Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 03:16:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S2000 and Vision Games.
| | |-+  Your opinion please - Changing a Vision's game
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Your opinion please - Changing a Vision's game  (Read 2509 times)
DorothyMacaw
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 21

Fruit machine my tail feathers !!

« on: July 29, 2010, 03:53:28 PM »

You all have been really tops on giving advice and help on technical questions. I'd like to ask an opinion question now.

I have two machines. A S2000 "I dream of Jeannie" 9" square top and a Vision "Double Diamond Deluxe - Bonus Wheel" 16" square top. I love the Jeannie game and find the DDDBW to be generic, vanilla - in other words a bit boring. The reason I got the Vision was because it was ON SALE !! If you exclude the shipping it cost me about $500.

From what I've seen here changing a S2000 game is pretty simple change the glass, and in most cases remove and replace a couple EPROMS. The Vision requires the same steps as well as changing the programming on the SIM card (I know it has a different name than that, but can't remember it).

I love the themed games, first and foremost "Pink Panther" followed by "Fox and Hounds", "Mata Hari" and "Cleopatra".

Now comes the question (took a while didn't it?) - Would you look for a glass kit for the Vision and one of the four games above, or just save up and buy one outright?

Thanks for your thoughts - Dorothy

“If you can’t explain it simply, you don’t understand it well enough.”

~Albert Einstein
tacman
NLG Document, Media Gallery and FAQ Writer
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 446

Genius in training.

« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2010, 08:48:58 PM »

Well, therein is the rub, of the four titles you listed Fox and Hound will probably be the easiest to obtain. Although I have not seen complete kits, or glass sets for that matter of Pink Panther or Mata Hari it doesn't mean they are not available. I would suspect that if they are available, they would bring premium $$$. I don't believe Cleo is a 3 reel Vision title and not sure about a 5 reeler Vision either. Best thing to do is put up a WTB in the Classifieds and see if you get any hits.

Dan (tacman)

stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2010, 01:45:05 AM »

One thing for sure - there's a lot more kits available at this time for the S2000 than a Vision platform.
Bettor Slots
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 751

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2010, 02:09:27 AM »

You just listed 3 of my top 5 favorite Vision games!!  I have had all of those titles in and out my doors...some are still in.  Your going to have a hard time obtaining any of those titles in just kits....but they do pop up from time to time so I hope you get lucky.  Also for sure the 3-R version of Mati Hari and Cleo has software issues...I would avoid them.  The 5-Reel versions of those 2 titles run perfect.  I'm a huge fan of the Fox.  Pink Panther is also very good but will be extremely hard to find that one.

And don't forget MS LGM  !!!

* LGM1000.jpg (148.42 KB, 400x618 - viewed 191 times.)
« Last Edit: July 30, 2010, 02:16:40 AM by Bettor Slots » Logged

If life is like a box of chocolates....why do I always seem to end up with the butter creme?
Bettor Slots
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2010, 02:11:53 AM »

Here's some fun pics for ya that might help you decide what you want as you shop around.

* PINK-1-1000.jpg (298.97 KB, 503x1024 - viewed 193 times.)

* MATI1-1000.jpg (343.4 KB, 628x1014 - viewed 175 times.)

If life is like a box of chocolates....why do I always seem to end up with the butter creme?
Bettor Slots
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2010, 02:15:34 AM »

Couple more.

* FOX1-1000.jpg (212.28 KB, 538x1050 - viewed 182 times.)

* CLEO-VISION1-1000.jpg (393.58 KB, 646x1069 - viewed 174 times.)

Bettor Slots
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2010, 02:21:47 AM »

This is a pretty good one too, and might be easier to find a kit for it somewhere.

* DDRUN1-1000.jpg (373.03 KB, 569x1037 - viewed 194 times.)

DorothyMacaw
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 21

Fruit machine my tail feathers !!

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2010, 12:30:10 PM »

Thanks for the pictures, Bettor. If you say they are going to be extremely difficult to find as a kit, then I know they are going to be really, really extremely difficult for me to find. I guess I'd better start feeding the parrot less food and start saving for a new machine.

I'm curious, you said that I named 3 or your top 5 games. What are the other 2?

- Dorothy

“If you can’t explain it simply, you don’t understand it well enough.”

~Albert Einstein
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.