Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 10:53:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  Bally 5000, 5500 and Others.
| | |-+  Need help with correcting safe ram error on a Bally V5500 poker machine
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Need help with correcting safe ram error on a Bally V5500 poker machine  (Read 3394 times)
ucanwin
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 5

Interested in trade stimulators and slots

« on: October 14, 2013, 02:21:41 PM »

Need help with correcting safe ram error on a Bally V5500 poker machine.

I got the machine and it had no picture or game function. I replaced the board on the monitor with a new one. I now have video. I was able to find a replacement main board, but it is for a Keno game not the poker game that I needed. I transferred chips from my poker board to the Keno board as follows: U10, U11, U12, U13, U88, U20 and U21. I also changed the dip switch settings on the Keno board to what the settings were on my nonworking poker board. Now, I have the safe ram error message showing.

Where do I start? Any help would be much appreciated.

Jerry
proten
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 210

« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2013, 04:49:50 PM »

You need a U10 clear chip to clear that error.
I picked up mine from "Rudy's".

One step at a time.
ucanwin

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2013, 07:15:48 PM »

Thank you for the information.
Do you know if the clear chip for the 5000 series will work?
Also, what is the clear procedure.
Will instructions come up on the screen when the clear chip is put in and the machine is powered up?
proten
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 210

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2013, 08:52:03 PM »

The V5500 uses it's own chip and can not use
another model chip to clear.
Do Not pull any boards or unplug any plugs
with the machine powered on !
You put the U10 clear chip in the U10 socket and
turn the machine on. The screen will say Safe
ran is being cleared and then it will change and
say that the ram is clear. Then put the U10 game chip
back in the socket and restart the machine and play.

One step at a time.
ucanwin

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2013, 02:03:15 AM »

I received my U10 ram clear chip today and got the game up and running thanks to the information that you provide me. Thank you kindly!
Now.......I still have a problem......as I mentioned earlier, I sent my monitor board in to Ceronix for repair. I thought that they had sent me a new board because my board was not able to be repaired. Well, I was mistaken. Upon reading the info that they sent to me, I find that they sent me a different reconditioned board. I also have a different main board that I was able to get as mentioned earlier. The problem I am now having is: When I first got the game running after doing the ram clear, the areas on the screen that should be white are sort of pink. After I played the game for a while, and having the machine turned on and off several times, the pink areas turned to white as they should be. Now, it's back to pink again and nothing seems to make that go away. My question is......could this be a problem with the reconditioned monitor board, or could it be a problem on the main board? Any ideas on what I can do to correct this problem? Other than the color probem, the game works fine.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.