Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 22, 2024, 01:08:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S2000 and Vision Games.
| | |-+  what size nut driver do i need on s2000??????
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: what size nut driver do i need on s2000??????  (Read 18848 times)
staz
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 156

« on: August 13, 2011, 01:13:20 AM »

i was told to get a 7/32 so i ordered it and it came in today.... its to small  hissy fit hissy fit hissy fit hissy fit hissy fit hissy fit  Silly Me! Silly Me! Silly Me! what size do i need?
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2011, 01:19:56 AM »

i was told to get a 7/32 so i ordered it and it came in today.... its to small  hissy fit hissy fit hissy fit hissy fit hissy fit hissy fit  Silly Me! Silly Me! Silly Me! what size do i need?

All of them.  Tongue Out frying pan

Seriously. Why not buy a complete socket set? Scratch Head
I'm not even "mechanically Reclined" (Tongue Out) and I reach for my sockets as often as I reach for a screwdriver.

Stat garfield

P.S. For those professionals out there, I know about Snap On and other pro tools, but for the casual home owner who isn't a heavy car mechanic, I can say that I've been very happy with my Craftsman set.

I bought the design with the socket sizes etched in BIG NUMBERS on every socket and bought a full kit with a matching case. That set matches my 50 year old nearsighted eyes Crazy and has prevented much eyestrain. The case has also prevented me from losing any sockets.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 03:02:01 AM by StatFreak » Logged

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
CaptainHappy
NLG Site Administrator
NLG Site Administrator

Total Karma Storms: 622

I haven't met a Jackpot that I didn't like!!!

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2011, 01:31:35 AM »

All of them.  Tongue Out frying pan

Seriously. Why not buy a complete socket set? Scratch Head
I'm not even "mechanically Reclined" (Tongue Out) and I reach for my sockets as often as I reach for a screwdriver.

Stat garfield

I agree with garfield Stat, just get a cheapie socket set with a nut driver handle. You can get them cheap at Wally World or Harbor Freight. yes yes yes

BTW.. alot of them are 9/32 in IGT machines, but there are other sizes too.

CH CaptainHappy

Come sail away, Come sail away Come sail away with me..
StatFreak

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2011, 01:33:02 AM »

Oops. I think I added my plug for Craftsman after you quoted me, CH CaptainHappy

Sorry about that.

P.S. I'm not sure I'd recommend the cheap sets. I'd bought them in the past; and between the poor quality of the material causing rounded edges and losing sockets due to crappy plastic trays and cheap metal hinges that always bounced the sockets around, I'd go with the Craftsman set.

I bought mine almost 10 years ago, and because of the well made case, I have never lost a socket. None have ever gone bad, but if they do, I can always get a free replacement. Sears depends on people losing the things before they fail, so they'll replace any worn or broken tool – as long as you can still find it! lolol. bust gut laughing bust gut laughing

SF garfield

P.P.S. I'm pretty sure Staz can afford it. Crazy rotflmao
« Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 03:02:57 AM by StatFreak » Logged

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
Bettor Slots
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 751

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2011, 01:45:54 AM »

Most common size I use on a S2000 is a 7 millimeter

If life is like a box of chocolates....why do I always seem to end up with the butter creme?
blueridgeslots
703 730-0821
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1262

703 730-0821

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2011, 01:46:22 AM »

The correct size you are looking for is 5.5mm (7/32 works) for the smaller ones (ex. bv door hinge) the other common size is 7mm (9/32 works)  as Jim said above (ex. holds backlit controller metal plate to back wall)

btw Craftsman used to include 5.5mm in the metric sets but now you can't even order them

Jim S ... we posted at same time, no stepping on your post meant
« Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 10:07:32 PM by blueridgeslots » Logged

Selling Quality Tested and Guaranteed Slot Parts and Machines at Wholesale

http://stores.ebay.com/BLUE-RIDGE-SLOT-SERVICE
StatFreak

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2011, 01:49:25 AM »

btw Craftsman used to include 5.5mm in the metric sets but now you can't even order them

Hmm. I have a 5.5mm in my set (dual U.S. and metric). I guess I'll have to be extra careful with it.

blueridgeslots
703 730-0821
Senior Full time Member.

703 730-0821

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2011, 01:50:45 AM »

Hmm. I have a 5.5mm in my set (dual U.S. and metric). I guess I'll have to be extra careful with it.

I will give you $20 for it  yes

StatFreak

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2011, 01:57:19 AM »

I will give you $20 for it  yes

No thanks. I do use it. It's the smallest socket in the set, so there's really no substitute on the U.S. side of the case, although the 7/32 comes close. 
Besides, if I were willing to part with it, I'd just give it to you.

Stat garfield
« Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 02:02:22 AM by StatFreak » Logged

blueridgeslots
703 730-0821
Senior Full time Member.

703 730-0821

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2011, 02:08:40 AM »

I wouldn't ask you to part with it for any amount, but I have looked at every tool box at any flea market in the last 10 years I have been to for the craftsman ones (big handle), I have 1 long and 1 stubby one, but my favorite is a Snap on (Blue Point) one made for electronics with an insulated shaft but always looking for it

Bettor Slots
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 751

« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2011, 02:22:11 AM »

Holy crap...the EXACT same time   Weird Eyes

If life is like a box of chocolates....why do I always seem to end up with the butter creme?
blueridgeslots
703 730-0821
Senior Full time Member.

703 730-0821

« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2011, 02:30:34 AM »

Holy crap...the EXACT same time   Weird Eyes

No, not exact. you were first but I got the warning someone had posted while typing and I just posted it but was being polite in the edit (very rare) wave

CaptainHappy
NLG Site Administrator
NLG Site Administrator

« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2011, 04:16:43 AM »

I always though that the 9/32 had a teenie bit of play, but it works for me! yes I have never seen the 5.5mm in any of my sets! bawling I am going to look everywhere for them, get some gold spraypaint, and then hock them on ebay for hundreds!!! Crazy money money money 3 Stooges bust gut laughing

CH CaptainHappy

staz
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2011, 05:18:56 AM »

i dug out a old dusty socket set down my basement i used a 9/32  to take off my progressive meter then i used a little pc screwdriver for the 6 screws to take it appart then a bobby pin to pop out the chip and popped in the sdf100 then took like 2 hours to try to realine the progressive meter....it would not go in easily......what a pain in the ass...... Silly Me! Silly Me! but finally got it perfectly straight....... yes and now i got RAINBOW COLORS applause applause applause
CaptainHappy
NLG Site Administrator
NLG Site Administrator

« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2011, 05:46:13 AM »

The Wave Dancing Party Cry Laughing

CH CaptainHappy

StatFreak

« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2011, 06:34:21 AM »

i dug out a old dusty socket set down my basement i used a 9/32  to take off my progressive meter then i used a little pc screwdriver for the 6 screws to take it appart then a bobby pin to pop out the chip and popped in the sdf100 then took like 2 hours to try to realine the progressive meter....it would not go in easily......what a pain in the ass...... Silly Me! Silly Me! but finally got it perfectly straight....... yes and now i got RAINBOW COLORS applause applause applause

The Wave Dancing Party Cry Laughing

CH CaptainHappy
Me, too!  Enjoy your perfectly straight rainbow!  Crazy Cry Laughing   applause applause  Cheer Leader

FORDSBS
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 363

PET

« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2011, 09:46:39 AM »

How can ANYONE working on these machines not have a set of 1/4 inch drive sockets?
That should have been one of the first thing you put in your tool kit for working on them.
You don't have to get an expensive set. One from Harbor freight will work fine.
staz
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2011, 06:24:59 PM »

i came across a problem when i installed the chip and turned on the machine it cycled through 4 colors green yellow red and orange....... today i turned on the machine and it only cycles 3 colors green red and orange.......what happened to yellow???
PLUNGER BOY
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 255

plunger buddies DEAD BOO HOO

« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2011, 06:39:45 PM »

i came across a problem when i installed the chip and turned on the machine it cycled through 4 colors green yellow red and orange....... today i turned on the machine and it only cycles 3 colors green red and orange.......what happened to yellow???
         IT GOT PISSED AWAY     Cry Laughing Cry Laughing  Cry Laughing                        Silly Me!  (Sorry it was just such an easy shot )  Silly Me!

SELL me your  TERMINATOR  I GAME TOP GLASS AND BELLY   ( Round Top )
idesign
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 509

If it aint broke why mess with it?????

« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2011, 06:50:34 PM »

SDF100 only does 3 colors, green, red and orange

The nuts on my progressives are 7/32" btw.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 06:56:03 PM by idesign » Logged
staz
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2011, 06:57:16 PM »

i could of swore i seen yellow tooo lol........i gitta be getting color blind Silly Me!
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2011, 06:59:39 PM »

, but my favorite is a Snap on (Blue Point) one made for electronics with an insulated shaft but always looking for it

Jim   I really hate to be the one to point this out to you,  It's true a slot machine is going to screw you, but I think it's near impossible for you to impregnate one of them.

Why use a "insulated shaft" ????????????   Scratch Head Scratch Head Scratch Head

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
PLUNGER BOY
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 255

plunger buddies DEAD BOO HOO

« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2011, 07:05:48 PM »

, but my favorite is a Snap on (Blue Point) one made for electronics with an insulated shaft but always looking for it

Jim   I really hate to be the one to point this out to you,  It's true a slot machine is going to screw you, but I think it's near impossible for you to impregnate one of them.

Why use a "insulated shaft" ????????????   Scratch Head Scratch Head Scratch Head
   Come on BUZZ . YOU know SLOT CRABS     Cry Laughing Cry Laughing Cry Laughing

SELL me your  TERMINATOR  I GAME TOP GLASS AND BELLY   ( Round Top )
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2011, 07:13:58 PM »

Oh   I forgot about VD   OK Jim do it your way, you wouldn't want anything to fall off.

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
blueridgeslots
703 730-0821
Senior Full time Member.

703 730-0821

« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2011, 10:12:10 PM »

I modified my post to be correct on the US vs Metric sizes after checking out on a game since I use the metric set on the small hardware, my apologies for not checking last night when I was in the bed

5.5mm is same as 7/32

7mm is same as 9/32

Buzz, my answer is because it is mine..... and I F****g like to  frying pan  actually the insulation makes it smoother when in tight quarters and blind holes are easier as well as it is same size on shaft as the hex part, another thing is the handle is smaller and is important in areas close to corners or edges to keep straight to get nut started

* IMAG0197.jpg (325.78 KB, 1280x768 - viewed 225 times.)
« Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 11:15:06 PM by blueridgeslots » Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.