game eproms for this slot game "Fundky Times"or change it over to a completely different hybrid game.  I know tons of people are on this site.  I am hoping someone has the eproms for this game hidden somewhere or knows someone who does have them (Needle in the haystack find)!!!  I am also may be looking for a LCD monitor for this if I can't repair this one.  I believe it is a Tatung 15" touch screen.  I think the touch screen may be an ELO but don't quote me on that.  Help!!! Silly Me!
vtyler
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 32

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2013, 09:52:23 PM »

yes your hybrid has a 15" tatung lcd. the hybrids are usually microtouch, the non hybrids i have seen both elo and microtouch but mostly elo.
tjlee
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2013, 10:03:00 AM »

I finally have my Bally EVO Hybrid up and running (well almost!!!).  Many thanks for the suggestions here and a big thanks to Coorslight for all of his help on this  applause  I said almost as I am still getting several Door Open errors on the machine. (See Picture).  I have solved the MAIN and SERVICE errors but I am still trying to fix the BILL and LOGIC errors.  I have cut the wires to the bill door switch and pigtail them together with a wire nut but that has not helped fixing the error.  Anybody have an ideas on this.  I also tried doing a RAN CLEAR to solve the problem.  Also, I have no idea what a LOGIC door open error is  Scratch Head 

* Funky Time Errors 2.jpg (325.9 KB, 1389x1042 - viewed 362 times.)

* Funky Time Errors.jpg (342.81 KB, 1389x1042 - viewed 358 times.)
cp
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 165

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2013, 12:58:47 PM »

The logic door switches are on the  "suitcase" /cpu  area .   There are 2 of them.  Do you  have  locks on the  cpu  suitcase ?    If not,   turn machine off,  remove the cables/connectors on front of  cpu.  and pull it back.   The  logic switches are just above the locks (or holes where the locks were)  on the top of the frame / case where the  cpu  slides into.  I guess you found  the  cash can door switch  under the   bv door case... There's a  cover with 2 screws  that cover the micro switch...(look behind the  speaker and to the right)
tjlee
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2013, 04:57:24 PM »

I am so close to getting this slot going but I can't get rid of the BILL error I am getting.  Take a look at the picture.  I have disabled BILL door switch.  DOes this mean there is a problem with the bill validator.  I don't have one I can sub for this one.  Any ideas???

* Funky Times Error 5.jpg (356.48 KB, 1389x1042 - viewed 356 times.)
cp
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 165

« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2013, 09:24:02 PM »

Do you have a cash can installed ?   Did you  find the  (door)  switch that's, basically,   underneath  the  bv/cashcan  enclosure ?      Is there a  door on the   cash can enclosure ?  The door should be  up   (closed position) . 
tjlee
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2013, 10:18:55 PM »

I have this up and going now.  Thanks to all who make suggestions for this.  I have one problem to conquer now.  Reels are really noisy on this.  Is there any way to quiet them or do I need to replace them.  Thanks American Flag
tjlee
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2013, 02:51:21 PM »

Here is a short file that may help some of you out working on the Bally EVO Hybrid machines.  Most of this info I received from Coorslight and I tried to put it together for the benefit of others.  I think most of it is correct but if I have made any errors please let me know.  The EVO here is working great now.  Next step is to put a TITO board in it from Brian.  Thanks to all who help me out.  Ted

* Bally EVO Hybrid Setup Step by Step.pdf (442.53 KB - downloaded 468 times.)
« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 12:37:54 AM by tjlee » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.