Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 09:14:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  Bally 5000, 5500 and Others.
| | |-+  Bally 5000 plus Video Poker Troubleshooting!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bally 5000 plus Video Poker Troubleshooting!  (Read 4503 times)
Malembe
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« on: July 14, 2013, 06:09:50 AM »

Hi there, to everyone!
I'm a a beginner in this business and also i don't speak and write, very well in English, so, from the beginning i want to apologise for the mistakes that i will made!

I have only 4 years experience with playing machines, i know IGT, Universal, some of the Bally models, Atronic, Aristocrat, Unidesa, Williams, but...i've never had nothing to do with Bally 5000 plus video poker (Joker).
So, i am running a small business in an African Country and i have some Taiwan Copies of those Bally 5000 plus models, everything inside is Bally, mother board and all the secondaries boards, only the body is Upright, LCD screen, made in Taiwan. My problems is...the machines are paying too much and i am really scared to do a ram clear because i don't know the procedure and i don't want to make some mistakes. I have a technician here but i don't really trust him, is working for almost all the competition area  and...i don't know what is gonna do!

So, i need an "Operator Instructions Manual" like that i can follow the steps by myself. Anyone can tell me if this is a good idea or there is something that i shouldn't do it?? (Safe Ram clear).
I've heard that especially Bally machines, after you do a ram clear, they begin to pay...and this is not what i need, at least not now, when they are already paying too much!! Smiley

With Respect,

Ioan
Malembe

« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2013, 06:18:05 AM »

Hi there, again!

I forgot to specify that the actual win percentage is 92%. I have the same game with an 86% but for the moment i'm missing the machines to copy and erase the eproms. My bad!
Malembe

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2013, 11:59:48 AM »

Hi there, to everyone!
I'm a a beginner in this business and also i don't speak and write, very well in English, so, from the beginning i want to apologise for the mistakes that i will made!

I have only 4 years experience with playing machines, i know IGT, Universal, some of the Bally models, Atronic, Aristocrat, Unidesa, Williams, but...i've never had nothing to do with Bally 5000 plus video poker (Joker).
So, i have some Taiwan Copies of those Bally 5000 plus models, everything inside is Bally, mother board and all the secondaries boards, only the body is Upright, LCD screen, made in Taiwan. My problems is...the machines are paying too much and i am really scared to do a ram clear because i don't know the procedure and i don't want to make some mistakes. I have a technician here but i don't really trust him! Smiley

So, i need an "Operator Instructions Manual" like that i can follow the steps by myself. Anyone can tell me if this is a good idea or there is something that i shouldn't do it?? (Safe Ram clear).
I've heard that especially Bally machines, after you do a ram clear, they begin to pay...and this is not what i need, at least not now, when they are already paying too much!! 
P.S.
I forgot to specify that the actual win percentage is 92%. I have the same game with an 86% but for the moment i'm missing the machines to copy and erase the eproms. My bad! Is there any posible way to change the way i charge the machine, i mean Key IN??

With Respect,

Ioan
Malembe

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2013, 01:58:57 PM »

Hello to everyone!

I have a Bally 5000 Plus Joker Poker 1989 Game and i don't know how to make a ramclear. Also the Win Percentage is 92% and i want to change it with 86-87%. Anyone, any information that can help me?

Thanks
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2013, 07:29:07 PM »

Welcome to the site, Ioan.

I have merged all of your posts into one post and placed it in the proper category for your Bally V5000 video machine.  Please do not post the same thing in multiple categories, as it will only serve to confuse people who will reply to your posts, or will result in time wasted by multiple people responding with the same information to your various posts.

I do not own, nor have I worked on a Bally V5000 video machine so I can't offer you help personally, but I'm sure one or more of the members of this forum will be able to chime in and help you with your machine.

It looks like there is a Bally V5000 manual available for download here: http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=3844

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
elchoud

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2013, 05:41:42 AM »

Hi Ioan,

The Bally V5000 (5500), was and even still the mostly preferred poker machine for the players in Africa (also in some other countries).
 As this game is a Random game and its payout depends only from its paytable, The 92% on V5000 Video poker machines is normal; as well it surely depend from the game type ( 'jacks or better', 'kings or better', 'aces or better, or others ...).
 Making Ram Clear won't change anything and it won't affect the machine payout.
 If the game eproms have not been manipulated (as I heard of someone done it somewhere in africa), You don't need to be afraid. You can know it if You have the checksums of the original eproms and compare them with what would show on the screen in the settings menu.
 if You like to learn more about Poker %, You can check in wizard of odds website.
 Most important thing, do You have enough (turnover)/ clients playing these games to generate a good income?
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.