Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 11:46:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S2000 and Vision Games.
| | |-+  Printer errors
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Printer errors  (Read 4992 times)
Ron (r273)
NLG Welcome Wagon & General Chat
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 401

« on: December 21, 2008, 12:51:09 PM »

Notes from the old site:

Title: Printer error
Post by: r273 on April 13, 2008, 09:37:10 AM
The  S-2000 machine I just got is giving me fits! The machine has a mfg. date of 6/03. I enabled the printer with a SET 00017. Played a couple games and cashed out the
ticket. It printed a void ticket and then the cash out ticket fine. Tried it again and I got several errors including the candle light flashing the top and bottom,  alternating slowly.
This is the errors and what I have tried so far:

1. Insert ticket light blink slowly.
2. "Call attendant", "paper out", "door open M".
3. Re-fed the ticket paper, it runs out and back then the
     small error light on printer comes on and ticket insert lights
     blinks slowly.
4. Push feed button once and it advances ever so slightly and
     error light goes out, insert lights are on.
5. Close door and reels spin, #2 messages  above comes back.
6. Open and close door, samething again as #5.
7. Turn off machine and back on, different message, "Call attendant",
     "Printer paper error", "closure M".
8. Open door printer paper is backed out of head. Reinserted and ticket
     printing sound activates, paper runs out and back. Small error light
     comes on and insert lights flash slowly.
9. Pushed feed button on printer, error light goes out, insert lights on.
     Close door reads "printing ticket", "printer paper error", "call attendant",
     "closure M".
10. Open door and paper still in head this time, small error light blinking,
      insert ticket light blinking.

I hope I have not made this to confusing as it seem like I have to clear something
before I can get the printer working again. I have printer manual but it does not help.

Any suggestion would be more than welcome.

Ron

Title: Re: Printer error
Post by: CaptainHappy on April 13, 2008, 12:00:45 PM
I am not sure if it can be this easy, but i had a printer error on a machine before that ended up being as simple as changing the direction of the paper. It had been loaded wrong before, but never used. I think the printer looks for locating marks on the paper.

I hope that it can be this easy, but I am afraid that you may have tried this already???

CH
CaptainHappy

Post by: oldreno on April 13, 2008, 12:30:24 PM
Did you blow out your printer with compressed air?  That printer optic in the tray that reads paper full might have some gick in it?
Someone said you can tape that over with white paper to give printer full status all the time, but I haven't tried that yet.
I'm sure you've got a full load of paper in it, but you did say any suggestions....
Also, when you power it up and hold the cut and feed buttons down, does it print out a slip of the configuration information, and your communication data?

Post by: r273 on April 13, 2008, 01:43:55 PM
Quote from: oldreno on April 13, 2008, 12:30:24 PM
Did you blow out your printer with compressed air?  That printer optic in the tray that reads paper full might have some gick in it?
Someone said you can tape that over with white paper to give printer full status all the time, but I haven't tried that yet.
I'm sure you've got a full load of paper in it, but you did say any suggestions....
Also, when you power it up and hold the cut and feed buttons down, does it print out a slip of the configuration information, and your communication data?

Thank you, I did try all of the above including cleaning the optics with water and a Q-tip. Nothing happens when I hold down the cut feed button and power up
except it feeds out and back in or sometimes just feeds out and stop, then you pull one blank ticket out.

CaptainHappy: It is loaded the correct way, thanks.

I am not sure what the deferents is between "Closure M" and "Door Open M". Also it has a small amount of credits still on it. Each time I power up the reels spin and I hear a
click near the pull handle and then all the messages come up. Does the same when I open and the belly glass and push it's button.

Any more thoughts?

Post by: Railroad94 on April 13, 2008, 03:43:33 PM
You are right about the blinking LED,it's saying paper low.
Depends on what software version you have for the printer,which sounds like the newer one if it feeds ticket and pulls it back up to the ready spot,the older versions would feed a ticket all the way out and you would then tear it off and throw one away.

I know you say you are putting the tickets in the right way but just to make sure,printed on the ticket it might say this side up,which is not for feeding into the printer head but putting into the BV.

Have you printed any out at all,since you got it. Since it starts to print you must of changed

7.2.1.1 and put to standard and 7.2.1.2 and put to disabled and checked 7.2.1.2

Post by: r273 on April 13, 2008, 04:15:39 PM
Quote from: Railroad94 on April 13, 2008, 03:43:33 PM
You are right about the blinking LED,it's saying paper low.
Depends on what software version you have for the printer,which sounds like the newer one if it feeds ticket and pulls it back up to the ready spot,the older versions would feed a ticket all the way out and you would then tear it off and throw one away.

I know you say you are putting the tickets in the right way but just to make sure,printed on the ticket it might say this side up,which is not for printing but putting into the BV.

Have you printed any out at all,since you got it. Since it starts to print you must of changed

7.2.1.1 and put to standard and 7.2.1.2 and put to disabled and checked 7.2.1.2

It did print one time. The second time I tried it with 17 credits, and it started all the errors. There is still 17 credits on it.
The tickets do print on "this side up" as I have make many with my other ticket printer. It will not let me use a key chip to check the settings.  It goes back to the reel spin and the 3 messages.
Sometimes one of the message does say "printing ticket" and I can here it run, when goes back to "paper error", "closure M", "Call Attendant". I open it up and the ticket has backed out of the head.

One thing I did find that after the reels spin and I here the click at the pull handle I can pull it down, but it does nothing?

Post by: Railroad94 on April 13, 2008, 04:43:50 PM
Did you try some other tickets or at least a different one(maybe the barcodes are a little off)
It does sound like the printer itself but you might want to check the cables in the back and going to the motherboard.
I would also cover up the sensor when you feed it a new ticket so it thinks it has a full stack,unless you are putting in a full stack.

You might want to try and swap printers and then you would know for sure it's the printer head or ribbon cable giving you the blues.

Post by: r273 on April 13, 2008, 05:34:57 PM
Quote from: Railroad94 on April 13, 2008, 04:43:50 PM
Did you try some other tickets or at least a different one(maybe the barcodes are a little off)
It does sound like the printer itself but you might want to check the cables in the back and going to the motherboard.
I would also cover up the sensor when you feed it a new ticket so it thinks it has a full stack,unless you are putting in a full stack.

You might want to try and swap printers and then you would know for sure it's the printer head or ribbon cable giving you the blues.

I have tried two different kinds of tickets, no go. Checked the connections, seem OK. Have almost two packs in hopper.
Looks like I need to get another printer and try it. Looks like it had a history of errors when I looked it up.

Thanks for all your suggestions, Railroad94.

It is a PSA-66-001N in a S-2000, anybody got one for sale?
<EDIT> Never mind I have the same units in my Visions...DUH.

Post by: oldreno on April 13, 2008, 08:40:23 PM
Dear r273,
FYI, from a previous post -- Closure M means the doors are closed, and that message will disappear after you play a game.
Door Open M means the machine STILL sees a main door open switch.
On the IGT slant-tops, there are about 5 doorswitches which will give you a "Door Open M"
And that doesn't include BV door or cashbox.
IF you have a Door open M, then nothing will happen until you get that door closed.
So check that before you continue with your problem solving.
(Every time you close the door...)

Post by: Railroad94 on April 14, 2008, 05:33:04 PM
Ron,as oldreno was saying about the door open M,got me thinking that most of these machines still have the belly door cherry switch wired in.

Post by: r273 on April 14, 2008, 05:58:35 PM
Quote from: Railroad94 on April 14, 2008, 05:33:04 PM
Ron,as oldreno was saying about the door open M,got me thinking that most of these machines still have the belly door cherry switch wired in.

All mine still have the cherry switch too.  I just talked to Luke2004 and he figured what my problem was on the printer. I have to omit it was not easy
to figure out for me. The ticket blanks were fed in the wrong way. There is at least three ways it can be done. The correct way is the black magnetic bars
face up OK but the one on the left side has to be the near the head and the first one into the printer head. After I did this it printed a Void ticket and
printed out the 17 credits that kept on showing in the credit meter. In other words, one of the errors I kept getting was printing ticket. It was telling me it had
to print a ticket before it would let you play a game or do anything including using a key chip.  arrow

Karma to all that tried to help me and including Dangames who put me in touch with Luke2004.

Thank you all

Post by: CaptainHappy on April 14, 2008, 07:53:45 PM
Quote from: CaptainHappy on April 13, 2008, 12:00:45 PM
I am not sure if it can be this easy, but i had a printer error on a machine before that ended up being as simple as changing the direction of the paper. It had been loaded wrong before, but never used. I think the printer looks for locating marks on the paper.

I hope that it can be this easy, but I am afraid that you may have tried this already???

CH
CaptainHappy

Ron,

Hmmmm. Sounds familiar.  rotflmao

For once I was right about something semi technical.  bust gut laughing I do have to agree with you that it is actually not as easy as it seems at first glance. (Especially with this side up printed on the paper. HA HA Thats not for us!  arrow arrow arrow ) I had a printer error on the I-Game and it took forever to figure it out! Finally I figured out that there are different ways to feed it. I should have been more specific in my post as that would have helped you earlier.  Duh! Duh! Duh! Sounds like it was the same thing that you had going on.  wave

CaptainHappy CaptainHappy

Post by: dansgames on April 15, 2008, 08:37:06 PM
Hey R273,
Glad Luke 2004 was able to get you going and it was something simple  applause applause applause

dansgames

Post by: radshopp on July 28, 2008, 05:30:10 PM
Hi,

I just got an S2000 that has the ticket printer on it (PSA 66-001N.)  But since I've had it on, it's just been slowly (orange.)  So, I figured I would open it up to see how it's connected.  It looks to me that there are 2 connectors that come out of it: an 8 pin and a 3 pin (with only 2 pins inside of it.)  The 8 pin is connected, i figure that's where it's getting it's power, but the other connector isn't connected to anything.  I have no idea where it goes.  Is this something that I can get working?  If I do get it working, will the BV read the tickets?  Where do I even get the tickets?

I am also hoping to get a manual to the S2000 to try to figure some of this stuff out.  I am only familiar with the s-Pluses.

Thanks!

Post by: r273 on July 28, 2008, 05:47:41 PM
You might want to read some of these posts .    Put in the word Printer in "search" at top of page.

Post by: radshopp on August 05, 2008, 08:07:25 PM
O.K.

I searched everything out to no avail.  I just got in my first shipment of blank tickets (slot-tickets brand from Happ) and it seems to have fed in properly.  But then the error LED started flashing.  Next, I hit the feed switch one time, and the error went away and the printer bezel stayed lit.  All looked fine.  But, when I went to test it by cashing out credits, I got an error on the VFD saying the printer was not working and that I could only cash out coins.

I am at a loss.  I went through the menus (options and such) to see what I could see.  The machine is telling me that it is enabled.  And I know they can "talk" to each other, because when I performed an I/O test, I can get it to advance a ticket.  But, I can't get it to print a test ticket.  (BTW, once I got it to advance a blank ticket, the printer went into error again, until I hit the feed button once.)

Now, if I am correct, there are 2 connections coming from the printer, 8 pin and a 3 pin (with only 2 pins inside of it.)  The 8 pin is connected to something in the back of the machine.  The 3 pin is connected to nothing.  I did look on the manufacturers website to see what they are for.  If I am correct (correct me if I'm not) the 8 pin for something called NETPLEX and the 3 pin is for the bezel.  Now, as I said, the 3 pin isn't connected to anything, yet the bezel on the printer lights up and blinks when there is an error.  Bottom line-------------I'M STUMPED.  Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?

Thanks---

Post by: Blueridgeslots on August 05, 2008, 08:41:07 PM
Flip the ticket over

Post by: radshopp on August 05, 2008, 09:00:26 PM
Well, I did that and I'm 50% there.  Through the I/O test, I can get VOID test tickets to print every time I initiate it.  And, it's printing well.  However, when I try to cash the credits out during regular play, it says, "sorry, printer not available" and then allows the option to cash out in coins.

Any ideas?

Post by: Foster on August 05, 2008, 09:18:08 PM
May I suggest you check voucher settings. A Key Chip might be needed.

Post by: r273 on August 05, 2008, 09:18:59 PM
This was from Dan #2:

"I had the same issue with my two S2000 printers - for me, it was because the 7.2.1.1 "Validation Security" setting was set to "Enhanced" - changed this to "Standard" and it made both my printers work.  You will need a Key Chip to change this setting - if set to "Enhanced", it requires SAS communication before it will payout to validate the payout - thus the "not available" error.  Dan #2"

Hope this helps as it got mine working.

Post by: radshopp on August 05, 2008, 09:32:56 PM
Foster & r273, thanks.  I will check into this...

Post by: dpalmi on August 06, 2008, 01:09:01 PM
Quote from: r273 on August 05, 2008, 09:18:59 PM
This was from Dan #2:

"I had the same issue with my two S2000 printers - for me, it was because the 7.2.1.1 "Validation Security" setting was set to "Enhanced" - changed this to "Standard" and it made both my printers work.  You will need a Key Chip to change this setting - if set to "Enhanced", it requires SAS communication before it will payout to validate the payout - thus the "not available" error.  Dan #2"

Hope this helps as it got mine working.

Wow - I don't even have to reply to reply anymore Wink

Dan #2

Post by: radshopp on August 06, 2008, 07:49:08 PM
Thanks to you as well, dan#2

New Life Games Tech Forums | Powered by SMF 1.0.10.
© 2005, Simple Machines LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.