Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 06:50:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  Need help with door optic circuitry
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Need help with door optic circuitry  (Read 2898 times)
HOGCAT
« on: January 03, 2010, 09:08:18 PM »

if you optics are not working then the machine can never reset. first thing is to get the door optics working. in the cabinet where the optics plug is located, take a ohm meter and check the green wire to ground, I use the machine floor for this (its metal)  you should get continuity on this wire. Then repeat the process on the door optic plug , same results should apply. then you should get con tinunity from green wire to green wire. If not then here is the first part of your problem. 95% of the problems with this circuit were the door lock switch on the bill acceptor cash can door.  or with the belly switch.

At the door led you should read 5VDC  on the other wire, on the cabinet door phototransistor  you should read 8-10VDC .

Jim

Jim, I hope you or Bunker can help me out.  On the cabinet optics the two green and blue wires that are the ground I hope.  Well there is no continuity between them and the cabinet frame.  Where do these wires go to???  When I hook up a DC voltmeter to the plug between the 2 green and the red I get no voltage.  And no voltage between the red and cabinet ground also.

Now on the door, it glows when I look at it with a camera, so it is working.  The ground wire (green) shows good conection with cabinet ground.  The red door wire shows 10 VDC.

I tried stayouttadabunkers jumper idea, but it does nothing.  I think the cabinet optics are not getting power and or grounding.  The cash box switch has been removed and the two wires are hooked together.

So,  who has a idea what to do next?????  I tried 2 different CPU boards that I know are good and changed the power supply.  The one I took out had $7.75 worth of quarters in it!!!!!
                                                   GARY
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2010, 06:20:13 AM »

Gary-

Unless you are experiencing the exact same problem with all of the exact same symptoms that hedgee posted when he started this topic in September of last year, may I politely suggest that you start a new topic for your machine and your issue, complete with a detailed explanation of the problem your machine is encountering and the troubleshooting steps you've taken, to avoid any confusion between your machine's issue and the machine hedgee posted about?   yes

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2010, 01:04:10 PM »

I'm sure a moderator will move this topic over...
I talked to Gary (Hogcat) last night on the phone and he wanted to know what the 
voltage was coming out of the green and red wire running to
the cabinet side optics and where they went into the motherboard.

I took a good look at my Young Frankenstein this morning and came up with these answers for him>>>

After first disconnecting the cabinet-side receiver optic connecter from the harness,
I attached a multi-meter to the 2 wire red/green harness going to the cabinet-side receiver optic.
While powered on and with the door open - I got a reading of 8.6Vdc.
The green wire runs down to the motherboard into the left-most pin 20 on the J10 header.
The red wire goes into pin 19 on the J10 header.

If you don't get any voltage reading then I would definitely check the 2 wires, the connector pins.
Make sure you have a red and white cabinet receiver optic installed with the red going into red
and the white wire from the optic going into the green wire of the harness!

Please report back to us what voltage you are getting reading directly from the harness!
I'm wondering how you're getting 10volts!?
ADD>> I missed it...you're getting 10Vdc from the door-side emitter harness.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2010, 04:30:50 PM by stayouttadabunker » Logged
Jim
MIDWEST SLOTS
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 288

513-984-2201

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2010, 04:10:17 PM »

regardless of what other problems you are having you still have to address the cabinet optic problem!  the ground for that circuit comes thru the mother board from the main logic board. I have seen the passthroughs' (from the bottom of the board to the top of the board ) get corroded due to any number of things, I will look at my schematics' tonight when I get home from work and tell you the exact path that both signals take from the main board to the optics themselves.

Jim

MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma.
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2010, 06:35:19 PM »

SPLIT POSTS INTO A NEW THREAD.  SF garfield

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
HOGCAT
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2010, 09:07:52 PM »

I figured it out!!!  The first two pins on the mother board were bent completely over!!!  Thanks Mark and the rest of ya for helping me know where to look!!!!!

And StatFreak, sorry, I should of started a new thread myself.
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2010, 11:33:56 PM »

That's great Hogcat! I so glad you found out what's wrong!!! applause yes
Was it indeed pins 19 & 20?
HOGCAT
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2010, 12:11:01 AM »

Sure was !!  The first 2.  red wire and a green wire!!!!  Thanks  K+
HOGCAT
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2010, 12:13:42 AM »

regardless of what other problems you are having you still have to address the cabinet optic problem!  the ground for that circuit comes thru the mother board from the main logic board. I have seen the passthroughs' (from the bottom of the board to the top of the board ) get corroded due to any number of things, I will look at my schematics' tonight when I get home from work and tell you the exact path that both signals take from the main board to the optics themselves.

Jim

Jim, I hope you caught up on my problem being fixed before you dig up the info for me.  Thanks for the offer and a K+ to you also!!!
Jim
MIDWEST SLOTS
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 288

513-984-2201

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2010, 01:18:34 AM »

no problem    glad you found the problem     pin 20 provides the ground, pin 19 transfers that info to pin 14b of P-1  and then onto pin 9 of RP-4. so in any case we had you covered.

Jim     

MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.