Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 05:07:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  Bally 5000, 5500 and Others.
| | |-+  Bally EVO Hybrid Problems
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bally EVO Hybrid Problems  (Read 3306 times)
tjlee
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 76

« on: July 21, 2013, 01:44:15 AM »

The Bally EVO Hybrid I had working so well for about two weeks up and died on me.  First I noticed the CD was not booting and then the video went out on me. Machine starts to boot but cannot access the CD to load the OP system.  Here is what I had done so far trying to solve the problem.   I changed ATX supplies, used different video cards, put a different CD drive in it and  hook an external monitor to it--same thing--nothing--.  Pentium computer board has sound and when you eject the CD and reload it the green CD light is on for a few seconds until it finds the CD but again it never loads.  Anybody got any ideas on what to do next.  Finding parts for this is like looking for a needle in a haystack.  I have no extra MPU or computer system board to exchange in it for testing.  May end up being a parts machine.  That would be a shame if I have to do that.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 07:44:30 AM by tjlee » Logged
cp
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 165

« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2013, 12:54:26 PM »

Believe me,  there are plenty of  Bally Evo-Hybrid   parts machines around.    I'll  check to see  if I have any extra  "suticases"  around.  If your  monitor is not coming up,  perhaps you  just have a dead monitor !   (do you  get the  "no signal" in the screen ?   The other  thing to check would be  battery  voltage.  3.6v.   
tjlee
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2013, 02:16:17 PM »

Battery voltage is good and monitor is good also.   I changed the memory in it and also the CD but still nothing.  I checked all voltages and the power supplies.  Correct voltages are all there.   I think the pentium board is the problem but I don't have a processor to swap out in it to see if that is the problem.  If you have more suggestions let me know.  I appreciate the help and thanks for the reply. 
cp
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 165

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2013, 06:48:39 PM »

If   you want a  "suitcase" (with the CD player/board etc)  AND  a game/eprom  board...   Just pay for shipping and make a donation to the  NLG site.   ...and I'll send one of each to you.   (I can't guarantee anything about the boards.)   they may / may not work.
tjlee
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2013, 07:46:21 PM »

Great--That's being extremely generous on your part.   Donation will be made today.  I will PM my mailing address to you.  Just email back the cost.  I can do PayPal on this and pay the PayPal fees..  Thanks again Ted
tjlee
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2013, 04:21:30 PM »

Received a different suitcase thanks to CP and installed it.  If I use the slot game FUNKY TIMES it boots past high ram test and then tells me I have a CD FAILURE.  If I use the slot game WILD TIMES in it slot boots up and works fine.  Both game CD'S are good and so are the chips for them ( both have been tested in a different machine).  I tried changing the memory on the Pentium board and also changed the CD player itself.  No luck getting this to work with FUNKY TIMES game.  Very stange--Any ideas??  Thanks
« Last Edit: July 27, 2013, 04:55:33 PM by tjlee » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.