Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 03:54:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S2000 and Vision Games.
| | |-+  gti low battery main (my experience)
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: gti low battery main (my experience)  (Read 1293 times)
j blair
« on: August 05, 2011, 11:18:54 AM »

hi yall !  ---- i have a igt s2000. i had battery low main message. i orderded the battery holder form mouser electronics (it arrived Fast in the mail). i also ordered the battery that it holds. i just decided to use this set- up because i like being able to change out things easily. im glad i did because the old battery was kinda hard to remove being soldered in and dont want to do it again. the battery looked like it was soldered on both sides of the board so i cut the battery out with small snips. this gave me access to the solder spots. i used de-solder wick (brade) to remove the old solder. this took awhile as i hab to be patient and cut off the brade often as it would have some solder on it. it was going slow at first until i started dipping my wick in flux and this helped a bit. you just have to be patient with this. you are trying to get the old solder and the little tabs that go through the board from old battery out. i got it all out and used my new holder from mouser and the pins went through the holes in the board perfectly . soldered the pins using small rosin core solder and fluxed the little area with rosin soldering flux as this helps out. alot of people say you have to do a ram clear after you do this. I DID NOT HAVE TO DO A RAM CLEAR!!!!! all i had to do is clear the messages that came up on the front of machine . to do this, just keep turning your side key until it says - press test button 2-3 seconds (the thin white button by the green -red- yellow lights on your cpu board on the left inside cabinate. then i think it said close door. everything is good now. thanks - jeff
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.