Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 01:43:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  Custom slot machine controller
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Custom slot machine controller  (Read 20268 times)
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2011, 09:43:33 PM »

Thanks Mopar!  yes
I feel a little smarter now!  rotflmao
russdx
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 5

« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2011, 10:14:52 PM »

Smiley

the slot it self will not use backward reels (but as iv coded the reel driver my self from scratch its nice to have that option Smiley, i might use it on other projects Smiley)

adding support for backwards reels was very easy just a few extra lines on code + 1 extra bit in the reel param byte in the mem map Smiley

ah yes as said above dmd is dot matrix display, one of my fav things in the world Smiley

am currently writing an adobe air app that imports gif/swf files and exports them as C byte arrays so i can include them in the dmd code to display images and animations Smiley. hopefully be working on the dmd again real soon, this is where the real fun/imagination is Smiley
russdx

« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2011, 02:51:32 PM »

finnaly writen the adobe air app, it works very well.

I can import any flash swfs/gifs and convert them to the c byte arrays my dmd code needs to display images on the dmd. takes seconds to convert and export and add to my dmd project Smiley

each frame is split into three arrays, the high buffer and low buffer + transparency buffer.
to get the 4 colours (off,low,mid,bright) you need just 2 sub frames. when u combine them you get the full 4 colour image
the third sub frame describes the transparency (which bits to actually draw to the display)

reho33
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 146

Slot Losers of America / Tokie Owens

« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2011, 04:23:01 PM »

More posts, please, what happened??

** NOTE: The information contained in any of my posts relating to slot machine ownership and use is information that I have gathered from publicly known sources correspondingly under the same protections of Free Speech governed under the Laws of the United States and Canada and is for informational use only. As is my Constitutional Right under United States and Canadian Laws the redistribution of said information is considered a form of free speech. Using this information in the United States or Canada to conduct illegal gambling in states/provinces where it is unlawful has been declared against the law in those states/jurisdictions and as such I do not advocate the illegal use of such information under both the United States and Canadian Laws. All references and examples of personal experiences are hypothetical in nature, and it is up to you to determine if the information presented is applicable to your situation or not**
russdx

« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2011, 05:46:18 PM »

hey,

not really touched the project recently due to some other crap coming up. but i will get back into it very soon!!!

I was last working on my custom audio board im designing. im gonna build it from scratch using 2 mp3 decoders with a 2gig nandflash.
currently bread boarding it and have it 90% working (it will have two channels so i can play two audio samples at once!). i definitely wanted two channels so i could play like feature music in the back ground and have all the count dings/effect samples playing over the top

creating two or more channel audio at hardware level is extremely hard! (well to do it correctly!)

This board will be cool as its gonna be completely built from scratch, no stuck on break out boards. gonna be pure smd!!! Smiley

once i have my audio board working ill start working on the DMD controller library some more then can start work on the actual game it self!

audio board so far!
http://russdx.frankster200.com/slot/Job2.PDF

this is a very early pcb layout! need to adjust a few trace sizes (like the power rail) and sort some other stuff out
reho33
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2011, 06:13:48 PM »

Thanks for the updates Russ and keep at it. We are really intrested in your progress. I would not go commercial with it as the "giants" would see to it that you would never get off the ground. But selling kits to hobbyist home users would give you a good market as lots of people like kits and building things. You could retain the license on the design and then sell the board kits either complete or as parts and board. All people would have to do is provide a cabinet of their choice and complete it

** NOTE: The information contained in any of my posts relating to slot machine ownership and use is information that I have gathered from publicly known sources correspondingly under the same protections of Free Speech governed under the Laws of the United States and Canada and is for informational use only. As is my Constitutional Right under United States and Canadian Laws the redistribution of said information is considered a form of free speech. Using this information in the United States or Canada to conduct illegal gambling in states/provinces where it is unlawful has been declared against the law in those states/jurisdictions and as such I do not advocate the illegal use of such information under both the United States and Canadian Laws. All references and examples of personal experiences are hypothetical in nature, and it is up to you to determine if the information presented is applicable to your situation or not**
russdx

« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2011, 10:25:39 PM »

hehe, its just a little home project. im to lazy to 'sell' it Smiley
this tech is NO were near as good as the current slot tech (which is pretty much just a pc these days lol)

would be fun to maybe make conversions kits like a sort of plug and play for the old igt machines so people could program there own games. id redesign the whole lot from scratch into one board that is a direct replacement of the current control board in these games.

would be a cool little project Smiley.   maybe once this project is done ill look into doing that Smiley
not sure how many people would be interested in programming there own machines though / would have the programming skills?
reho33
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2011, 11:35:18 PM »

Maybe you could add an Ethernet port so that the board could get an IP address and build in a web interface so that all the tests/controls could be done with a browser

russdx

« Reply #33 on: May 09, 2011, 06:48:10 AM »

id definitely add a ethernet port, probably wouldnt be used for programming / control this would be done using usb (much easier). ethernet would be used for tournament modes and shared progressive pots with other machines / some server Smiley
reho33
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #34 on: May 09, 2011, 10:41:34 AM »

But a web based interface would a person to control all his machines based on TCP/IP and to gather stats, do IO testing, etc. But USB is good as well

russdx

« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2011, 04:15:31 PM »

been a while but i am back working on this project Smiley

will be working on the dmd code alot more Smiley
and need to finish off the audio board Smiley

more updates to come!!!
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.