Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 02:04:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S2000 and Vision Games.
| | |-+  S2000/vision game change This topic was moved here from old site
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: S2000/vision game change This topic was moved here from old site  (Read 1988 times)
opman
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 74

« on: September 19, 2008, 01:09:56 PM »

How do you do a s2000 vision game program change ?

DJH
Jackpot!
Contributing Gold NLG Member.

Re: s2000/vision game program change
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2008, 08:09:58 AM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
check the submit a new file section, there are a few doc's there that will help you.   Really all you need to do is change eproms.

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2008, 08:49:41 AM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
After I put the eproms in ,and turn on the game, what will i see . and is there something that i have to do after that. A Step by step Procedure.

DJH
Jackpot!

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2008, 09:12:34 AM » 

There was another thread that someone documented the steps just the other day

it's very easy, when you hear the beeping noise just turn the jackpot reset key until you see the screen say hit the CPU / MPU test button for 2-3 seconds (more like 4-5) and then it will say close the door, after the door is closed it will reset the game and you should be ok from there, it might beep again depending on a few things but if so just use the jackpot reset key to clear it etc

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2008, 12:48:20 PM » 

If it's a vision machine like he said then the flash card change is involved too. 

DJH
Jackpot!
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2008, 01:23:56 PM » 

That is true!

Also change the Flash cards if you are setting up a Vision game (With the upper screen)

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2008, 10:32:14 PM » 

I'm not changing the game just updateing it. I'm updateing the game chips & the version chip & VFD to. Not changing the base chip . Does that matter. or do i still have to update the flash cards?

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2008, 10:32:41 AM » 

Quote from: howie on July 05, 2008, 10:32:14 PM
I'm not changing the game just updateing it. I'm updateing the game chips & the version chip & VFD to. Not changing the base chip . Does that matter. or do i still have to update the flash cards?

If you get a protocal mismatch error when you change out the chips that means that your chips are not compatible with the Stepper Base or the drivers in the flash card and or the LCD firmware.

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2008, 04:47:28 PM » 

if I get a protocal mismatch how do I get rid of it?  do I have to do a ram clear. OR just put the old chips back.

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2008, 08:12:45 PM » 

It may be easier than you think, you never know you may just get the right stuff !, I heard the last tip you got was correct

« Last Edit: September 20, 2008, 12:38:06 AM by cushmanman » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.