Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 03:16:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S2000 and Vision Games.
| | |-+  HOW DO I CLEAR A REEL 5 TILT ???
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: HOW DO I CLEAR A REEL 5 TILT ???  (Read 24318 times)
shivwitts
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 4

« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2011, 01:25:36 PM »

No one mentioned that the "B" door switch may be bad. open up your cash box door and check the accuator. If it is saying closure B then that is telling you that the cash box door was recently opened and that would cause a reel tilt. IGT S2000 error codes do not stack like Bally codes.
staz
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 156

« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2011, 01:49:10 PM »

how do you check the actuater and where is it?
shivwitts

« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2011, 01:53:51 PM »

The actautor is the metal arm that is connected to the microswitch. The switch is near the locking mechanism. A lot of times the acuator falls off or is damaged but the switch could still be worn also. The error "B Closure" is not an error at all it is just letting you know what happened to the machine prior to last game play. Closure is a past participle of close. But if you in fact have a "B Closure" message then for a fact that switch came open during the last game play or after.
cowboygames
Abbys Dad
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2011, 01:55:40 PM »

Cashbox door switch, if it's not already bypassed, should be, with the wires cut off and tied together. Same with the belly door switch yes
staz
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2011, 01:59:51 PM »

would that cause a reel tilt 5?
shivwitts

« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2011, 02:00:25 PM »

Yeah i forgot everyone here has home machines. Our gaming commission will not let us do that. But if it is indeed spliced together then you would or should not get the B closure message. SO it is worth a check. If it is spliced by twisting the wires, then it is possible for that to come undone or have a loose connection. Also with a lot of usage with your cash can you can cut other wires partially and have one ground to the chassis causing erratic signals. I have seen that happen also. The biggest mistake my technicians make is not check the easy things first. They assume everything is good and it has to be deep into the machine. Just verify the splice is still good then move on at least.
shivwitts

« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2011, 02:01:16 PM »

Any door open will cause any reel to tilt including reel 5 tilt.
cowboygames
Abbys Dad

« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2011, 02:11:12 PM »

Would that hold true for a reel 5 tilt on a 3 reel machine?
staz
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2011, 02:13:34 PM »

heres the inside of my cashbox it looks secure........when i close it......

* IMAG0065.jpg (482.59 KB, 2560x1440 - viewed 217 times.)
shivwitts

« Reply #34 on: November 05, 2011, 02:14:41 PM »

If someone had swapped the harness of a three reel with a five reel maybe it will. I use the required parts in our shop so that would be something to check out. Other wise it should not.
shivwitts

« Reply #35 on: November 05, 2011, 02:16:44 PM »

Check your switch if the red little button is not rounded on the top and is flat then it is going to be intermittent. Also maybe the door is coming loose. If not then continue with the troubleshooting. I just did not see that the B door was check at all in the prior posts.
cowboygames
Abbys Dad

« Reply #36 on: November 05, 2011, 02:16:54 PM »

Staz, when you plug the game in or turn on the power switch, does the bonus wheel start a slow incramental rotation while the machine boots until it comes up with the error? I've watched these bonus wheel machines turn on before and it seems like that wheel always did that before the main reels finally spun and the game was ready to play. That's another question. When it boots, do the reels spin before the error or does it never get that far?
cowboygames
Abbys Dad

« Reply #37 on: November 05, 2011, 02:19:04 PM »

If someone had swapped the harness of a three reel with a five reel maybe it will. I use the required parts in our shop so that would be something to check out. Other wise it should not.
We do to usually, but sometimes ya gotta use what's handy. That reminds me, I gotta pick up another 3 reel harness...
shivwitts

« Reply #38 on: November 05, 2011, 02:22:41 PM »

Yeah i hear you. It would be nice sometimes to do that here, but if the commission hears of it they may not be happy. But in this case a three wheel with a bonus wheel can have a reel tilt with the b door coming open. A lot of times the bonus wheel reports as reel 5.
shivwitts

« Reply #39 on: November 05, 2011, 02:23:54 PM »

Dang I just threw away 50 of those. I should have saved some and got permission to bring them home.
staz
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #40 on: November 05, 2011, 02:26:59 PM »

when the game boots up the bill validater cycles through then the bonus wheel starts to shake not going foward as it suppose to be going slowly around....then no data flashes across the progressive......then after a minute the reels spin and the progressive pops up but  errors occor..... CALL ATTENDANT, CLOSURE B,DOOR OPEN M,AND REEL 5 TILT........
shivwitts

« Reply #41 on: November 05, 2011, 02:30:29 PM »

So you close the main door and still have M door open? And you checked your opticsand door switches, interesting. I will ask some of my techs if they have an idea.
cowboygames
Abbys Dad

« Reply #42 on: November 05, 2011, 02:45:30 PM »

Dang I just threw away 50 of those. I should have saved some and got permission to bring them home.
50 what? Careful how you answer here, wasting good parts is crime punishable by... well, by nothing, but it's a damn shame!
staz
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #43 on: November 05, 2011, 02:48:49 PM »

when i close the door at start up i get CALL ATTENDANT,CLOSURE MB,AND REEL 5 TILT
shivwitts

« Reply #44 on: November 05, 2011, 02:54:01 PM »

We had some bonus wheels that did that. We reseated some of the wheels and their connectors and plugs to get the tilt to go away. It may be a bad motor on the wheel. Can you get it running, and if you do what does the machine say when the tilt intiailly happens? If it does'nt have a door open tilt thenit is the bonus wheel or an IO or other factor controlling it. I know you have been through this with the other guys, i am just trying to catch up. Its always good to go through it all again. I tell the techs that your best tool for troubleshooting is the other techs you work with or can talk to.
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #45 on: November 05, 2011, 02:55:48 PM »

I think everyone needs to step back and think.  Staz says he closes the door and the lower three reels spin. To me that means all the switches are working as they should. If just one of them was open the lower reels would not boot up. Unless I'm missing something, the error has to be caused by the one reel that will not spin, in this case the top one. If I remember correctly in that top box there are driver boards and all kinds of BS that I know nothing about.

shivwitts  I'm not trying to get into a pissing contest with you but a S 2000 can and will stack errors.

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #46 on: November 05, 2011, 03:06:23 PM »

Buzz,
What happens in the lower part of the machine doesn't affect his topbox wheel.
The problem is that his bonus wheel optical tabs are missing the optics...common with WOF's.

The hub has to come off along and with the power off,
you manually turn the wheel to see where it's either hitting or missing the optics.
When the hub is screwed back on, you have to make sure the
wheel is perfectly vertical and not out of alignment with the optics.
It's a very fine line in the optics/tabs area and it must allow the
tabs to go completely through the optics or you get a reel error [5].

Once the wheel is aligned, re-install the glass, power up the machine
and you ought to be good to go.
staz
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #47 on: November 05, 2011, 03:08:20 PM »

okay this is to weird...... i slammed my cashbox door closed a few times and closed the door and all the errors went away.......so there has to be something in the cash box door that caused me to be up all night messing with this machine....... i really want to through this machine out the window....lol jk........so now who can give me a picture detail of what to look for in my cashbox door and how to tighten it....... im very clueless when it comes to optics........ i really appreciate all the help on here....... i bet my cashbox is worn out cuz i open it a few thousand times being my machines a $150 a spin......i cant believe it was the cashbox all this time......
shivwitts

« Reply #48 on: November 05, 2011, 03:13:31 PM »

Yes Buzz I know they do , but they do not do it like Bally's do. In an IGT you dont clear them like a Bally by restting the options switch. IGT will have multiple errors but will not "stack" them like Bally machines. The netplex will not allow one error to be repeated several times like the other. But thank you for your clarification. And yes the driver boards a lot of the time up top can be reseated (dont hot swap). My apologies for asking about the B door. I do realize that several of the people on this site would make awesome slot technicians. Who i would gladly have work in our shop. So i am not trying to step on any ones feet. Just trying to help.
shivwitts

« Reply #49 on: November 05, 2011, 03:15:45 PM »

I am glad you got it working!!

That's awesome. These machines are just wierd sometimes. You never know where the fault will lie. Just remember with IGT and Netplex the cause could be anywhere.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.