Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 27, 2024, 04:01:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  Bally 5000, 5500 and Others.
| | |-+  Mystery Wires On A V-1000 Poker Machine
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mystery Wires On A V-1000 Poker Machine  (Read 8112 times)
steelcitykid
« on: July 23, 2009, 11:33:14 AM »

I have a V-1000 poker machine from Bally. Finally got a manual for it. It was doing nothing on the monitor, but feature lights were up. Received some advice about disconnecting and re-connecting connectors. Monitor lit up. It is not a full screen. It's only showing 3 cards. In the manual on page 34, fig.45 is the wiring harness. The bottom 2 connectors on the left, have 6 wires that look like they are cut or pulled out of a connector. My question is are they used on either connector or are they not used? If they are used, does anyone know what the color codes for these 2 connectors are and how many wires are supposed to be on each connector? Played random hands and got a hit. The hopper spun, and hopper empty came up on the screen. Any help is always appreciated. It is model # E-1265. Thanks.
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2009, 09:55:43 PM »

It might help to post some pictures of the connectors and wiring harnesses and of the interior of the machine.

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
steelcitykid
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2009, 09:20:54 AM »

I will get the camera out and get some pix.
steelcitykid
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2009, 01:01:29 PM »

finally got some pictures. this is what i got on the screen after disconnecting connectors and reconnecting. before, i had nothing on the monitor.

* 0803091020.jpg (354.08 KB, 1600x1200 - viewed 202 times.)
steelcitykid
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2009, 01:11:00 PM »

there are 6 wires that are on the harness that are either cut or pulled from a connector. the wires are as follows:
yellow
orange
blue w/red tracer
yellow w/red tracer
green w/yellow tracer
blue w/white tracer

* 0803091018.jpg (156.63 KB, 1600x1200 - viewed 225 times.)
steelcitykid
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2009, 01:23:34 PM »

when you play five quarters and get a hit, hopper spins to pay off and hopper empty comes up on screen. sounds only work once in a while. it seems to function properly, just the picture on the screen isn't proportioned right.

* 0803091020a.jpg (314.81 KB, 1600x1200 - viewed 210 times.)
steelcitykid
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2009, 01:28:01 PM »

the 6 wires are on the harness that connect to the bottom 2 connectors on the left side of the board stack. any ideas where the wires go? and any ideas why the screen only shows 4 cards and the other scrambled stuff?
steelcitykid
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2009, 10:19:01 AM »

I guess no one knows if these wires are used? Anyone know a manual for this machine that shows a wiring diagram and where to get it? Thanks again
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2009, 10:48:39 AM »

I'm sorry that no one has answered you; I thought that we had some members who knew about the old video Bally's. Scratch Head
Are you sure that it isn't a V1088 or V1090? I've never seen one so I can't help.

I moved the thread to the Video Slots -- Bally 5000, 5500 & Others board.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2009, 10:55:39 AM by StatFreak » Logged

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
FOXSSLOTS1
Resigned NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 323

Me at work

« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2009, 10:55:08 AM »

i will check my books when i get back on 9/1 - i have been gone most of the summer - to hot in Florida. There are alot of wire connectors going to the v1000 board stack - obviously they all do something.  If you can refresh this posting on 9/1 it will be a good reminder to me when I get back (hopefully my building hasn't melted into the sand).

I moved the thread to the Video Slots -- Bally 5000, 5500 & Others board.
[/quote]
steelcitykid
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2009, 12:01:41 PM »

thanks barry and stat freak. hopefully it's something stupid, small, and easy. will repost on 9-1-09. got back from vegas. great time at caesars. hit the last night i was there. so it wasn't a total loss. played .25 double-triple diamonds with cheese. what an intresting game!!!! anybody ever get to the top and hit 5000 quarters???? Keeps adding up. great machine.
Jackpot
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 124

I buy-Sell-Restore & have parts for older slots

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2009, 04:54:05 AM »

If those cut wires are down off the left side of the hopper, on the cabinet wall you might not have to even worry about them, there is a terminal board for running items from the machine to outside somewhere, maybe counters or trackors or whatever, it's kind of a jumper connector board, wires from the machines or leads go to it and stop where each wire is screwed to the conector, below each one is another mount for taping that circut if you want to tap those circuits for whatever reason, you could connect outside tap there, i bet the cut wires come off the bottom taps and the top ones are still good and not cut. They just cut the wires that was tapping each circut, lazy way to remove the taps to change out the machine or like that anyway. I have see these on e-1 and e-2 reel slots also. The Scrambled image on the screen could be dirty or corroded eprom legs, like the Creator generator EPROM chips. try lifting and resetting all the eproms, I have seed this fix the screen before.
jackpot
 Roll Eyes

steelcitykid
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2009, 09:09:15 AM »

Thanks for the come back Jackpot. The wires are on the main harness w/ connectors to the left side of the board stack. i will try the eprom removal tomorrow. See what happens. Again, Thanks.
Jackpot
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2009, 01:32:10 PM »

Does this have a three board stack, or the very early 4 board stack??
Jackpot

steelcitykid
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2009, 11:53:52 PM »

it has the 4 board stack
Jackpot
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2009, 12:09:52 AM »

Ouch... I have only had one to two of these on the table, and I don't remember a whole lot about it or the wiring. I do know I have run across that scrambled screen on three board V-2000 and I fix it my unseating and reseting the eproms, sometimes I would do it without breaking down the board stack with a small ling straight edge screwdriver to reach between the boards. The three board stack you have the sound board, mpu board, and IO board. On the four board I think they used an extra board and later condensed it down to 3 on the E-2's. Been so long that I can't remember the wiring in the four board unit but if it's working and you can clear up the image, then maybe they are just better left alone. I might even still have a four board stack left around here somewhere.
Jackpot

steelcitykid
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2009, 08:52:25 PM »

i'll try the eproms tomorrow. thanks
steelcitykid
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2009, 12:00:19 PM »

loosened all eproms and socketed ic's. hooked it back up, and it came up on the screen and played perfectly. everything was clear and crisp. 10 minutes later image started to flash on and off the screen. screen folded into black with a white line down the middle. hit the reset button, and this is the screen i now have. it flashes intermittently and so do the lights on the payoff scale and buttons on the door. it's a shame, it worked perfect for 10 minutes. split the boards again and checked all sockets and connectors. turned it on, and the same screen appears. i posted a pic of the screen. i was just getting ready to take a picture of it working and post it on the site. any ideas?????

* IM000021.JPG (160 KB, 800x600 - viewed 215 times.)
steelcitykid
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2009, 09:32:12 AM »

loosened and refitted all socketed ic's. the intermittened flashing stopped. still has the jumbled screen. i did have it fully working for about 10 minutes. did the game roms fail? any ideas?
FOXSSLOTS1
Resigned NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 323

Me at work

« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2009, 01:17:58 PM »

i found a wire diagram for the v1000 series machine - these are hugh  3 x 2 feet and there  are 3 pages.  I only have the 1 set - let me know what the connector you are having issues with - otherwise - copying will be time consuming and costly.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.